Please fire Bill Walton ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Please fire Bill Walton ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think he's upped his game and is on a higher level this year.
if so, he still cant breath fresh air yet- as an announcer
but spoke with him at a Dead concert when he was standing next to me - an encyclopedia of Dead knowledge and very down to earth

Reaction Score
IMG_1360.JPG

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Stayed up late to watch Zags-Illinois(which ended up being closer than was predicted). The play by play guy is Jason Benetti who is taking over full time for Hawk Harrelson with the White Sox. He has a very good sense of humor and goofed on Walton a few times. He was actually able to steer Waltons ramblings back towards the game or at least basketball in general. He's a Cuse grad so I will hold that against him.

Reaction Score
Today during Xavier/SD St game. Benetti mentioned some random town or city and then the exchange went as follows....Bill: Dick Butkus is from there. Jason: Oh yeah? Bill: Have you ever competed against him? Jason: In what? Bill: Perhaps Wheel of Fortune. Jason: Why in the world would I be competing against Dick Butkus in Wheel of Fortune? Bill: Have you ever been on the Wheel? Jason: No. Bill: I have. I was victorious and it was the greatest moment of my life.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If you're not a deadhead (and I'm not) Walton is unbearable to listen to. John Celestand - now there's a guy who can call a game.

Reaction Score
That's because he's stoned out of his mind most of the time.
Funny... I was thinking the whole time during that awful game that it was like pot talk with some basketball thrown in.
I get he's an icon. I thought I was the only one who found him awful.
Granted, the material for that game wasn't very good. Someone had to fill the air time.

Reaction Score
1. There's a 12-14 story, wooden sky scraper being Built.
2. Voodoo doughnuts
3. 60% of the land in Oregon is public
4."Clifford Anderson"
I would like to try Voodoo Doughnuts, but I did before that game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I now refer to the mute button as the "Dollar Bill Button" because he's the only announcer I mute. Early in his NBA career, many Portland fans referred to him as "Dollar" Bill because he missed all or substantial parts of a few seasons with various, seemingly inconsequential nagging injuries. They were accusing him of only being interested in collecting paychecks.

Reaction Score
I’ll never forget, I think it was the last time we were in Maui, he was there not shutting up about the spinning dolphins jumping through rainbows or some other inane crap. I think it was around that time he started to go full caricature.

People think he’s stoned on tv because, besides based on the pure crap he says, he always has some half-vacant expression in between bouts of verbal diarrhea

Reaction Score
What I learned from Cosell: Turn off the sound and watch the game.

Reaction Score
I watched the second half of the San Diego St. - Xavier game that Walton did with Jason Benetti. Omg Walton is so freaking strange! After about 10 minutes of the game I couldn't listen to him any more. His commentary is cringe worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom