Poffenbarger to UConn | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Poffenbarger to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
YES we were. I've been checking here several times a day....every day since then for that announcement. Any other commitments would have had to enroll by yesterday. Another poster that "has connections", commented recently that we were done for this year. It appears that was good/correct intel. I was still hoping for that 11th hour commitment/announcement. :oops:

Well the roster for this year is set. Now we can figure out who the 5th starter will be. For debate purposes, I'm going to assume that Westbrook will have to sit this one out due to NCAA transfer rules unless we hear otherwise.

How nice would it be to get 6-3 Wing Angel Reese (Md) and 6-6 post Kamilla Cardoso (IA) from the 2020 class to join Paige Bueckers? :rolleyes: It can happen.

IMHO, there is no way Reese ends up at UConn.

Reaction Score
What’s you feeling about Cardozo? Do we have a shot? I can just see Bueckers driving and dishing off to Cardozo for an east 2. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
@Charliebball has an unhealthy obsession with bigs. Heck even the #1 WNBA selection this year was a 5’11” Forward named Jackie Young who seemed to rebound well...:rolleyes:
I think Charlieball is focused on winning National Championships. No problem here.

Reaction Score
I thought my eyes were good. Cancelling appointment with eye doc. ;)

Your eyes were good, but your memory is another story if you somehow forgot that you read that part. May be an appointment with a brain doctor is in order.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Your eyes were good, but your memory is another story if you somehow forgot that you read that part. May be an appointment with a brain doctor is in order.

Just trying to be diplomatic to the doowop.... anywaya, I have run out of my daily thread quota so I'll just post this important heads up about Crystal's recovery here:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just trying to be diplomatic to the doowop.... anywaya, I have run out of my daily thread quota so I'll just post this important heads up about Crystal's recovery here:

This is something we'll have to keep an eye on as first night approaches. I know the doctors, trainers and therapists cannot comment on her medical condition. There are privacy laws against that. But...............If I could ask them one general question about her condition, it would be.................In their professional opinion, will she be ready for the first game of the season against Cal on November 10? That's approx 73 days away. She still has time.

Query, If she's not ready, who takes over the point until her return? Christyn? She ran things in high school, and was use to having the ball in her hands during the majority of the game, even though she was listed as a "shooting guard" on Maxpreps during that time. Will Molly be given a chance to fill her shoes temporarily, or will Geno plug 6'1" freshman guard Ania Makurat into that role? :eek:

Trivia - Who was the last "freshman" point guard to start the season for Geno? I'm sure this is an item that will come up in pressers more than once as the season approaches. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
King Geno has returned to the top of his perch...Gets the best players and student athletes.....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Didn't realize she's from way out in western Maryland, basically in the foothills of the Appalachians. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Antietam battlefield. Way out there!

So we'll have two Marylanders on the team.

You'll never confuse Middletown with Garrett County.

But then Western Maryland College (now McDaniel) is halfway between Baltimore and Frederick, due north of Washington, 30-40 miles east of Middletown.

Reaction Score
This is something we'll have to keep an eye on as first night approaches. I know the doctors and trainers/therapists cannot comment on her medical condition. There are privacy laws against that. But.....If I could ask them one general question about her condition, it would be.......In their professional opinion, will she be ready for the first game of the season against Cal on November 10? That's approx 73 days away. She still has time.

Query, If she's not ready, who takes over the point until her return? Christyn? She ran things in high school, and was use to having the ball in her hands during the majority of the game, even though she was listed as a "shooting guard" on Maxpreps during that time. Will Molly be given a chance to fill her shoes temporarily, or will Geno plug 6'1" freshman guard Ania Makurat into that role? :eek:

Trivia - Who was the last "freshman" point guard to start for Geno? I'm sure this is an item that will come up in pressers more than once as the season approaches. Stay tuned.
Is it Hartley? Didn't Dolson and Hartley have to start their freshman year due to graduations and injury?

Reaction Score
Trivia - Who was the last "freshman" point guard to start the season for Geno? I'm sure this is an item that will come up in pressers more than once as the season approaches. Stay tuned.

Is it Hartley? Didn't Dolson and Hartley have to start their freshman year due to graduations and injury?

They both started the second game (box score). However Heather Buck and Lorin Dixon started the first game (box score)

Doty?

Doty is in fact one of only 8 players since 2000-01 season to start an opening game in her freshman year. You were close but my answer is the person who played in the back court with her that night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For Maryland natives, western Maryland starts at the Washington/Frederick County line. Frederick County is essentially an outer suburb of the Washington D.C. metro area. I grew up in western Allegany County and believe me, that part of the state is very different from the rest of the state (in ways both good and bad). One major difference is weather wise. Our winters were much colder and snowier than the rest of the state. It still amazes me how incompetent people are around here when it comes to winter driving.

Reaction Score
It seems that a fair number of people (including me) on the board are located in the DMV, particularly Maryland. Seems like a good opportunity to check out both and Mir and Saylor this year if any in the area are interested in attending a few games together. I am up for it if others are interested.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They both started the second game (box score). However Heather Buck and Lorin Dixon started the first game (box score)

Doty is in fact one of only 8 players since 2000-01 season to start an opening game in her freshman year. You were close but my answer is the person who played in the back court with her that night.

Renee Montgomery and Ketia Swanier the season before her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For Maryland natives, western Maryland starts at the Washington/Frederick County line. Frederick County is essentially an outer suburb of the Washington D.C. metro area. I grew up in western Allegany County and believe me, that part of the state is very different from the rest of the state (in ways both good and bad). One major difference is weather wise. Our winters were much colder and snowier than the rest of the state. It still amazes me how incompetent people are around here when it comes to winter driving.

It amazes me how incompetent people around here are when it comes to winter driving. Here ... SW Montana. At least 2 reasons for that : We've been invaded by Californians who think all weather tires mean all weather in MT...not! And people who cannot afford winter tires. Oh, and there is a third subset: young guys in "loose ended" pickups (meaning all pickups) thinking they are cowboys ... yeah, about as much as John Travolta.

Reaction Score
When I was growing up, the winter preparations consisted of getting snow tires put on the first week of November and they stayed on until the end of March. If you had a pickup truck (4 wheel drive trucks were rare) you added weight to the bed. If you had more than 6 inches of snow you put chains on.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It amazes me how incompetent people around here are when it comes to winter driving. Here ... SW Montana. At least 2 reasons for that : We've been invaded by Californians who think all weather tires mean all weather in MT...not! And people who cannot afford winter tires. Oh, and there is a third subset: young guys in "loose ended" pickups (meaning all pickups) thinking they are cowboys ... yeah, about as much as John Travolta.
Or as much as Bruce Willis in "Die Hard". You're crackin' me up. They must all look like dudes to you.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another DC burbs resident here. Every so often there's a storm that takes us by surprise. Some time ago one of those happened, and my commute home from work, which was about 13 miles, normally about 35 minutes, took 1.5 hours. That was only because I had a map in the car and found a way entirely along back roads. A co-worker who lived on my way home from work took three hours. The reason for this: People who were slipping ABANDONED their cars IN THE ROAD. I discovered this on my way in to work the next day, which was close to an hour because there were abandoned cars all over the place. This was a dusting of snow, not a blizzard or black ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom