Pocket Schedules?! | The Boneyard

Pocket Schedules?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whenever I have a UConn related question about merch or info, I always come here before giving up because if its about UConn, I know someone here has the answers.

Right now my question is about the pocket schedules. I know they used to be available at Webster bank, maybe peoples bank sometimes too. Last year I believe they came from Dunkin Donuts, but I havent spotted any yet. Has anyone seen and picked up the pocket schedules yet this season? or do they come out later on and I'm getting ahead of myself?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
They had a ton of them at First Night. Though with smartphones these days their need has diminished considerably.

Reaction Score
Whenever I have a UConn related question about merch or info, I always come here before giving up because if its about UConn, I know someone here has the answers.

Right now my question is about the pocket schedules. I know they used to be available at Webster bank, maybe peoples bank sometimes too. Last year I believe they came from Dunkin Donuts, but I havent spotted any yet. Has anyone seen and picked up the pocket schedules yet this season? or do they come out later on and I'm getting ahead of myself?

they had stacks of them at XL for the Assumption game.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
They had some at the game the other night.

Reaction Score
if you guys have them, do they have any corporate logo on them? I have one in my cube from last season and its covered in dunkin donuts insignia, so I'm hoping to get a line on where I might find some outside of a game at a home arena

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
if you guys have them, do they have any corporate logo on them? I have one in my cube from last season and its covered in dunkin donuts insignia, so I'm hoping to get a line on where I might find some outside of a game at a home arena

Yup - Webster Bank

Reaction Score

We now call them cell phones

Reaction Score
Honestly if you think that heading to the UConn schedule on a website on your phone is more convenient than having a business card-sized schedule at your work desk, on your refrigerator, in your car, etc. to check when you're making plans, you are too reliant on cell phones

I am always aware of when the next game is, and I punch the UConn games into my phone's calendar, but my fiance needs to have easy access so she doesn't make plans and expect me to go sit around at some boring function while my Huskies are playing

Reaction Score
You can download the games straight to your phone/computer on UConnhuskies.com. Just saying

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A pocket calendar?

My god. Do you still make fire by rubbing sticks?

Go to UConnHuskies.com, import the calendar for whatever sport you'd like and you're set.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A pocket calendar?

Go to UConnHuskies.com, import the calendar for whatever sport you'd like and you're set.

For a board where everyone supposedly carries 2 smartphones a pocket calendar is a little ancient. For years now I do what Fishy just said, import the calendar from the website into outlook on my computer, which is synced across my Iphone, Ipad and other computers and it shows up in my daily appointment list. Plus I set an alert on it so it pops a notification 15 minutes before every game. Tech is your friend.

Reaction Score
A pocket calendar?

No disrespect to the people that do the outlook csv files at the athletic office, but half the time they are 2 seasons behind, or the schedule times are all f uc ked up so that games are being played at 7 am according to the imported data.

Reaction Score
One cell phone for calling/texting/browsing. The other is for looking up the uconn schedule.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
John said:
No disrespect to the people that do the outlook csv files at the athletic office, but half the time they are 2 seasons behind, or the schedule times are all f uc ked up so that games are being played at 7 am according to the imported data.

Forgot to mention I also subscribed to ESPN uconn text feed like 5 years ago haven't had to touch it since, it just works every season. It's not so much a schedule but it texts you 3 times a game, at tip off, at half and at final score. With stats.

Reaction Score
You don't mean these, do you?

tumblr_neuu1keZeT1qzzfwuo1_500.jpg

Reaction Score
It's 2014 - only savages and the Amish need printed schedules.

Go here and download the schedule for your phone like a modern gentleman would.

yeah, are those 2014 schedules???? I only ask because within the past year they've had schedules on that website from like 2012 and 2011 for some of those sports......

Reaction Score
yeah, are those 2014 schedules???? I only ask because within the past year they've had schedules on that website from like 2012 and 2011 for some of those sports.

Glad to hear this web downloaded schedule business isn't so perfected, honestly having a hard copy that takes up zero space is just so much more useful. One of my idiot CT friends, my mother, my fiance, or anyone else texts me asking when the game is tomorrow while I'm at work, I can literally just reach my hand out under my monitor, pick up the piece of paper and have the information within seconds. I'm no technology hating hipster, but people here seem to be really really reliant on technology for all of their needs and information. Sometimes for certain info it makes sense to not need to unlock your phone and start thumbing through apps and options.

But just to be frank with you all, of course I dont start fire by rubbing two sticks together, I have this thing called a flint that works MUCH better thank you very much. How would I have time to rub those sticks together when I'm busy churning my own butter, cobbling my own shoes, and tanning furs for winter??

Reaction Score
Glad to hear this web downloaded schedule business isn't so perfected, honestly having a hard copy that takes up zero space is just so much more useful. One of my idiot CT friends, my mother, my fiance, or anyone else texts me asking when the game is tomorrow while I'm at work, I can literally just reach my hand out under my monitor, pick up the piece of paper and have the information within seconds. I'm no technology hating hipster, but people here seem to be really really reliant on technology for all of their needs and information. Sometimes for certain info it makes sense to not need to unlock your phone and start thumbing through apps and options.

But just to be frank with you all, of course I dont start fire by rubbing two sticks together, I have this thing called a flint that works MUCH better thank you very much. How would I have time to rub those sticks together when I'm busy churning my own butter, cobbling my own shoes, and tanning furs for winter??

these people will all be walking around like lost sheep when an EMP is unleashed over CT, whereas people with foresight like ME and YOU will know exactly when the next game is.

Reaction Score
In the time it takes to reach into your pocket or into a drawer to pull out a hard copy, Google can answer the question for you. This took 5 seconds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-20-07-00-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-20-07-00-47.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score
In the time it takes to reach into your pocket or into a drawer to pull out a hard copy, Google can answer the question for you. This took 5 seconds.

But there's no drawer or pocket... it's out in the open on my desk or fridge

but like I said, its less about me and more about old people who dont have smart phones and can't complete "a google" in 5 seconds, and about a fiance who doesn't care enough about the games but who will ask me about when and what time they are unless I supply her with a nice easy way to see when this weekend's game is and if they have a game on February 8th and what time it might be...

Look, I'm very proud of how you guys manage to save 14 seconds in schedule checking that you can use to peruse the twitter's of high school basketball players... but its not that amazing or important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom