Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Idk… but vol fans have said she was dismissed
Her dismissal could have been for a variety of reason and this isn't uncommon. Either way, it hasn't worked out at two different SEC programs. Hopefully her next school will be a better fit.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
they come from a rural town in Washington if memory serves correctly
She went to high school in Cashmere, which is so small it's barely there. I think she's actually from Wenatchee though, which is still definitely rural but not nearly as small.

Reaction Score
Colorado has 6 transfers!
Are these players who got no PT and are going for greater opportunity or key players getting out of Dodge?

Reaction Score
To transfer to Stanford as an upperclassmen/grad student, you basically have to be admitted on an even playing field with all academic students. So 1550+ Sat and 4.0 gpa. They have had a few track athletes, but I can't think of any hoopsters that transferred in.

VanLith - I thought Hailey would fit in great there passing to Reece, Morrow, FlauJae and Williams but it just never worked out.

On the other hand, Mulkey and the team always had her back and she never lost starters minutes, so I thought there was still a chance that she would return for year 2.

The irony of course is that while Hailey Van Lith did not grow into the point, FlauJae became a true star over course of the season.

For next year they now have FJ, Williams and Poa back at guard with Morrow and Del Rosario at forward + recruits. They will be contenders again.
That's a much worse team but perhaps the portal will deliver.

Reaction Score
She's not a quitter but LSU did not fail her either. She made her choice with her eyes wide open. It was a poor fit as many thought at the time. From day one she looked like a fish out of water. She knows that now.

Agreed but LSU put her in some bad position. And I’m sure fed her some bs about what kind of point guard they could make her. I watched a game where she was wide open siding jumping jacks for the ball. The team ignored her.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Not at all a quitter. She played a full season, gave it her best effort and decided it wasn't the right fit for her final year.
One other point that was lost in the shuffle on Hailey Van Lith was that she graduated from Lville prior to transfer with degree in accounting.

Sure she could have still stayed, but I get less irritated with grad transfers. (Although now she may be getting a 2nd masters, lol)

Ekmark doing law school with transfer was most impressive.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She did go through Senior Day ceremonies, so not a total shock to most.

Reaction Score
She did go through Senior Day ceremonies, so not a total shock to most.

They did have a lot of quality bigs who played in front of her. Do you think Taylor Jones will be back?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They did have a lot of quality bigs who played in front of her. Do you think Taylor Jones will be back?
Did she get a redshirt for 21-22? She's played in parts of 5 seasons already.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Colorado has 6 transfers!
Are these players who got no PT and are going for greater opportunity or key players getting out of Dodge?
None of the players in the portal were getting minutes. The most comical is Deion’s daughter who was a walkon at JSU (and not getting any time at all) and when her Dad for the job at Colorado in Jan 2023, quit the team to get ready for Colorado. Curious enough, I think the Buffs had 17 players on the roster so the 6 leaving really won’t make a dent. They have two recruits coming in so they still have room for further upgrades in the portal.

@nwhoopfan i thought I heard during the Big12 Tournament that Taylor coming back next year, and I do think one year was cons a medical redshirt year.

Reaction Score
I thought she was done?
Did she get a redshirt for 21-22? She's played in parts of 5 seasons already.
Yeah. I'm not sure. I didn't see her as one of the draft entrants and I just assumed she had that year of eligibility. This article did say that she had an extra year but not sure it's verified.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

She did not go through Senior Day ceremonies. Taylor Jones, DeYona Gaston, and Shay Holle will return for their fifth seasons. Other than Shaylee Gonzales, all other Texas players had remaining eligibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom