Player improvement over the summer- observations. | The Boneyard

Player improvement over the summer- observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could not sleep but being in CT for the holiday I got a chance to talk to my uncle ( long time UCONN fan and someone who went to many of the Pro-am games- here are some observations.

The most improved player - by far over the summer is J Lamb. I said "duh" but he replied that I did not understand. He basically said that pros and all he was the best player on the floor most of the time. The other comment was " completely different player" from last year. More confident Ect- he went on and on.

DD- with the arrival of AD DD has not been getting much love the last few weeks. My uncle thinks he will get major minutes this year. Smooth finishing in the paint and his jumpsuit is already at a D 1 level. The kid might be hard to keep of the floor.

R Smith- has added some lbs in the off season. He was a rebounding machine and was guarding a pro player ( can't remember the name) and did a great job. Seems to have made some good strides so that he can fill in at the 4 as well as be the starting 3. Has also worked on his jumper and some O moves around the basket all which seem to improve.

Boat seems to be the typical incoming high level PG- it was hard to tell what he might be able to do this year from the games he saw- very fast.

Bradley seems like he will be the guy as the back up to AD and AO- he has a good JS and can hit the mid range shot. I think he mentioned an effective little jump hook as well. He was blocking some shots as well.

Wolf seems to be a slow white boy- from what I have been hearing he may find it hard to get minutes this year.

On a side note I think AO is going to be a beast this year- with AD taking some of the beating reserved exclusively for AO last year I can see AO having many 15 PPG games- he will be one of the players who will most benefit from the addition of Andre this year.

Please forgive spelling mistakes and all that- it is way to early to be up. I just was hoping for some banter as I am expecting traveling hell tomm getting back to Atlanta from CT with all the storms. Also my girl also seems to get upgraded without me these days and I always seem to get some huge dude who's girth pours over my armrest and into my seat. I can live with that but when did the good ol USA tradition of a daily shower end- just plain wrong. I got the coolest UCONN coaching jacket from my family and I am going to use it as a barrier if needed on the flight. It is also amazing how quickly and the beach communities are repairing damage from the storm. People ar Stannard beach have kicked ass and the place looks great in just a few days.

Good night.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sounds reasonable, hope Bradley can get some quality minutes and you may be underestimating the Wolf. Have a safe flight.

Reaction Score
I could not sleep but being in CT for the holiday I got a chance to talk to my uncle ( long time UCONN fan and someone who went to many of the Pro-am games- here are some observations.

The most improved player - by far over the summer is J Lamb. I said "duh" but he replied that I did not understand. He basically said that pros and all he was the best player on the floor most of the time. The other comment was " completely different player" from last year. More confident Ect- he went on and on.

DD- with the arrival of AD DD has not been getting much love the last few weeks. My uncle thinks he will get major minutes this year. Smooth finishing in the paint and his jumpsuit is already at a D 1 level. The kid might be hard to keep of the floor.

R Smith- has added some lbs in the off season. He was a rebounding machine and was guarding a pro player ( can't remember the name) and did a great job. Seems to have made some good strides so that he can fill in at the 4 as well as be the starting 3. Has also worked on his jumper and some O moves around the basket all which seem to improve.

Boat seems to be the typical incoming high level PG- it was hard to tell what he might be able to do this year from the games he saw- very fast.

Bradley seems like he will be the guy as the back up to AD and AO- he has a good JS and can hit the mid range shot. I think he mentioned an effective little jump hook as well. He was blocking some shots as well.

Wolf seems to be a slow white boy- from what I have been hearing he may find it hard to get minutes this year.

On a side note I think AO is going to be a beast this year- with AD taking some of the beating reserved exclusively for AO last year I can see AO having many 15 PPG games- he will be one of the players who will most benefit from the addition of Andre this year.

Please forgive spelling mistakes and all that- it is way to early to be up. I just was hoping for some banter as I am expecting traveling hell tomm getting back to Atlanta from CT with all the storms. Also my girl also seems to get upgraded without me these days and I always seem to get some huge dude who's girth pours over my armrest and into my seat. I can live with that but when did the good ol USA tradition of a daily shower end- just plain wrong. I got the coolest UCONN coaching jacket from my family and I am going to use it as a barrier if needed on the flight. It is also amazing how quickly and the beach communities are repairing damage from the storm. People ar Stannard beach have kicked ass and the place looks great in just a few days.

Good night.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks scote - interesting on DD as we have heard very little due to Andre taking center stage. His jump shooting ability makes him a worthy zone breaker as we may see a lot but his size and ability to handle may give him some more minutes than some expect. Michael Bradley getting minutes would just be a great story and I hope he has a chance to do so.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the great update! I look forward to the first MB standing ovation!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's great to hear multiple reports of JL reaching another level in his play. This team has a lot of "stars in the making," but will need a "here-and-now star" while the others grow. It sounds like Jeremy has a chance to be that guy. Interesting that such a quiet kid by nature can build such confidence so quickly.

Thanks, scot, always nice to hear first hand observations, even at second hand.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can here the haters now: "Bradley is only getting minutes because he gave up his ship. Calhoun made a deal that the kid would get minutes if he paid his own way! Cheater!"

>DD- with the arrival of AD DD has not been getting much love the last few weeks. My uncle thinks he will get major minutes this year. Smooth finishing in the paint and his jumpsuit is already at a D 1 level.

Stoked to hear about his "jump suit". I hope it is something like this:

Rick+James+rick.png

couldn't resist a chance to post Rick James...

Reaction Score
all of that sounds great.....but i just cant wait to see DD's jumpsuit. is it legal to wear one during games ???

Reaction Score
That's beautiful intlzncster..............funny stuff!!!:)

Reaction Score
Thanks, strongly agree about Alex, he will be large and in charge this year (not AD, sorry). As captain he'll get AD and Bradley ready for the McGhee's of the league.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good stuff. Thanks scot-e.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
this is going to be a fun and interesting season. altho i think it's impossible to have as great and unexpected a season as we had last year. expectations are much higher and anything short of a final 4 will be a disappointment to many.

still, the team is so young - sure AO is a junior, but we'll likely start 1 junior, 3 sophomores, and 1 freshman. hard not to get super psyched about it.

C

Chief00

Sounds reasonable, hope Bradley can get some quality minutes and you may be underestimating the Wolf. Have a safe flight.
I don't believe he is underestimating Wolf. I agree with his assessment.

Reaction Score
If Rip can pull off a jumpsuit (and wig!), I don't see a reason that J. Lamb shouldn't at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom