Playing not to lose.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Playing not to lose....

Reaction Score
Coaching was atrocious. Tried to give the game away. For the first time all year they blitz in the first half and were very successful. What do we do in the second half, rush 3 and almost give the game away. Why not keep doing what was working. Can they please stop trying to run up the middle, this offensive line cannot run block or create holes. And please, stop with the screen pass, we lose yardage every time. The play calling is just so painfulIy predictable week after week.

Reaction Score
I thought so too, but not after today. Sorry, but that was just bad coaching. Keep him on maybe as the D coordinator but that's it.
Don’t even do that. His defense is allowing 34 points a game. Absolutely pathetic considering we’ve faced 2 FCS teams and the 2nd worst team in the country.

Reaction Score
Hey we won.

Anyway thought some may like this

1634418059086.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don’t even do that. His defense is allowing 34 points a game. Absolutely pathetic considering we’ve faced 2 FCS teams and the 2nd worst team in the country.

Defense has been bad but is light years ahead of 2018 and 2019. Every game but two the opponent has had to play its first team offense all year. in 18 and 19 most opponents started second half with second or third team offense.

Defense has actually gotten better this season. DB's are pressing and making plays on the ball an DLine is getting it's stuff together.

Reaction Score
Defense has been bad but is light years ahead of 2018 and 2019. Every game but two the opponent has had to play its first team offense all year. in 18 and 19 most opponents started second half with second or third team offense.

Defense has actually gotten better this season. DB's are pressing and making plays on the ball an DLine is getting it's stuff together.
Have they? We’ve played 3 trash teams the last 3 weeks.. Army would still put up 52 on this defense

Reaction Score
Geez I am so happy that I did not listen to the second half. Outscored 15 to nothing!! I would have been climbing the walls.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I felt bad for those waiting to watch Toledo - Central Michigan. After these guys leave, we need to deep clean the coaches offices. I mean get the guys that do murder scene clean-up. After all...
Bring in The Wolf.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have they? We’ve played 3 trash teams the last 3 weeks.. Army would still put up 52 on this defense

Yes, the metrics all say this year's defense, while really bad, isn't nearly as bad as the 2018 and 2019 teams.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Then when they tried running off clock they still had them running plays with 30 sec on the play clock middle of the 4th and 10-15 secs left late....Total frickin' clown show on the sidelines !
Exactly. My bro in law who I’ve gone to most home games since aren’t open said when UConn was up 21-0 that Yale couldn’t come back. I said, um this is UConn of the last 10 years. Don’t bet on anything. And if you are up 12 with 7 minutes left and intent on just running, use all of the play clock, which of course they didn’t.

Reaction Score
Interesting that you say that when the score was 21-0 at the half. Unless ESPN has the final score wrong.
Oh, actually u r right. UConn's third TD was right after the half. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Yes, the metrics all say this year's defense, while really bad, isn't nearly as bad as the 2018 and 2019 teams.
Wasn’t talking about 2018 and 2019. This defense hasn’t gotten any better. We’ve just faced horrible teams since this “getting better” has happened

Reaction Score
They were actually getting a pass rush today with blitzes and stunts, but for whatever reason coaches stopped doing it in second half and went back to 3 man rush which kills us. I just saw Vandy lose the game to S. Carolina because on the final drive the Vandy coach only rushed 3 and gave the QB all day to throw. You held them to 14 pts all game to change your defensive philosophy on the final drive. Its amazing how scared these coaches play. The one thing our D-Lineman need to work on is over pursuing. Several times they had direct shots at the QB and took bad angles or over pursued and the QB just makes one little move and they blow right by the QB. Need to work on that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting that you say that when the score was 21-0 at the half. Unless ESPN has the final score wrong.
I DVR'd the game ...rewatched the 3rd quarter....Yale hot the ball first then punted to us... we drive down the field 1st possession of that half. Steven Krajewski with a QB keeper down the sideline... The UConn website shows this too. ESPN sees us as an afterthought anyways (historically)
Screenshot_20211016-194435_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Coaching was atrocious. Tried to give the game away. For the first time all year they blitz in the first half and were very successful. What do we do in the second half, rush 3 and almost give the game away. Why not keep doing what was working. Can they please stop trying to run up the middle, this offensive line cannot run block or create holes. And please, stop with the screen pass, we lose yardage every time. The play calling is just so painfulIy predictable week after week.
Agreed on our running plays in the 2nd half. Honestly, it looked like we ran dive plays after dive plays...after dive plays... made it easy for Yale's defense in the 2nd half i thought.

Reaction Score
Agreed on our running plays in the 2nd half. Honestly, it looked like we ran dive plays after dive plays...after dive plays... made it easy for Yale's defense in the 2nd half i thought.
We actually don’t run many dives. We run a lot of stupid inside zone blocking, run read plays which are slow to develop, create uncertainty in execution at the line and put pressure on the back to find a hole. When we actually do the rare run with assignment blocking, it picks up yards. The staff flat out sucks and doesn’t know what it’s doing. It would be like creating an offense to have me beat the edge… I can’t no matter how many times you call it.

Reaction Score
We actually don’t run many dives. We run a lot of stupid inside zone blocking, run read plays which are slow to develop, create uncertainty in execution at the line and put pressure on the back to find a hole. When we actually do the rare run with assignment blocking, it picks up yards. The staff flat out sucks and doesn’t know what it’s doing. It would be like creating an offense to have me beat the edge… I can’t no matter how many times you call it.
I know brother. It just felt like dive plays, because it got stuffed every time because everybody knew it was coming before the ball was snapped.....

This team has talent, clearly, though... looking fwd to those grass being greener days...

Reaction Score
+1 ...Just so much incompetence on this coaching staff I don't know where to start, they make Diaco and Edsall look like HOF'ers.
Now this is either a bad joke or the most ridiculous post by anyone in a long time. Just sayin

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom