Please explain DePauls seeding | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Please explain DePauls seeding

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just said if you win your league you should not have to play a 1 seed (or a playin game). Let someone who was unable to win their league be a 16th seed. The #1 team would play whoever the 16th seed. The poorly thought of leagues always get low seeds, so they have no chance. Then the ACC losers get a middle seed and have a chance to win a couple of games. The winners of leagues should get to play the 5th and 6th rated ACC teams then they may have a shot of winning a game. Winning your league should count for something, not to be destroyed by a 1 seed.
That would depend on the league right? Your suggestion is that we should ignore strength of schedule entirely and instead give people a pass regardless of the quality of their opponents. If that were the system wouldn’t it cause a devolution of quality of conferences?

Reaction Score
That would depend on the league right? Your suggestion is that we should ignore strength of schedule entirely and instead give people a pass regardless of the quality of their opponents. If that were the system wouldn’t it cause a devolution of quality of conferences?
DePaul never should have gotten a bid. You get beat badly early in your conference tournament, and you shouldn't get a bid.

Reaction Score
Wow! A 31 point loss to Dayton, an A-10 school, but one that has tournament experience. Just surprised at the margin of the loss rather than the loss itself. BYers were hoping for 3 or 4 BE teams to get to the Big Dance, but I am sure we didn't envision ANY of our teams to suffer a 31 point loss. Not a good start to the tournament for the BE. However, the best is yet to come.

Reaction Score
didn't even know the first 4 in wbb started Wednesday, yet another horrible example of how bad the women's tournament gets promoted.

Reaction Score
Wow! A 31 point loss to Dayton, an A-10 school, but one that has tournament experience. Just surprised at the margin of the loss rather than the loss itself. BYers were hoping for 3 or 4 BE teams to get to the Big Dance, but I am sure we didn't envision ANY of our teams to suffer a 31 point loss. Not a good start to the tournament for the BE. However, the best is yet to come.

I was shocked by how many times DePaul and our BE player of the year got blocked. 15 total blocks by Dayton. Shockingly poor display by DePaul.

Reaction Score
I was shocked by how many times DePaul and our BE player of the year got blocked. 15 total blocks by Dayton. Shockingly poor display by DePaul.
Apparently the BE player of the year provided DePaul's only threat. Dayton's Wahlen scored 28 to cancel her out on the scoreboard. And the rest of the Flyer TEAM won the game.

Reaction Score
After the beatdown in the Big East tournament by Marquette, a game they were never in. The committee should have decided they shouldn't have gotten a bid.

Reaction Score
The teams /games are not referred to as "play-in". the teams are in fact "in" the tournament and are considered first round games. The NCAA refers to them as the "first four".

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Here's the reality of DePaul. They are a good team that had been on a downward slide since they lost to us on a last second bucket.

It happens. Sometimes you can right the ship and sometimes you can't. And Dayton is a very good team.

sun

Reaction Score
Here's the reality of DePaul. They are a good team that had been on a downward slide since they lost to us on a last second bucket.

It happens. Sometimes you can right the ship and sometimes you can't. And Dayton is a very good team.
I agree.
One game doesn't make a season or erase their accomplishments.

Reaction Score

Shockingly poor defense. You'd think they'd be better on that end of the court, given the coach's long-time friendship with Coach Geno.

Reaction Score
I always felt that if you win your league, you should not have to play against a #1 seed your first game. It almost is a way to keep the smarter leagues down. Maybe league winners can not be seeded lower than 44. Give the at large teams a more difficult path.
Good morning. Did you really mean to say “smarter leagues”? Anyway, while I’m not a grammar enforcer, the bold function on your keyboard seemed to be on while you were typing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom