Players Scholarship grid including 2023-2023 season

Reaction Score
Does anyone happen to have the grid of scholarship playees
Including fall 2023 freshman recruits?

sun

Reaction Score
Does anyone happen to have the grid of scholarship playees
Including fall 2023 freshman recruits?
This page has a chart that's only missing El Alfy even though she is listed below the chart.

Here's a list of some UConn recruiting targets for 2024.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No assumptions about Ashley, Paige, or Ice redshirt seasons on here.
1669759255436.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure what the numbers mean??? but just cant stop staring at 2023-24 table.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ice can have another year if she wants it
  • Aubrey can have an additional year due to Medical redshirt + COVID year
  • Paige can have an additional year due to Medical redshirt + COVID year
  • Nika can have an additional year due to COVID
  • Aaliyah can have an additional year due to COVID

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Isn't that info displayed in the lower part of the table?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't see Geno recommending players to use their COVID year (even if it makes the team stronger) since it artificially blocks new players progression. Especially if they have fully developed their basketball skills

Reaction Score
I don't see Geno recommending players to use their COVID year (even if it makes the team stronger) since it artificially blocks new players progression. Especially if they have fully developed their basketball skills
I know he probably wouldn't, but I'd love if Geno convinced Aaliyah, Nika, and Paige to stay through Azzi's senior season so we'd have two full seasons of that core four.

sun

Reaction Score
Each player decides if they want to continue their education by attending a 5th year of college to play NCAA or not.
Then Geno must decide if he wants to accept that player for another year or not.
If he doesn't offer them a scholarship, then the player can chose to enter the transfer portal and play for another school.
Being a 5th year player didn't prevent Dorka or Lou from playing for UConn this year even though their PT could have impact other players on the team.
We won't know what anyone will do until each player decides whether to continue their education or not.
That would seem to be the first & foremost consideration that every player eligible for a 5th year or a red shirt year must make.

I cannot imagine any coach recommending to a student that they shouldn't continue their education.
He may counsel them about their readiness for the WNBA draft & professional basketball, but I doubt that he would ever tell a student to not make use of their covid or red shirt year if they want to continue going to college.

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
In short, if Geno ever recommended that a student not use their covid or red shirt year, then that could be a conflict of interest & unethical for a college coach.
He's not required to offer them a UConn scholarship, but recommending to drop out of school could be construed as him not wanting them to play for a potential opponent.
That would not be the proper thing for any respectable coach like Geno to do.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Y'all - my brain is mush. The table should have shaded Paige and Ice this year for injuries. No idea why I decided to do it for 23-24 but more coffee is needed.
1669814057204.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The way I read @eebmg's comment, if the players are ready for the next level, or they've accomplished everything possible at the collegiate level, perhaps that's the discussion? The next two years will be difficult for a lot of coaches that have players with the 5th covid year. How does one keep a program competitive with an influx of new players, along with players that are possibly in their 5-6th year? One once hand, the team is stacked with super seniors that have an advantage over younger players, however the stacked team may prevent recruits from committing or other players staying. UConn players have said how much they loved the college experience as when you go pro, there's a lot of downtime and not as much camaraderie as now pros have their own lives, etc, however being at college for 5+ years must be taxing, as you'd still have to go to and pass classes.

TN's situation for 2023 isn't exactly the same, but they brought in a bunch of transfers and do not have any signees from the top 100 list. And remember when Geno had the recruiting pattern of a lot then few (1?) player the next year? It's all about balance.

Reaction Score
I seem to recall Geno saying somewhere that seniors get no guarantees (or maybe even the least guarantees) of playing time in part because the program has to develop the newer kids. Not only do they have to compete for minutes in absolute terms, like everyone else, but they also have to compete against program development needs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The way I read @eebmg's comment, if the players are ready for the next level, or they've accomplished everything possible at the collegiate level, perhaps that's the discussion? The next two years will be difficult for a lot of coaches that have players with the 5th covid year. How does one keep a program competitive with an influx of new players, along with players that are possibly in their 5-6th year? One once hand, the team is stacked with super seniors that have an advantage over younger players, however the stacked team may prevent recruits from committing or other players staying. UConn players have said how much they loved the college experience as when you go pro, there's a lot of downtime and not as much camaraderie as now pros have their own lives, etc, however being at college for 5+ years must be taxing, as you'd still have to go to and pass classes.

TN's situation for 2023 isn't exactly the same, but they brought in a bunch of transfers and do not have any signees from the top 100 list. And remember when Geno had the recruiting pattern of a lot then few (1?) player the next year? It's all about balance.
Yes and I tried to say that I thought Geno except under very special circumstances would strongly urge his senior players to graduate and "leave the nest" for the sake of the player as well as for the health of the program integrating recruits in a timely way

Reaction Score
Notice the bottom right column with Paige, Nika and Aaliyah as Super Seniors. If Geno offered them all scholarships, the total would be 13 scholarship players. NCAA rules only permit 15 scholarships per year. So, for 24-25, there would be room for only two freshman scholarship players.

Reaction Score
Notice the bottom right column with Paige, Nika and Aaliyah as Super Seniors. If Geno offered them all scholarships, the total would be 13 scholarship players. NCAA rules only permit 15 scholarships per year. So, for 24-25, there would be room for only two freshman scholarship players.
I believe when NCAA allowed the COVID extra year they also allowed expansion of the roster to accommodate this.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the posts on Covid years and 5th year senior status. I get it.........eebmg was not clearly wrong!

Reaction Score
Doesn't NIL play a part in some players' decision whether to stay in college for an extra year (or two)? [I know this applies to a select few players] With the NIL $ that PB and Azzi are earning, can they turn down a scholarship at some point so that other recruits can be offered scholarships?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom