Players/Teams I’m Most Excited to Watch This Season (WNBA) | The Boneyard

Players/Teams I’m Most Excited to Watch This Season (WNBA)

Reaction Score
I’m most excited to watch Napheesa play, she’s been my favorite player since her sophomore season at UConn.
Also excited to see Lou play for Dallas, hoping it’ll be a better fit for her. Actually I’m interested in the whole Dallas team (except arike and marina lol) I think it will be fun to watch. Also Bella, and satou, and moriah is back to playing yay!
It’ll be interesting to see how the liberty does with all their brand new players. Really just want to see how Sabrina does at the next level.
I’m excited to see stewie and jewell back in action together. Jewell is the only nd player I actually like. Curious to see how sue bird performs.
I want bria (Hartley) to go OFF this season. Like she did her 2nd year at UConn.
If meg walker gets cleared to play, I’m super interested But really I’m just happy basketball is back.
Who/what are you most excited for this season?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
All the UConn players of course but really curious about Gabby, Lou, Moriah and KML and getting on track. and Diana, Sue and Stewie getting back to form

and how quickly Rookies Crystal and Megan catch on.

and how much more improvement in Phessa can we get.

Then non UConn, offensive dominant players who continue to surprise me. Chelsea Gray and Arike (sorry :oops: but on the offensive side of the ball, she is really a show).

Cant think of any others I am really interested in

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m most excited to watch Napheesa play, she’s been my favorite player since her sophomore season at UConn.
Also excited to see Lou play for Dallas, hoping it’ll be a better fit for her. Actually I’m interested in the whole Dallas team (except arike and marina lol) I think it will be fun to watch. Also Bella, and satou, and moriah is back to playing yay!
It’ll be interesting to see how the liberty does with all their brand new players. Really just want to see how Sabrina does at the next level.
I’m excited to see stewie and jewell back in action together. Jewell is the only nd player I actually like. Curious to see how sue bird performs.
I want bria (Hartley) to go OFF this season. Like she did her 2nd year at UConn.
If meg walker gets cleared to play, I’m super interested But really I’m just happy basketball is back.
Who/what are you most excited for this season?

I feel you Bball244. I felt the same way about Maya Moore when she graduated from UConn, and moved on to the WNBA. I wanted to continued to watch her play. That's how I got hooked on the W. I love it., and I still follow ALL of the active former UConn players. There is some very good basketball being played here. I've been to many Sparks and LV Aces games. I've enjoyed everyone of them. I got to meet and take a picture with Stewie in Las Vegas. We were both in town for their game with the Aces the next day. She was very cordial. I told her I was a HUGE UConn fan. It may have helped that I just happen to have on some UConn gear at the time. She made a fan for life that day!!! :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, something like 10% of the WNBA players tested came up positive. How in the world can these teams play basketball? Wasn't it something like two NBA players testing positive on one team that led the NBA to cancel its season?

Seems as though everyone is hoping against hope. But the reality is not going away. This is getting worse, and worse, and worse.

My college alma mater just announced that no students would be on campus this fall. Just one domino falling after another.

Reaction Score
Has anyone received a code for discount for League Pass? My subscription expires in a few days. I haven't received any information from WNBA on renewal, pricing etc.

Reaction Score
Has anyone received a code for discount for League Pass? My subscription expires in a few days. I haven't received any information from WNBA on renewal, pricing etc.
I wrote League Pass back in April, because I didn't know if they would be charging my CC THEN or if / when play was resumed. Here was my answer:

"Thank you for contacting WNBA League Pass support.

Currently, plans for League Pass renewal are pending our approach for the 2020 season. In the meantime, your account will still be active, including access to every game from the 2019 season on-demand".

Regards,
Sarah
WNBA League Pass Support

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, something like 10% of the WNBA players tested came up positive. How in the world can these teams play basketball? Wasn't it something like two NBA players testing positive on one team that led the NBA to cancel its season?

Seems as though everyone is hoping against hope. But the reality is not going away. This is getting worse, and worse, and worse.

My college alma mater just announced that no students would be on campus this fall. Just one domino falling after another.
I just read an article that was dated back in June that stated COVID testing accuracy was between 60 - 80%! So it can go both ways, as far as a positive test or a negative test! :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I think closer to 5% prior to the bubble. The whole idea is to know the positives, isolate them, test multiple times with multiple negatives before being allowed into the bubble.

The NBA situation was completely different since there was no mechanism to isolate at the time and know one knew anything about the virus

College is a different story. We will see.

Reaction Score
I subscribed three years ago and they keep telling me I am still subscribed.

Reaction Score
I just read an article that was dated back in June that stated COVID testing accuracy was between 60 - 80%! So it can go both ways, as far as a positive test or a negative test! :confused:
I was never very good at taking tests..usually got between 60 and 80...

Reaction Score
DEHusky, I believe you are subscribed to WNBA League Pass for life as it is auto renewed every year at the start of the season, unless you cancel for some reason.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DEHusky, I believe you are subscribed to WNBA League Pass for life as it is auto renewed every year at the start of the season, unless you cancel for some reason.

This is the most important part of the message I got. They are opening up prior seasons which might be fun

To ensure you don’t miss out on any of the action this year, we’re auto-renewing your WNBA League Pass subscription and offering a 25% merchandise discount with your renewal.This year, you’ll have access to hundreds of games from the past five seasons on-demand and at least 50 live regular-season games for 2020.

Your WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscription will renew for the 2020 season on August 17, 2020 with no action required by you. The billing information on file will be charged $16.99, at that time. To update your billing information, or to cancel prior to this date, visit leaguepass.wnba.com and sign in to your account.

I do not understand the Aug 17 date???

Reaction Score

Speaking of Seattle Storm, here's another article that was posted in the Rep-Am today about life in the bubble:

WNBA players adjusting to life in their Florida bubble
BY DOUG FEINBERG
AP BASKETBALL WRITER

Sue Bird has seen a lot in her storied playing career in the WNBA, overseas and the Olympics. While nothing the 39-year-old Seattle Storm guard experienced has prepared her for life in the WNBA bubble, she is making the best of the situation.
The WNBA put all 12 of its teams at a single site — the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida — in hopes of playing the full 22-game season amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“The bubble is part summer camp, mixed in with the Olympic village, playing overseas and an AAU tournament with a little bit of college life thrown in,” Bird said in a phone interview.
Two weeks into the experiment, players and coaches have been adjusting to their temporary homes.
“It’s like overseas, but a little bit easier as far as access to things as you can order in and it’s less isolating since you have so many of your friends around,” Bird’s teammate Breanna Stewart said. “In the end, getting here and seeing how everything has come to fruition, I know it’s going to work, as long as everyone’s smart and continues to be safe. We’re trusting everyone that’s here is going to be safe.”
Stewart is living in a villa with some of her Storm teammates while Bird is staying at the hotel on site. Players were given the option of where they wanted to live.
The street where the villas are located — a few minutes from the hotel — has the feel of a sorority row.
Each team was given two golf carts and they are usually parked in front of the villas where the
players or operations staff are staying. Atlanta glossed up its carts with the team’s new logo on the front.
“You say hello to people and could bump into someone a few times a day from another squad,” New York guard Sabrina Ionescu said. “It feels like the Nike Nationals AAU Tournament.”
ajax-request.php
zoom_in.png

The WNBA put all 12 of its teams at a single site — the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida — in hopes of playing the full 22-game season amid the coronavirus pandemic. Each team was given two golf carts and they are usually parked in front of the villas where the players are staying.
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Reaction Score
Lynx and Liberty, although I will miss Rebecca Allen from the Liberty.

Reaction Score
We're finally set to watch some WBB this weekend!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) Here are the games scheduled:
Saturday, July 25 - 3 GAMES

12:00 PM ET - ESPN: Seattle Storm vs. New York Liberty
3:00 PM ET - ABC: Los Angeles Sparks vs Phoenix Mercury
5:00 PM ET - CBS SPORTS NETWORK: Indiana Fever vs Washington Mystics
All games being played in Bradenton, FL

Sunday, July 26 - 3 GAMES

12:00 PM ET - ESPN: Connecticut Sun vs Minnesota Lynx
3:00 PM ET - ABC: Chicago Sky vs Las Vegas Aces
5:00 PM ET - CBS SPORTS NETWORK: Dallas Wings vs Atlanta Dream
All games being played in Bradenton, FL

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA Season Preview 6:30 PM EST ESPN2 July 21

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Kind of a strange year like the previous one where a LOT of marquee players are out:
Tina Charles
EDD
Natasha Cloud
Kristi Toliver
Chiney Ogwumike
Jonquel Jones
Liz Cambage
Tiffany Hayes
Odyssey Sims (maybe?)

Lots of opportunity for players to emerge in larger roles. I'm mostly excited to see a lot of younger players hopefully take strides forward in the roles:

Diamond Deshields-was 2nd Team All WNBA a year ago, she might be the best athlete in the league but if she can add a more consistent mid range/3 point shot, she could move up to 1st Team.

A'ja Wilson-look for her numbers to go up without Cambage inside. A'ja is best playing center without another big body inside. Good face up good and excellent at driving to the basket and drawing contact. Look for her to have a big year.

Indiana's Trio of Mitchell, Vivians and McCowan- Mitchell was streaky but had some nice moments last year. I still think she has star potential if she can play a little smarter. Vivians is coming off an ACL but was excellent as a rookie. McCowan was an absolute monster last year and likely will play 30 mpg this short season. The sky is truly the limit for her.

Dallas's entire roster-Ogunbowale was one of the best players in the league the 2nd half of the season last year, all while playing out of position and on a bottom feeder team. I could see her thriving off the ball, but I could also see her struggling a bit at first with the adjustment. One of the most exciting players in the league even if she isn't beloved on here. Jefferson has only had 1 fully healthy season in the league and she was stellar that year. Her ability to stay healthy for the shortened season is key, as I think she still has great upside if she has her quickness. Strong decision maker and overall PG despite her small frame. The barrage of rookies are all unique and dangerous in their own way. Alarie is a unique prospect, Sabally has star written all over her, and Harris has the makings of being a quality backup PG. Then you add in a couple of dead eye shooters who likely get more minutes in Mabrey/KLS, and this looks like a really intriguing team even if they're likely a year or 2 away from being a contender. Oh, they also need a big.

Others like Lexie Brown, Kia Nurse, Brianna Turner, Kalani Brown, Jackie Young and Ariel Atkins who project to play bigger roles this year. Potentially Stevens/Gabby Williams too. Not to mention Napheesa Collier who came off a very good ROY campaign and likely takes on a bigger role with Fowles aging and Sims out indefinitely.

It's a short season but I think it could be a pivotal one where the youth movement starts to take over the league. The 2018/19 classes were absolutely loaded and should be primed to establish themselves, especially with more opportunity for playing time this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I want to see all the Huskies. I hope the changes in scenery are good for Kaleena, Morgan, Moriah, Lou, and Azura. I think Moriah has star potential and can make a very exciting backcourt with Arike.

I also want to see how Stewie holds up and how Sue and Dee look. Another title in Seattle??

I'll miss Tina, Tiff, and Renee. I will really miss Miss Maya.

I'm also curious about how the rookies fit in and how much the 2nd year group improved. Is Sabrina a star? Is McCowan a beast? How does Meg fit in?

Probably the player I am most eager to see is Crystal. I think several GMs will be kicking themselves over passing on her. She will combine with Phee and Syl to make the Lynx a solid team.

Reaction Score
Each team was given two golf carts and they are usually parked in front of the villas where the players are staying.
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Why would they give them carts. Do they even have time to play golf. One would think they should be working on learning to play as a team:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom