Player availability for Xavier | The Boneyard

Player availability for Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any news on tomorrow's game? A quick googling revealed nothing regarding player and coach availability. Wondering if I missed something, or perhaps if anyone more tuned in than me has any info.

The mods seem to have a hair trigger lately, so please keep the discussion in bounds so we can talk about tomorrow's game without getting the thread locked.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, you can still read the locked thread.

My hope is that at least some UConn reporter read or saw the tweet (and we know several UConn reporters have been known to lurk on the BY) and reached out to UConn for a statement of some sort.

Granted UConn is hardly alone in MBB, WBB, college football, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc facing a potential COVID outbreak but still you think you'd like to be able to confirm or get a solid denial and break the story.

Overall, my disappointment yesterday was absolute silence on confirming or denying the initial tweet.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if the initial reports that were tweeted were mistakenly based on the news about the women's team and the postponement of their game.
Feels like this may be true. The only thing I can think of otherwise is that the entire team and staff is now testing and waiting for those results to come back instead of announcing cases one by one.

Reaction Score
Feels like this may be true. The only thing I can think of otherwise is that the entire team and staff is now testing and waiting for those results to come back instead of announcing cases one by one.
There weird part is on the women's side the issue is not at all with them

Reaction Score
Just some anecdotal info, but in my world of friends and family, there's a great deal of confusion over recent tests, symptoms, & infectiousness. We're getting positives, negatives, symptoms, asymptomatic, the same people testing over and over, can't figure anything out. Basically, we know or don't know who has what & when. It's all mild but confusion reigns. Can't imagine how they're figuring this out with a basketball team. Must be crazy.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if the initial reports that were tweeted were mistakenly based on the news about the women's team and the postponement of their game.
Not sure what's going on exactly, but I don't think this is true. Some follow up tweets unequivocally asserted that issues were in our program. Again, I have no idea what's true but I don't think this is what happened.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure what's going on exactly, but I don't think this is true. Some follow up tweets unequivocally asserted that issues were in our program. Again, I have no idea what's true but I don't think this is what happened.
Yeah, I have no idea. I was just spitballing because it's so strange that there was that ominous tweet yesterday morning and then nothing since, but the women's game stuff was announced in the meantime.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s possible that they have a few positives but can still play per Big East policy as long as they have 7 players and 1 coach ready for tomorrow. So it might just be too early to say.
There might just not be any news to break yet that impacts the ability for the game to happen.

But yeah if they get on the plane today, then it’s probably all systems go.

Reaction Score
None of the beat reporters have said a thing yet. They have not even said something that says they are trying to verify the report (even though it would not be unusual for Borges to tweet something like that). Also, it would be easy for Uconn to deny the truth of the report, and they have not. The situation is probably unclear. Anyone at the car wash near the airport?

Reaction Score
None of the beat reporters have said a thing yet. They have not even said something that says they are trying to verify the report (even though it would not be unusual for Borges to tweet something like that). Also, it would be easy for Uconn to deny the truth of the report, and they have not. The situation is probably unclear. Anyone at the car wash near the airport?

Reaction Score
May be waiting for confirmation testing. Not going to postpone a game off 1 round of tests. But someone certainly could have spilled some beans based on one.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I’ll be there in 20 min. Standby.

Reaction Score
Well, you can still read the locked thread.

My hope is that at least some UConn reporter read or saw the tweet (and we know several UConn reporters have been known to lurk on the BY) and reached out to UConn for a statement of some sort.

Granted UConn is hardly alone in MBB, WBB, college football, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc facing a potential COVID outbreak but still you think you'd like to be able to confirm or get a solid denial and break the story.

Overall, my disappointment yesterday was absolute silence on confirming or denying the initial tweet.
But why should there be a confirmation or denial from UConn? It's a random tweet from an account not affiliated with UConn. If I tweeted or posted some nonsense here I wouldn't expect UConn to change anything up and release a statement immediately

Reaction Score
If our roster is going to be a train wreck this week please at least let us see Diggins and Johnson play a whole game

Reaction Score
It’s possible that they have a few positives but can still play per Big East policy as long as they have 7 players and 1 coach ready for tomorrow. So it might just be too early to say.
There might just not be any news to break yet that impacts the ability for the game to happen.

But yeah if they get on the plane today, then it’s probably all systems go.
Anyone tracking the air plane or know a pilot, steward or stewardess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom