Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who do you predict will win POW for AAC

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Machine mo! By the end of next year,it may be very hard to pick,who is best between Stewart,Jefferson,and Tuck.

Reaction Score
Machine mo! By the end of next year,it may be very hard to pick,who is best between Stewart,Jefferson,and Tuck.
I think Tuck goes next year. Everyone seems to assume she will max out her eligibility, but I'd say it's more likely she will leave with Stewie and Mo. If we thought we lost a lot this year when Bria and Stef left. Have to say, losing Stewie, Mo, and Tuck together is gonna be a pretty sad day and it's merely 13 months away :(. I'm just hoping they all get their name on the wall - they certainly deserve it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't they just count in conference games, so the SC game isn't supposed to impact the choice. It will just be the Tulane game vs. players who had two games this week in conference.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think Tuck goes next year. Everyone seems to assume she will max out her eligibility, but I'd say it's more likely she will leave with Stewie and Mo. If we thought we lost a lot this year when Bria and Stef left. Have to say, losing Stewie, Mo, and Tuck together is gonna be a pretty sad day and it's merely 13 months away :(. I'm just hoping they all get their name on the wall - they certainly deserve it.
I agree 100%! I doubt Morgan will stay. And 3 superstars in one class!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree 100%! I doubt Morgan will stay. And 3 superstars in one class!

I don't know. Very few women do leave if they have an extra year of eligibility and they are starting. Adding a year of grad school for free and enjoying campus life vs. the real world is not that different financially from a year of WNBA salary.
And if she stays she has a solid chance of being #1 in the draft, if she leaves, her two classmates may go before her as well as that ND guard.

Reaction Score
After suffering through the injuries and now playing at 100% there is no way Morgan leaves early! She's finally reaching her dream of playing at UCONN, why would she cut that short! She's not Candace Parker, she has a high sense of loyality, she wouldn't leave Geno hanging!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After suffering through the injuries and now playing at 100% there is no way Morgan leaves early! She's finally reaching her dream of playing at UCONN, why would she cut that short! She's not Candace Parker, she has a high sense of loyality, she wouldn't leave Geno hanging!
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Reaction Score

IMO she'll leave in part "because of injuies." Her knees have been issue throughout her career and now she has a chance to play what has also probably been her dream - play professionally- and she is at the goal line - I say in part she doesn't take the risk of an injury that could potentially destroy that -- and moves on with "her sisters" (as Cash used to refer her and Willaims and Jones) call. That's why in part I think she'll cut it short.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know what Morgan will do, it may depend on how many Championships she has. If she has 4, will she stay around to try to get the 5th which will be an accomplishment that no one else will ever match. She also might just say I came in with Moriah and Stewie to get 4 Championships; if they do; and we accomplished our goal. Don't need to prove anything else. However if next year, UConn doesn't win the championship she might decide to stay around to bring a championship back to UConn. Too Soon to tell and I doubt if Morgan knows what she's going to do.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Very few women do leave if they have an extra year of eligibility and they are starting. Adding a year of grad school for free and enjoying campus life vs. the real world is not that different financially from a year of WNBA salary.
And if she stays she has a solid chance of being #1 in the draft, if she leaves, her two classmates may go before her as well as that ND guard.
I like the your thinking regarding Morgan. The amount of money to be made in the WNBA is not that much and getting a grad degree might pay much bigger dividends in the long term. As you mentioned, with a great 5th year (and who would expect anything less from her) she could easily be a number one pick in the following WNBA draft. We could speculate all we want but who knows what decision she will finally make come next year. Geno's and Chris's feedback may also play a part in her decisions.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Morgan was asked about her 5th yr recently on either an interview or on an All Access show, and she answered that she didn't know if she would. It was the way she said it with her expression that makes me doubt it. She's so mature, I think she'll leave w Stewie and Mo- hope I'm wrong!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Moriah did win AAC POW Award.

Reaction Score
Morgan was asked about her 5th yr recently on either an interview or on an All Access show, and she answered that she didn't know if she would. It was the way she said it with her expression that makes me doubt it. She's so mature, I think she'll leave w Stewie and Mo- hope I'm wrong!
I think it's a matter of priorities. If Morgan values playing professionally as a higher priority than a graduate degree in her (young) life, then she will likely not return for her 4th year of legibility. A number of things could go wrong for her in that last year if she returns that could quash her higher priority. Of course, this all hinges on her continued health, superb performance, and desirability from the next level.

On the other hand, if she values a graduate degree sooner as a higher priority, then she may well choose to return for her last year. Only she knows.

My guess is that if her health and play continue uninterrupted, she will leave with Stewart and Jefferson, and we will have had the pleasure of enjoying her talents, personality, loyalty, and leadership for three years instead of four. THREE GREAT YEARS!

Reaction Score
If Morgan becomes an AA next year, she will leave with her class because she has done everything that one can do in college BB. Would be time to move on.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Morgan becomes an AA next year, she will leave with her class because she has done everything that one can do in college BB. Would be time to move on.
Well, if Morgan is an AA next year, that'll be her, Stewie, and Moriah. Plus Gabby. :)

Congrats to the 7th grader! She is a 1-player wrecking crew.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I think it's a matter of priorities. If Morgan values playing professionally as a higher priority than a graduate degree in her (young) life, then she will likely not return for her 4th year of legibility. A number of things could go wrong for her in that last year if she returns that could quash her higher priority. Of course, this all hinges on her continued health, superb performance, and desirability from the next level.

On the other hand, if she values a graduate degree sooner as a higher priority, then she may well choose to return for her last year. Only she knows.

My guess is that if her health and play continue uninterrupted, she will leave with Stewart and Jefferson, and we will have had the pleasure of enjoying her talents, personality, loyalty, and leadership for three years instead of four. THREE GREAT YEARS!
Well put- she is so calm, so consistent, and so smart with the basketball- and she is beautiful! She's got it all. USA Basketball- when they took their first lead in one of the final games this summer- Her quote in the huddle-"ok- they can't win if they don't score"! Her coach (from Miami or Fl State),said with Morgan, she didn't need to coach or be involved in the huddles. She was envious of Geno having a player like her!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Except win 5 NCs!!! :cool::rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Morgan will stay because adding her Masters will be more valuable than anWNBA career long term.

Reaction Score
What is Morgan's major? Some college players are really kind of majoring in basketball. Their majors are either sports-related or chosen to provide less challenge. If she doesn't have a focused major and career plan that would benefit from a Masters, then she may well go pro rather than risk another injury ending that dream.

Reaction Score
Morgan will stay because adding her Masters will be more valuable than anWNBA career long term.
If she stays and sustains an injury, she will at least have the degree. If she leaves and has an injury, no degree and no NBA job. So, the safest bet is to stay. Besides, doesn't everyone say the college years are the best in one's life? Why give that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom