Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I could see one of Flau'jae or Mikaylah Williams leaving. Didn't seem like the team had the best chemistry or overall vibe this year.

Reaction Score
Geno is very methodical. He has always announced his transfers on the same day if there were multiple at the end of the season. Ines, Amari and Geno all put out statements on the same day (2 days ago) . Everything is planned out. No one else is transferring.
All due respect to those two, they were “I’ll help you find a place you can play” transfers. Any major contributor (at any school) likely isn’t planning a joint announcement with her coach.

Reaction Score
Even if Westbeld, Watson, Smith return, ND will still have SIX scholarships available. Lots of Portal shopping for the Irish. (+ OreSt, LSU, Baylor)
Didn’t Watson tear her ACL in March? How could she possibly return to play?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
At this point, they should just make the transfer portal public. The noise to signal ratio is getting absurd, and since nothing stays a secret for even a hot minute anymore, I don't know what we're playing at acting like these decisions are intimate and personal. "with that being said..."

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
OK, a poster can't even go to a Broadway musical with his wife and two daughters for one solitary night, only to come home and find out yet another Irish has entered the portal and there is a post that hints that their best frosh may be in the portal.

First, Nat Marshall. She's graduating from Notre Dame this spring and has been as active on-campus as she is with the team. Ever a study in class, she posted just such a message on Instagram.
That said:
- With Maddy Westbeld (probably) coming back, it's safe to assume Maddy would start at forward and Kate Koval at Center. Nat Marshall has gotten a taste of starting and figures she might get more floor time, opportunities and responsibilities somewhere else.

- If, as many Bench posters have mentioned, there is/are a transfer(s) coming in for the forward, that would possibly squeeze some more time.

- ND is now down to 7 players. Let's hope that a few of those forwards will soon be affiliated with the Irish.

- Given that Maddy will be gone next year and no Class of 2025 forward prospects are committed, it would behoove Niele Ivey to have some of these transfers have multiple years of eligibility so the Irish are covered in 2025 for at least another year.

Now, as for the tweet/Instagram post hinting at another ND transfer (Hidalgo): Do you remember a few weeks ago, a similar rumor was running wildfire about Olivia Miles going into the transfer portal? It became so prevalent and bothersome that Ivey -- at Mile's request -- addressed and refuted it: Miles was not going anywhere. And Neile mentioned there would be no problem whatsoever having both of them play together.

Hannah is just going to be a sophomore. Miles, even though she has two years of eligibility, could leave for the draft next year if she so desires, meaning HH could switch back to full-time-only PG after one season of working on- and off-the lead. Good experience with a great player. That said, if she enters the portal....got me. :confused::rolleyes:

At this point, the Irish need at least three portal commitments to get to 10 scholarships in 2024-25. I'm sure Coach Ivey and her recruiting director, Michaela Mabrey, are very busy.

BTW, the play -- Stereophonic -- is in previews and it's a story completely based on the making of "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac. Replete with new musical compositions by the co-founder of Arcade Fire that are well sung. If you're a Mac junkie, try it. :D:cool:

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This is interesting. Top 100 recruit who went to Belmont and was one of the top players in the MVC.
6'2" forward who is good shooter, rebounder, etc. I'm guessing she wants to prove herself on a P5 (or is P4?) stage.
She's from Tennessee? Join new regime at Tennessee? Head over to Va. Tech? Seems to have somewhat similar skill set to Justine Pissot at Vandy, but you never know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom