Poffenbarger Visiting Arkansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poffenbarger Visiting Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:eek: That depends- is UNC making their kids actually go to classes these days?

Come on man... that was a cheap shot.

cat dap.gif

Reaction Score
I don’t care how big Fayetteville is, it’s in Arkansas and their number one export and occupation is pig farming. Have you ever been there? Hard pass And all this after her mother’s condescending comments about Connecticut and UConn. JMHO

Arkansas' top exports are rice and broilers. Iowa is the #1 pork producing state. Fayetteville, AR is a very social place. Lots of great restaurants, outdoor recreation opportunities, sports opportunities, and beautiful scenery.

Agriculture is Arkansas' largest industry, adding around $16 billion to the state's economy annually. The Natural State's diverse landscape and climate produce a wide variety of Arkansas agricultural products. Arkansas is a major exporter of rice, soybeans, cotton, poultry and feed grains.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i could see her going to portland, oregon, a utah school (city), Boston U, u montana. honestly, I dont see her minutes anywhere ranked in the top 75 or so

Reaction Score
With all due respect to UArk and Fayetteville, if mom was using academic and social atmosphere as a problem at UConn she wouldn't be improving her situation plus is far more isolated than Storrs to large cities or her family for that matter.

Clearly I wish any student athlete well when they transfer and sometimes it's for the best for all. There are several programs that would seem to be better fits with those qualities referenced above plus have great academics (UNC, Duke, NC State all come to mind).

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
i could see her going to portland, oregon, a utah school (city), Boston U, u montana. honestly, I dont see her minutes anywhere ranked in the top 75 or so

That’s unfair. You haven’t seen her play healthy and with a proper preseason.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don’t care how big Fayetteville is, it’s in Arkansas and their number one export and occupation is pig farming. Have you ever been there? Hard pass And all this after her mother’s condescending comments about Connecticut and UConn. JMHO

Have you been to Middletown, MD? Saylor grew up on a farm in a rural area of a border state a couple of miles from West Virginia. She's traveled quite a bit, but her roots do give some context.

Reaction Score
Dont know anything about U of Arkansas. Does it have super-engaging academics, active campus life, and the ability to get out and meet a lot of people?
perhaps she just prefers hogs more than chickens.......:rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Saylor's mom made some condescending comments about UConn. Saylor then visited Fayetteville. Some here are having some fun with that. Expecting posters on a message board to be above that (lol) seems unrealistic.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Have you been to Middletown, MD? Saylor grew up on a farm in a rural area of a border state a couple of miles from West Virginia. She's traveled quite a bit, but her roots do give some context.
I've been there, living in Frederick from the late 80s through the late 90s and I thought of it as another DC bedroom community. The daily commuter traffic down I-70 and I-270 to the Capital Beltway was something to see...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saylor's mom made some condescending comments about UConn. Saylor then visited Fayetteville. Some here are having some fun with that. Expecting posters on a message board to be above that (lol) seems unrealistic.
What did she say that was condescending? She said the reasons it wasn’t the right fit for her daughter. Should she have lied? UConn is the perfect fit for so many female basketball players. It’s an amazing place. For her it wasn’t, and her mom said why it wasn’t a fit for her. She didn’t say it was a bad place or not a fit for others. I don’t think she was condescending at all. UConn isn’t perfect for every single student athlete, and that’s ok. No school is perfect for everybody.

Reaction Score
Go Ivy if she can. Forget about professional basketball.
Yep. I'm shocked more don't consider this route. It's a hard pill to swallow when you've been the best every step of the way in your short life, but it's an extremely small minority that can make a living playing basketball. That piece of paper when issued by the likes of Harvard, Yale, Penn, Princeton, Stanford, Duke et al opens a lot of doors when it matters most.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What did she say that was condescending? She said the reasons it wasn’t the right fit for her daughter. Should she have lied? UConn is the perfect fit for so many female basketball players. It’s an amazing place. For her it wasn’t, and her mom said why it wasn’t a fit for her. She didn’t say it was a bad place or not a fit for others. I don’t think she was condescending at all. UConn isn’t perfect for every single student athlete, and that’s ok. No school is perfect for everybody.
Saylor's mon should have said nothing beyond it wasn't a good fit. She kinda dumped on UConn's academics (which is condescending) which was then followed by Saylor's visit to Arkansas. Come on.

When I was a freshman in college I called my mother and said everything was terrible. My mother told me that can't possibly be true. She was right.

Again, no big deal, but it's all a bit ironical and we're simply pointing that out.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've been there, living in Frederick from the late 80s through the late 90s and I thought of it as another DC bedroom community. The daily commuter traffic down I-70 and I-270 to the Capital Beltway was something to see...
Lemme tell ya -- the lockdown last year was SOOOOOO wonderful traffic-wise. 270 was a ghost town for several months, and it wasn't till this school year that I saw stop-and-go traffic.

Reaction Score
she obviously wants to be part of the famous call: wolfenbarger to poffenbarger! :)
That’s funny b/c when I first read the thread, I read it as “Wolfenbarger visiting Arkansas” lol. I’m like wait, isn’t she already there :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom