Play the new tourney in Germany | The Boneyard

Play the new tourney in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Or on American soil for the soldiers. Kinda like the MichSt game. While we're stuck in limbo, make the best of it. Can we play on the moon?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or on American soil for the soldiers. Kinda like the MichSt game. While we're stuck in limbo, make the best of it. Can we play on the moon?
Well no one else bit on this Gem, but I was kind of thinking about this myself. From PR stand point it is a great idea but I don't think it works otherwise.
1. You lose the gate receipts. For one game, that's not a deal killer, but for a whole tournament?
2. Early in the season, this a ratings grabber but if the other major conferences are playing tourneys, there may be less demand.
It's a good idea, but those two limitations (plus travel costs etc.) may kill it.

Reaction Score
Once the dust settles the new group needs to plan an event like on a Saturday in one place. A doubleheader or something in November in Tampa. Maybe the Trop to remind everyone where we became legend. UCONN plays Memphis. Cincy plays Temple. Something like that to get the ball rolling. Until we are out... We are in this mess. Make the best of it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I say we go full gimmick on our tournament.

Play it as a flash mob.

You're walking through the food court at the Mall of American and BLAM! You walk right into the first round game of the New We're All Conference Tournament.

Where is the second game? We're not telling - BLAM! The penguin show at Sea World is interrupted by a fast break!

And we just keep doing s*** like that until we have a winner or every team has been arrested for trespassing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I say we go full gimmick on our tournament.

Play it as a flash mob.

You're walking through the food court at the Mall of American and BLAM! You walk right into the first round game of the New We're All Conference Tournament.

Where is the second game? We're not telling - BLAM! The penguin show at Sea World is interrupted by a fast break!

And we just keep doing s*** like that until we have a winner or every team has been arrested for trespassing.
See now that's the kind of thinking we need in a conference commissioner. No TV contract? No problem? We'll go to where there are TV cameras and just have our game there. Sure the cast of Good Morning America might be a bit surprised at first, but I'm sure they'll get into the spirit of things by the first TV time out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
See now that's the kind of thinking we need in a conference commissioner. No TV contract? No problem? We'll go to where there are TV cameras and just have our game there. Sure the cast of Good Morning America might be a bit surprised at first, but I'm sure they'll get into the spirit of things by the first TV time out.

Think of the buzz we'll get when...BLAM! UConn throws out its full court press during the Macy's Day Parade.

We can't afford to hire Al Roker to do play by play, but he'll have no choice that day.

The New York Giants call a time out during a Monday Night Football and BLAM! Tulane and Cincinnati rush out to try the game winning field goal that was interrupted when they were forcibly removed from the Rose Bowl three weeks earlier.

The Obamas and the press corps look on as thousands of little children hunt for Easter Eggs on the White House lawn... BLAM! The New We're Conference scrambles out of the bushes and kicks off their championship game.

We got this.

Reaction Score
I like Ollie's idea....

“As long as I don’t lose Connecticut on my jersey, I’m fine,” he said. “We can play [the league tournament] in the backyard. I’m fine. I’ve got UConn nation behind me, I’m fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom