Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
I cannot understand why everybody is leaving Oregon State. Gonzaga just got a 4 seed in the WCC, and they didn’t start preseason top 10, as the Beavers certainly would have. As far as player impact, they’ll likely have less travel with the new arrangement.

What is the big deal? It’s not like OSU was on ESPN every week before. Pac networks might as well not exist for typical fan.

It can’t just be the conference change.

Reaction Score
I was thinking. What if Scott Rueck is Stanford's next coach? Or who do we think can be their next coach? Because that is going to have huge transfer portal implications
Nope… but having said that I do feel bad for the guy… brought them back from somewhat obscurity to basically your team abandoning you and OSU.

Reaction Score
Good questions.

* Not sure who else recruited Tessa, but she has thrived at Belmont. As you probably know, the Bruins are good. They compete with and even defeat some P5 teams from time to time and made a near-seamless move from the OVC to the MVC. Still, sheer size and athleticism compared to top-tier P5 teams is a problem. Miller moved from power forward to post with Bartley's departure. She handled it well against most MVC posts, but would definitely need to be a forward in a P5 setting.

* Coach Ralph definitely isn't satisfied with one-dimensional players on offense. At one point this season, she said in a post-game press conference that she didn't care if a player can score, it they don't rebound and play defense, the won't play. I felt at the time it was obviously aimed at Pissott, Aga Makurat and Ryanne Allen. To her credit, Piissott, who just did not seem comfortable with the physicality of SEC play, did improve in those areas. They even started posting her up a little bit late in the season with somewhat mixed results. I fully expect that to continue and increase in frequency. She handles the ball well, but she has trouble shaking some of the defenders she faces. I look for a big leap from her next season if she puts in the work, which she seems willing to do.

* I really can't say what Tessa's motivation is for leaving. It could be she knows she has only one more year to play and just wants to experience it in a different place. Also, I don't mean to say she'd never see the floor at a P5 program, just that I don't see her playing nearly the type of role she plays at Belmont. She has a former teammate in Knoxville, so maybe that really is her destination. The Lady Vols need several players, and not all of them will be stars or starters even. They could certainly do worse in terms of a locker room presence. Wake and Clemson could also be interesting. She could wind up signing with an elite program. Bartley did. It just depends on what kind of role she is looking to play.

See, you got me started again. I miss talking basketball instead of the transfer portal, don't you?
Are we surprised by that? She stated the UConn philosophy that she came from so no one should be shocked that she expects a player to be a complete player.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Good questions.

* Not sure who else recruited Tessa, but she has thrived at Belmont. As you probably know, the Bruins are good. They compete with and even defeat some P5 teams from time to time and made a near-seamless move from the OVC to the MVC. Still, sheer size and athleticism compared to top-tier P5 teams is a problem. Miller moved from power forward to post with Bartley's departure. She handled it well against most MVC posts, but would definitely need to be a forward in a P5 setting.

* Coach Ralph definitely isn't satisfied with one-dimensional players on offense. At one point this season, she said in a post-game press conference that she didn't care if a player can score, it they don't rebound and play defense, the won't play. I felt at the time it was obviously aimed at Pissott, Aga Makurat and Ryanne Allen. To her credit, Piissott, who just did not seem comforFlrtable with the physicality of SEC play, did improve in those areas. They even started posting her up a little bit late in the season with somewhat mixed results. I fully expect that to continue and increase in frequency. She handles the ball well, but she has trouble shaking some of the defenders she faces. I look for a big leap from her next season if she puts in the work, which she seems willing to do.

* I really can't say what Tessa's motivation is for leaving. It could be she knows she has only one more year to play and just wants to experience it in a different place. Also, I don't mean to say she'd never see the floor at a P5 program, just that I don't see her playing nearly the type of role she plays at Belmont. She has a former teammate in Knoxville, so maybe that really is her destination. The Lady Vols need several players, and not all of them will be stars or starters even. They could certainly do worse in terms of a locker room presence. Wake and Clemson could also be interesting. She could wind up signing with an elite program. Bartley did. It just depends on what kind of role she is looking to play.

See, you got me started again. I miss talking basketball instead of the transfer portal, don't you?
For sure (that's why I asked! ;) )

When I saw Pissot in high school, she always had the range. However, as is the wont/need of a lot of talented players in high school, you do a little/lot of everything to make sure the team goes. While Pissot was not an ISO queen by any means, she could drive and get her pull-up over smaller/slower high school kids.
Expect her to continually get better, as well.

Reaction Score
Oops...the door is wide open at OSU:

Are you the new Shan? :)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I cannot understand why everybody is leaving Oregon State. Gonzaga just got a 4 seed in the WCC, and they didn’t start preseason top 10, as the Beavers certainly would have. As far as player impact, they’ll likely have less travel with the new arrangement.

What is the big deal? It’s not like OSU was on ESPN every week before. Pac networks might as well not exist for typical fan.

Well, players select a school for different reasons. Perhaps several selected OSU to play about 20 games annually against PAC schools. That is no longer going to happen.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Perhaps it is not, but having to travel hundreds of hours more to various road games across multiple time zones for the majority of the season may not be appealing to student-athletes. They must balance academics and athletics as it is; adding another "a" -- airplane -- might be too much.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it is not, but having to travel hundreds of hours more to various road games across multiple time zones for the majority of the season may not be appealing to student-athletes. They must balance academics and athletics as it is; adding another "a" -- airplane -- might be too much.
But OregonSt will be in the WCC next year. Travel will be less in-conference. Perhaps a bit more non-conference.

Reaction Score
This has been brutal. Raegan Beers and Domonika Paurova are the two gems left at the former OSU WBB Program

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom