Players that need to step up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Players that need to step up

Reaction Score
biggest concern is the step back the sophomores aside Paige obviously have taken. Muhl I don't trust her offense in any situation, Edwards just look totally lost out there.
The difference for the sophomores between this year and last year is the attendance. Will it be a factor? It is their first year to play in front of a big crowd.

Reaction Score
0BEC3E37-39FC-4F00-88F7-6D3891047AB8.gif
Both players and coaches need to up their game. We know about the injured players but what seems to be overlooked is the impact of losing a great assistant coach (who was also a great player) like Shea. She was not someone that could be easily replaced. As in the case of head coaches, assistant coaches vary in their abilities and impact. She was very instrumental in Uconn’s success over the years. Her loss was significant.

Reaction Score
I think it all comes down to 3 pointers. who can make them for us? Maybe CD, but not really anyone else. So the D packs it in and CW cannot drive. Her defender plays off her a little, goes behind screens and does not fear her getting open for a 3, if she get open and takes a 3, bad percentage for us. Evina seemed better shooting 3's last year. Dorka, not so far. Liv, not really, even when she takes a long 2 it is not a high percentage shot. Edwards the 3? No. maybe if we get Paige, Azzi and Muhl back, but if they are back, CW is likely not on the floor a ton. I can see a team of Paige (relieved by Muhl) , Azzi (relieved by CW) , CD and Evina splitting time at the 3, Liv or Dorka at the 5, Dorka or Edwards at the 4, maybe even Amari for 5 or 8 minutes. Hit the 3's open the floor up. Will depend on Azzi defense, will a healed foot let her move better. But I see a lot of work for Geno still to do this year. and a lot depending on how fast injuries heal. The current crew does not have the depth. Remember when we had too much depth? AG getting back would be a bonus. Luckily I am an old Brooklyn Dodger fan. Wait Until Next Year.
Gotta agree, all the if and when hopefuls have to realize that we are a walking (some of us) wounded team. Believing that they can magically turn into a final-four, competitive squad maybe not realistic. Just say'n.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Everyone whose name doesn’t rhyme with Rage Reckers….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom