Play of the Game - UConn vs Xavier | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs Xavier

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That would be Aaliyah E. Kelce, I assume?

On the play shown, I thought that Christyn's acrobatic reception and shot was as noteworthy as the touchdown pass.
Yes, Aaliyah E. Kelce, a.k.a. Thor, a.k.a. Moses Malone.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
On the game thread I noted (now nominate) Olivia's drive to the rim in the first quarter...
The football passes we expect...perhaps not quite as brilliant as the two completions today.
But that 80-ton locomotive lumbering to the basket will put fear in our opponent's hearts.

Reaction Score
Taking nothing away from Paige...

But I swear we must’ve seen Lou and Gabby make that pass a dozen times a season. Kia feasted on the fast break outlet.

Reaction Score
The pass and the reception has it for this one. It is not easy though with a team that makes so many really good plays.
A couple of honorable mentions allowed?
CW splitting two defenders going to the hoop, she is so good with her down low moves I wish she would do it more.
CW again running the floor but getting a pass a step too deep, under the board and still managed to get it up and in.

Tip of the cap honorable mention to the smaller guard from Nova early in the 3rd. UConn D has their shot clock winding down she took a stumbling one handed (left) shot and banked it in at the buzzer!

Most satisfying / relieving play of the day. Paige coming back in the game after twisting her ankle and in seconds draining a three. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This beaut.

Over and over and over.

This play gets my vote. Nice over the shoulder grab and score by Christyn. Paige could not have given her that pass any better if she had run down court and tossed it to her. Like the quarterback does in football, she threw it only where HER teammate could catch it. Christyn had to lunge for it at the last minute. A great play on BOTH ends.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t know. The Fox app refused to cooperate
We had the same problem. Don’t know much about this but cleared the history on my IPad and turned it off.After a couple of tries we got in
Have no idea if cause and effect or just luck

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Taking nothing away from Paige...

But I swear we must’ve seen Lou and Gabby make that pass a dozen times a season. Kia feasted on the fast break outlet.
A three quarter court chest pass a dozen times a season? I don’t remember any of that length that accurate.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
A three quarter court chest pass a dozen times a season? I don’t remember any of that length that accurate.
The passes to Kia from Lou or Gabby or Crystal or Moriah may have been just as long, but I don't recall that they were as accurate. Paige is quite prepared to throw passes into coverage, and "thread the needle" as the NFL announcers say. She also counts on her receivers to "make a play", as Christyn did today. I don't recall any passes in the Stewie era that were similar to that.

Reaction Score
The passes to Kia from Lou or Gabby or Crystal or Moriah may have been just as long, but I don't recall that they were as accurate. Paige is quite prepared to throw passes into coverage, and "thread the needle" as the NFL announcers say. She also counts on her receivers to "make a play", as Christyn did today. I don't recall any passes in the Stewie era that were similar to that.
You're right, but they didn't need to be. Nurse was usually all alone on a sneakaway.

AgStatesman

The Boards Most Rational Poster
Reaction Score
I've never seen college basketball players when catching the ball like a wide receiver having to worry about thumbs together or pinky's together until Paige came along slinging it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom