Play of the Game - UConn vs Creighton | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs Creighton

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes. Not too many highlight plays. I think the Aaliyah plow though layup + 1 and a few nice pick and rolls with Paige and Liv as well as the clean picks by Nika

Reaction Score
I would agree with the Aaliyah play in the first half. She had just twisted her ankle and was struggling to walk. Olivia had gotten up to come in for her, when Aaliyah took the ball hard to the basket and picked up a foul shot. I felt like, "Well, I guess she's OK."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I liked Aubrey's drive at the end of the game: "In case you guys were wondering, yes, I can still take anyone off the dribble!"

Reaction Score
I like what Nan has implemented with this as it exposes how we all see the game a little differently.

I have a tie tonight, first early in the game Paige caught a long errant over the head pass from Nika in transition. Not something the average player could do, would have gone out of bounds off the hand of most.
She reaching for it with one hand takes it in like a high speed Venus fly trap, flips to her other hand to make the layup almost fading behind the backboard.
My tie has Nika taking a cross court pass from PB in such beautiful stride along defender and never thinking about putting the ball on the floor. We are witnessing the women's game going to the next level.

Honorable mention Griffins all around play, that first get that crap out of here block set her tone.
CW going to the hoop and posting up down low tonight. Could also add AE dribble drive to the hoop between defenders. Oh my where does it end. :D

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yes. Not too many highlight plays. I think the Aaliyah plow though layup + 1 and a few nice pick and rolls with Paige and Liv as well as the clean picks by Nika
I would agree with the Aaliyah play in the first half. She had just twisted her ankle and was struggling to walk. Olivia had gotten up to come in for her, when Aaliyah took the ball hard to the basket and picked up a foul shot. I felt like, "Well, I guess she's OK."

We've had a grand total of one of these beauts in the last two games.
One by Liv and now one by Aaliyah.

If we can get it up to two or three (dare I hope for more)
We are a formidable option for the Natty
In my view, it works equally well when the D sloughs off or plays too tight.
No East/West...all North/South...rumble in and make them try to stop you.

i've been asking for this play for at least a decade
Kiah never did did it once.
Stewie loved it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So many to choose from. I liked Nika slashing through the lane and finishing with the bounce pass to Liv. Honestly though this was like being at a banquet.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Woof 101, I was going to post the same play with Paige snaring that pass with one hand. So two votes for that play. We have a winner!
I have no idea how Paige caught that. I was thinking the old Lester Hayes Stickum Era had come back. It highlighted the skills of two of our amazing freshmen.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am thinking of multiple plays and basically it's the first 6 minutes of the game that starred Nika.
I am watching the replay now and she just came out, guns ablazin (rhetorical guns) and set the tone for the rest of the game. The outcome was decided by her in those first minutes of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom