Players tattoos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Players tattoos

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Didn't some Ohio State guys get busted by the NCAA a few years back? Getting free tattoos, or trading tickets or something for tattoos?
Well that was different because they were swapping merchandise, jerseys, autographs, champ rings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we are constantly hearing players need to be paid, these poor guys can't afford a pizza at night etc. I have been a tattooist 43 years and am pretty well known in the tattoo world. I know what tattoos cost. I see these guys covered in ink, some of them with like 2-3 thousand dollars worth of tattoos. Where do they get the money for this?
Is there a way to remove a tattoo? Asking for a friend...
rick-pitino-louisville-national-championship-tattoo.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't some Ohio State guys get busted by the NCAA a few years back? Getting free tattoos, or trading tickets or something for tattoos?

Yeah, but I think that was part of a larger deal where they were selling memorabilia and doing all this as part of a group.

Reaction Score
I guess other people have more nuanced theories, but my simple answer was that people prioritize different things. I'm not sure "there aren't that many poor NBA players anymore" is the answer, nor am I convinced that a lot of them don't already have tattoos coming into school.

Of course, the word poor has a different meaning depending on who you ask. I don't think anyone is under the impression that these guys are homeless or hungry (though some are) and if you look at a guy like Shabazz I'd say it's easy to misconstrue his point. However you define poor or however many boneyarders grew up in the real world where there were consequences to mishandling money, the point is that it's OK to make life easier on college athletes who generate billions of dollars.

Edit: not trying to come off as antagonistic since the OP poses a legitimate question. I just see how it would be easy to draw the wrong conclusions from this premise.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know of a guy who made a little resivoir around a tattoo with silly putty, filled it with lighter fluid and set it on fire. It didn't work.

That sounds like a classic "I'm stoned" removal method. If you are going the flame method, you can't half ass it.

x15-flamethrower-11-970x647.jpg

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
we are constantly hearing players need to be paid, these poor guys can't afford a pizza at night etc. I have been a tattooist 43 years and am pretty well known in the tattoo world. I know what tattoos cost. I see these guys covered in ink, some of them with like 2-3 thousand dollars worth of tattoos. Where do they get the money for this?

They find it in paper bags.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

This will shock you.

Not every basketball player is completely destitute and unable to find $2,000 in discretionary funds over the course of several years.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This will shock you.

Not every basketball player is completely destitute and unable to find $2,000 in discretionary funds over the course of several years.
Not to mention many get Pell grants of several thousand per year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have worked with several women in their 40's who are walking examples of poor choices in the tattoo category. They do not age well on anyone.

Reaction Score
Try going to a water park in the NE. >50% of the crowd is seemingly there for the sole reason of a non-beach public place to show off their tattoos. Especially true at the indoor Great Wolf types.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Would that be an ncaa violation?
My question also. Especially if they are for nothing, advertising purposes. Isn't this on the same line where somebody gives a plane ticket to go home for thanksgiving because he cannot afford one? Familiar example?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom