Play of the Game - UConn vs St Johns | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs St Johns

Reaction Score
For me it would have been the behind-the-back pass from Paige to AE.
However, there will be a lot of made shots from these superb Paige passes in the upcoming games!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For me it would have been the behind-the-back pass from Paige to I think it was CW? My senior memory now has forgotten! Ha, anyways that would have been my play of the game. Lots of missed shots that P would have had 5 plus more assists! If I have CW wrong, please refresh my senior memory! You won’t hurt my feelings!!
I think one of the FS1 announcers said that when talking to Geno, he relayed a story that he told the refs to take Paige out if she makes another pass like that. Not sure what game this was in reference to

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
OK, I'm going with Nika's defensive play on #22 at 1:28 of the 1st.. Nika was inside 22's shirt for several seconds and the kid was so frustrated that she shoved Nika away with 2 hands. The play was emblematic of Nika's game right up to the injury and followed 2 on-ball steals and lots of in-your-face defense.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A near winner:

Just before the half--Evina with a baseball pass to Liv, who gives it off to Paige for 1 dibble and a 35-footer. Back-rimmed it, but it will drop next time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ah, my clear winner, upon reflection:

In the 3rd Q, Paige gets a pass as Correa runs into her. Paige seems to be expecting a call, but gets none. She decides to take matters into her own hands and drives left, putting up a running, fall away, left-handed hook off the glass. Swish! That was a next-level shot!

Reaction Score

In the 3rd Q, Paige gets a pass as Correa runs into her. Paige seems to be expecting a call, but gets none. She decides to take matters into her own hands and drives left, putting up a running, fall away, left-handed hook off the glass. Swish! That was a next-level shot!
Agreed... shook my head on that one. She is an artist.

Reaction Score
When UConn scored and ST John’s passed ball back in and EW grabbed it and scored again.
That was the weird play of the game..
Reaction GIF by moodman

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
At about the 7:42 mark of the 1st quarter, Nika and Paige double up on Farley with Nika getting the steal and headed to the basket. Farley just stopped and stood there while everyone else went to the other end of the court. I think that was the defining moment for the rest of #4's game, culminated later with her throw down on Mir - which IMO she should have been ejected.

Reaction Score

That play is so advanced, to make that left handed hook shot took a lot of work to do that shot. Evans does it well. It was magic for me.

psconn

Reaction Score
Got another... About :47 left in the 1st... Correa shakes Nika and blows by Aaliyah, Liv rotates to the driving Correa and SAH-WATT... Liv recovers the ball in the air and starts the break.

psconn

Reaction Score
How about 1:46 in the 2nd... E misses the outside shot, but Liv swims through the box out and snags the rebound, drops the bounce pass to E in the middle of the paint, E flip[s it to Aaliyah on the left block for the open one step layup... NOICE!

Reaction Score

In the 3rd Q, Paige gets a pass as Correa runs into her. Paige seems to be expecting a call, but gets none. She decides to take matters into her own hands and drives left, putting up a running, fall away, left-handed hook off the glass. Swish! That was a next-level shot
Impressive for this beautiful shot. She rarely makes a shot with her left hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom