Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
There's chatter going around that Dembele is listed as Do Not Contact as well. Will be interesting to see what pans out there.
With Franks finishing her 5th season, Missouri is losing their only two above average players from a team that was 2-14 in conference, and they still haven’t fired the coach. What are you doing?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With Franks finishing her 5th season, Missouri is losing their only two above average players from a team that was 2-14 in conference, and they still haven’t fired the coach. What are you doing?
You need to understand the coach's relationship with the university.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It is almost like the university and the coaches are family.
I have no idea what you are talking about and frankly neither do you. Let’s recap: the old AD Desiree Reed-Francois put Robin Pingeton on notice last year in April stating that the WBB team was falling well short of expectations and that the coach would be given one more year to make the NCAA Tournament or she would be out. Now, in February DRF, as she was called, left for the Arizona AD role. Many have speculated this would given Robin a reprieve but I do not believe that. She has one year left on her contract and if fired now the school owes her ~$233k. The school has an interim AD while the search for a permanent one is occurring. Remember that Football and Men’s Basketball are sports managed by the top AD, other sports like WCBB are managed by Associate ADs so if the prior AD had a mandate in place, I doubt the underling would diverge from that path with an interim AD who was also aware of it. A new coach would probably not be hired until the new AD is in place.

you assertion that this instance is potentially about family is hogwash. Use the google search to go see all the St Louis and other Mizzou articles that talk at length about the failings of Ms. Pingeton and her 14 yrs at the helm.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you are talking about and frankly neither do you. Let’s recap: the old AD Desiree Reed-Francois put Robin Pingeton on notice last year in April stating that the WBB team was falling well short of expectations and that the coach would be given one more year to make the NCAA Tournament or she would be out. Now, in February DRF, as she was called, left for the Arizona AD role. Many have speculated this would given Robin a reprieve but I do not believe that. She has one year left on her contract and if fired now the school owes her ~$233k. The school has an interim AD while the search for a permanent one is occurring. Remember that Football and Men’s Basketball are sports managed by the top AD, other sports like WCBB are managed by Associate ADs so if the prior AD had a mandate in place, I doubt the underling would diverge from that path with an interim AD who was also aware of it. A new coach would probably not be hired until the new AD is in place.

you assertion that this instance is potentially about family is hogwash. Use the google search to go see all the St Louis and other Mizzou articles that talk at length about the failings of Ms. Pingeton and her 14 yrs at the helm.
I live in St. Louis and I know what the news has been saying for years. You don't know what I know so don't tell me neither do I. If you lived here you would know what I mean about family.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@donalddoowop
@JstVisiting
@DefenseBB

i see how discussion about Coach Robin Pingeton of Missouri is an intriguing subject, but this is a thread about transfers. @Vowelguy started a very active, relevant thread on Coaches. Could we move further talk on the Missouri Coaching Situation over to that? After the NCAA selection show on Sunday, I think we're going to need this thread for another round of transfers (those players whose teams don't get into the NCAA's).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
A grad transfer announcement out of The Big West (via Raoul's site).
This past season was, by far, Whitfield's best.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For a high school senior who signed their LOI in November, but since then their future college head coach has been fired, do they have to enter the transfer portal or do they simply ask to be released from their LOI and go back to being an unsigned high school recruit?

Reaction Score
For a high school senior who signed their LOI in November, but since then their future college head coach has been fired, do they have to enter the transfer portal or do they simply ask to be released from their LOI and go back to being an unsigned high school recruit?
Believe they have to ask to be released. Basing this assumption off of what happened with Day-Wilson and Lattimore when the coach at Syracuse had been fired.

In some cases, the new coach may tell players that they aren't going to honour the NLI (not sure if I've phrased that correctly ). Recall that happening at Duke when Coach Lawson took over.

Reaction Score

I believe they just ask to be released from their LOI. It happened with Janiah Barker initially going to Georgia, before following Coach Joni Taylor to TAMU.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A grad transfer announcement out of The Big West (via Raoul's site).
This past season was, by far, Whitfield's best.

I've been wondering about how some of the UW transfers after the coaching change have been doing. Looks like she did well.

Reaction Score
I see lots of coaching staffs like Texas, Virginia Tech, and Ole Miss starting to "follow" Clemson signee Imari Berry on Instagram. Perhaps she has been released from her LOI.
It came down to Tennessee and Clemson for Berry. With rumors of a coaching change in Rocky Top coming soon, I wonder if that will affect her decision as well

Reaction Score
It came down to Tennessee and Clemson for Berry. With rumors of a coaching change in Rocky Top coming soon, I wonder if that will affect her decision as well
How serious are the rumours about Harper?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -

• South Carolina’s Sahnya Jah has entered the transfer portal, a source tells @TheNextHoops. She was suspended in February. Averaged 3.1 ppg.
  • Northwestern’s Alana Goodchild has entered the transfer portal
  • Arkansas’ Jersey Wolfenbarger has entered the transfer portal,
  • Oklahoma State’s Kennedy Fauntleroy has entered the transfer portal
  • UMass’s Kristin Williams has entered the transfer portal
  • Three Providence players have entered the transfer portal, Sabana Kanagasabay, Kammie Ludwig, Bella McLaughlin

Tracker here

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member