Player availability for Xavier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player availability for Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I just talked to the Xavier athletic department and they told me that they are waiting on UConn. I asked about a cutoff time to let fans know and they said that they want to know something by noon or hopefully sooner.

Reaction Score
I just talked to the Xavier athletic department and they told me that they are waiting on UConn. I asked about a cutoff time to let fans know and they said that they want to know something by noon or hopefully sooner.
Sounds like Uconn might we waiting for another round of test results?

Reaction Score
I am not 100% sure on the big east Covid policy now and how many active players we need... BUT lets say we did have Covid issues.... might not be the worst thing for a reschedule.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just some anecdotal info, but in my world of friends and family, there's a great deal of confusion over recent tests, symptoms, & infectiousness. We're getting positives, negatives, symptoms, asymptomatic, the same people testing over and over, can't figure anything out. Basically, we know or don't know who has what & when. It's all mild but confusion reigns. Can't imagine how they're figuring this out with a basketball team. Must be crazy.
My son‘s family is going through it. It seems that the home tests are reasonably accurate. The problem is a negative day one doesn’t exclude a positive on day two. The organized sports teams I’m sure are getting supervised testing.

Reaction Score
But why should there be a confirmation or denial from UConn? It's a random tweet from an account not affiliated with UConn. If I tweeted or posted some nonsense here I wouldn't expect UConn to change anything up and release a statement immediately

Exactly. An institution responding to what are basically anonymous and unsourced statements just give those types of statements credence if it responds to them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

worth noting that UConnReport posted the original (still-as-of-yet-unsubstantiated) tweets

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
My son‘s family is going through it. It seems that the home tests are reasonably accurate. The problem is a negative day one doesn’t exclude a positive on day two. The organized sports teams I’m sure are getting supervised testing.
The problem for us has been that most of us got a "cold" at the same time, a couple tested + after 4 days, while the other 2 who got the "cold" never have even after 5 days. And if this thing is so infectious, and we really do have it, why are there still others in the household who have no symptoms and also test negative? I think the differential is probably just different levels of viral load, but at the end of the day, it's very confusing. I checked with friends who have reported and they don't know what to make of it either.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The problem for us has been that most of us got a "cold" at the same time, a couple tested + after 4 days, while the other 2 who got the "cold" never have even after 5 days. And if this thing is so infectious, and we really do have it, why are there still others in the household who have no symptoms and also test negative? I think the differential is probably just different levels of viral load, but at the end of the day, it's very confusing. I checked with friends who have reported and they don't know what to make of it either.
My son, his wife and his 13 and 6 year olds all have it and tested neg at first than positive on home test and went to a walk in for a confirming test. They all have cold like symptoms. All fully vaccinated. His 11 year old has cold symptoms but continues to test negative. They live in Westchester County. Another grandchild who is 15 and lives near Syracuse has it, no one else so far in his household. It first showed a few days after he ran in an indoor hs track meet.

All of the above fully vaccinated and adults with boosters.

Reaction Score
My son, his wife and his 13 and 6 year olds all have it and tested neg at first than positive on home test and went to a walk in for a confirming test. They all have cold like symptoms. All fully vaccinated. His 11 year old has cold symptoms but continues to test negative. They live in Westchester County. Another grandchild who is 15 and lives near Syracuse has it, no one else so far in his household. It first showed a few days after he ran in an indoor hs track meet.

All of the above fully vaccinated and adults with boosters.
Sounds familiar.

Reaction Score
BTW, I know this is perhaps not the place for it, but since it is good news, I thought I'd report here that virologists in South Africa have results showing that Omicron is pushing out Delta. Getting omicron gives you neutralizing immunity against delta especially for the vaxxed. This may be interpreted to mean that getting omicron is good for you since it's mild and prevents delta. But that's not really the point. The point is that with omicron being so widespread, delta will wither away and that even the people who don't get omicron will eventually not be susceptible to delta (especially those vaxxed and boosted against delta already).

This is really good news for all of us and only the appearance of a deadlier variant than omicron will undercut it.

Reaction Score
BTW, I know this is perhaps not the place for it, but since it is good news, I thought I'd report here that virologists in South Africa have results showing that Omicron is pushing out Delta. Getting omicron gives you neutralizing immunity against delta especially for the vaxxed. This may be interpreted to mean that getting omicron is good for you since it's mild and prevents delta. But that's not really the point. The point is that with omicron being so widespread, delta will wither away and that even the people who don't get omicron will eventually not be susceptible to delta (especially those vaxxed and boosted against delta already).

This is really good news for all of us and only the appearance of a deadlier variant than omicron will undercut it.
Science's way of getting rid of the virus? Science does work in strange ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom