Planet Earth 2 | The Boneyard

Planet Earth 2

Reaction Score
Pretty damn good show. I've seen footage from that show recycled many times.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My lord, the photography in that trailer...

I hope they do not make the same mistake they did on the first version - when they brought it to American television, they replaced David Attenborough with Sigourney Weaver. Nothing against Weaver, but that's like sidelining Vin Scully because Tim McCarver is available.

Reaction Score

I hope they do not make the same mistake they did on the first version - when they brought it to American television, they replaced David Attenborough with Sigourney Weaver. Nothing against Weaver, but that's like sidelining Vin Scully because Tim McCarver is available.

Yeah I thought the same thing at the time.

Reaction Score

Was so bummed that they had Opera narrate "Life"

Reaction Score
Some incredible imagery and sequences captured in the first episode that aired last night. Pretty special stuff. Glad this is back. Hopefully it won't take another 10+ years for the third one. David Attenborough is great. "Mountains" next week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I read that it takes them over five years to make the series.

Attenborough is 90 years old, so they are considering pushing to get another one made.

I watched last night - I'd buy a 4K set just to see this on it.

Reaction Score

Attenborough is 90 years old, so they are considering pushing to get another one made.

I have a 4K set, it looked great. Now if only someone would natively broadcast at that quality. I've read DirecTV has had it in the works for a while now, still waiting. Netflix's shows do look pretty awesome however.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I have a 4K set, it looked great. Now if only someone would natively broadcast at that quality. I've read DirecTV has had it in the works for a while now, still waiting. Netflix's shows do look pretty awesome however.

Both DirectTV and Dish have this in 4k now. I haven't upgraded (yet), but i hear it is stunningly good.

Reaction Score
Both DirectTV and Dish have this in 4k now. I haven't upgraded (yet), but i hear it is stunningly good.
So they do, yes, I gotta get on that. Another 7 bucks to my ever climbing cable bill. Nerts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Who's carrying the handheld cameras in a freaking place that's loaded with mother fracking snakes?

171212__snakes_l.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The work the camera people do is mindboggling. Imagine having to climb up a mountain, hunker down behind a rock, endure a blizzard and not go to the bathroom for 11 hours in hopes of filming a snow leopard. And failing.

Repeat until you get the snow leopard.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

I think I read where the first one took almost 10 years of filming- its really incredible. they have to position cameras in the wild and just leave them since the risk of human interference having an impact on the natural movements and actions of the animals has to be considered. Can take them years to get the right angle on a shot. This is my favorite series on television bar none. Everything from the product to the production is grade A. Can't wait for next week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Both the first and second installments took five years to film. They hope to start another one soon.

In the interim, BBCAmerica will be showing Blue Planet II later this year.

A note about BBCAmerica - as stated about, they're now streaming episode one. Even better, no log-in required.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watching the first season of Planet Earth. The pack of lions attacking an elephant was insane. I would have to be scalitoing hungry to take on an elephant, even if I was a pack of lions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom