"Play for Kevin, be taught by Geno" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Play for Kevin, be taught by Geno"

Reaction Score
If you aren't installing Edsall as MBB head coach, you're doing it wrong.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
UConn has perhaps the best basketball coach in history, and a men's coach who needs coaching on how to coach (and how to recruit high IQ players)

Make Geno overall head coach, all basketball teams.
Make KO associate head coach, mens' team.

Geno teaches, KO implements.
Recruiting, keep KO who the players apparently like, and add in the best teacher in the history of the game. "Play for Kevin, be taught by Geno"
Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just when you think the boneyard can't get any dumber, it goes and does something like this...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn has perhaps the best basketball coach in history, and a men's coach who needs coaching on how to coach (and how to recruit high IQ players)

Recruiting, keep KO who the players apparently like, and add in the best teacher in the history of the game. "Play for Kevin, be taught by Geno"
The funny thing is Tierney Lawlor is proof that you need players to get success. Geno needed that first recruit, Rebecca Lobo, to move the needle and that didn't happen immediately. Geno was never hampered by the APR to start his career. But jump into the fray because it certainly is better to create an ott thread and laugh at things than the way most of the threads have been lately.

Reaction Score
P_wsSw.gif

tumblr_m6i8gcyLgb1qcwoano1_500.gif

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Now you've done it. You broke my fletching pace maker.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
You guys complain the KO's players don't get better. I offer a solution, learn from the best teacher ever. Geno's players always get better, just look at the growth of Collier and Williams this year.

I bet Geno could even teach men how to pass the ball. The women had 31 assists last night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The funny thing is Tierney Lawlor is proof that you need players to get success. Geno needed that first recruit, Rebecca Lobo, to move the needle and that didn't happen immediately. Geno was never hampered by the APR to start his career.
The needle had already moved before Lobo got there. And since almost all of his players graduate, I doubt APR would have hampered him if had existed back then.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The needle had already moved before Lobo got there. And since almost all of his players graduate, I doubt APR would have hampered him if had existed back then.
Yeah it did. Got to a final four before her.
And yes to Geno graduating players. Still stands the APR was not KO's doing and it hampered recruiting.

C

Chief00

This is way too far inside the box. You don't address so many other areas where improvement can be made. In addition to Geno head coach of all basketball teams, you need to hire Jim Calhoun as a special consultant for basketball affairs, bring back Clyde to teach the bigs, hire Ray to teach shooting and finally you need to convince Arnie to be the S&C coach.

Now that's a recipe for success!

I see Stairmaster came around on Clyde with his like. Good to see.

Reaction Score
You guys complain the KO's players don't get better. I offer a solution, learn from the best teacher ever. Geno's players always get better, just look at the growth of Collier and Williams this year.

I bet Geno could even teach men how to pass the ball. The women had 31 assists last night.

Please stop you know ZERO about basketball even to be talking this nonsense. Ridiculous! Head bang

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Do you want the men playing with inferior athletes? That is how injuries happen. Right Chief?

Quite frankly, it's a tough message to deliver to the casual rah rah fan, who thinks he should be out there running with the best. But, yeah you get in the way and play at a different pace and will resort to pushing and grabbing when your talent won't get the job done.
Another illustration is it's like driving 35 mph on I-91. That affects traffic flow and can cause accidents. Now take a stiff drink and accept that you have talents in other areas.

C

Chief00

Have co-ed mixed practices and scrimmages and combine the forums here and you'll get Chief and Deepster both on board.
Chief00 not going with the co-ed practice for the UConn MBB. There's enough of distractions as it is.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This is by far the dumbest thing that's ever been posted here, and I frequent the realignment board.

maybe so, but it has some merits :cool:

Reaction Score
Literally insulting to both coaches and teams.

Ollie had had a tough season, but the losing isn't his fault, and his teams don't quit...which Says something. Likewise, when he had a team capable of winning, it won. He doesn't need to be second fiddle.

And the women's team is not a part time gig. Despite what it looks like...what they do is not easy.

Should Ollie ask Geno for advice if needed? Obviously. Ollie should use any resource he has, and my understanding is Geno loves him..so why wouldn't he? But this idea...as I said..it's just insulting to everyone.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This is a good idea. However, Brad Steven's is only an hour and half from campus, perhaps he could duel coach for us and the Celtics? Travel logistics might be an issue but I'm sure we could work it out.

God, I love the boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom