Please find a qb in portal | The Boneyard

Please find a qb in portal

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Zion had a mush brain in the first half which ultimately cost us the game. But it was good to see him gain some composure and make a couple of big time plays / throws in the second half. We clearly need to recruit over him in the portal, but I hope the kid sticks with the program. He was QB1 on the team that brought us back to relevancy and I appreciate him for his contributions. At a minimum, I think he’s be serviceable as a back up / relief guy, and one that would know the offensive system well

Reaction Score
love the fight in this kid but this level of competition is simply above his pay grade. I agree with others' sentiments that if he could use these comments as "hater" fuel to improve and prove us wrong, it would have been evident as of 13 games in. to see the decision making displayed at this point, indicates someone who is unable to do the progression, regardless of the receivers. They've been open, certainly not consistent enough, but they've been open enough for more to have hapenned in the air. Maddeningly frustrated by the play of this young man.

Reaction Score
Zion did his best this year. He is not a runner. He runs only when protection breaks down. He does not have top level speed. Why Charlton led off the game with that play is mind boggling. 12 and 3/4 games in I am not seeing it for ZT to be handed the job next year. He needs to work on his running speed and decision making bigtime. Finding open receivers, more accurate downfield throws and a midrange passing game instead of all short screens has to be found or next year will be very disappointing. Some of the receivers looked unhappy today. ZT needs to be way better for UConn to get to where Coach Mora wants to go.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ZT is a big reason why we played in a bowl game today

Are you his agent? Seems like a great kid who should be playing FCS or DII. He flat out doesn't have the instincts or FB IQ to play QB and it's highly unlikely those things will improve significantly over his college career.

We had a very shallow pool of QB possibilities given the past few years. After seeing the Mora effect and having a decent OL, defense returning paired with a promising run game, an outstanding receiving corps and another joke of a schedule, we should be the first call of any QB that isn't guaranteed to start for a P5 program and is looking to transfer into a starting job.

Reaction Score
19 year old kid. Played his heart out under very difficult circumstances.
He did, and I applaud that. However … if we’re going to get better, we need a passing attack. No idea how much of our playbook was left in Storrs months ago, because it looked like we had about 5 running plays, and 3 pass plays.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Doesn’t have the speed for that.
Supposedly ran a 4.5 forty, but you’re right, he doesn’t look that fast. Maybe it’s something he can work on.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Are you his agent? Seems like a great kid who should be playing FCS or DII. He flat out doesn't have the instincts or FB IQ to play QB and it's highly unlikely those things will improve significantly over his college career.

We had a very shallow pool of QB possibilities given the past few years. After seeing the Mora effect and having a decent OL, defense returning paired with a promising run game, an outstanding receiving corps and another joke of a schedule, we should be the first call of any QB that isn't guaranteed to start for a P5 program and is looking to transfer into a starting job.
Agreed. Can anyone claim he’s better than Zergiotis? And yet he left town, rightly so, because he couldn’t hack it. We need to expect more

Reaction Score
Zion is an athlete…he just might be better as a Slot receiver.
No. Has only one gear, no big play capability. Would never get open.
Keep him at QB.

If he improves his passing then maybe he starts. Depends on whom he’ll compete against. If he doesn’t improve enough to start, he’ll be a valuable, experienced backup coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
19 year old kid. Played his heart out under very difficult circumstances.
Amen. Our WRs couldn't get open and he made rookie mistakes. He was looking much better in the second half and then Marshall turned up the heat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom