"Plan B" ? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

"Plan B" ?

"If the UConn is jilted by the Big 12, should they leave the AAC, rejoin the Big East?

• yes

Votes: 88 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 110 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they leave the AAC to join the big East for an additional 2 million a year in revenue at the expense of football I'd give up on buying season tickets for fb.

That would probably be offset by me buying season tickets for men's basketball team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That would probably be offset by me buying season tickets for men's basketball team.

Ticket sales for men's basketball would plummet. The overlap with the football fanbase would guarantee that.

If they dump the football program to move to the Big East in some crazy scheme to 'save' basketball - just shut down everything but hockey and women's basketball because the party is over.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dibbie is such an obvious troll. My gues is that he is one of the seven BC fans but there is the outside chance that he's a PC jerk.

Nope...sorry you're upset that I'm not falling in line. Would prefer to watch Georgetown or Nova come to the XL on a Tuesday, over Tulane or ECU, and our attendance trends support that stance.

Reaction Score
Nope...sorry you're upset that I'm not falling in line. Would prefer to watch Georgetown or Nova come to the XL on a Tuesday, over Tulane or ECU, and our attendance trends support that stance.
Well to quote @businesslawyer , bully for you.

I don't go to bball games anymore because I have kids, but if I do decide to go back at some point, I can assure you the difference won't be that I'd rather watch them play DePaul and Butler over Cincinnati and Memphis.

The AAC, is the best alternative for football outside the P5. I think the money there will match the Big East money shortly, by like the next contract. Right now the 2 million a year really isn't saving or sinking the AD anyway.

Reaction Score
Well to quote @businesslawyer , bully for you.

I don't go to bball games anymore because I have kids, but if I do decide to go back at some point, I can assure you the difference won't be that I'd rather watch them play DePaul and Butler over Cincinnati and Memphis.

The AAC, is the best alternative for football outside the P5. I think the money there will match the Big East money shortly, by like the next contract. Right now the 2 million a year really isn't saving or sinking the AD anyway.

Agree (and the kids part too). Keep in mind, the OP is if UConn were to get jilted and excluded by BXII expansion. The AAC staying in tact is the best case scenario, after UConn getting the invite. If expansion happens and UConn is left out, there will be no AAC, thus the Big East is the "Plan B"...well Plan C...

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the B10 and ACC television contracts expire?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Agree (and the kids part too). Keep in mind, the OP is if UConn were to get jilted and excluded by BXII expansion. The AAC staying in tact is the best case scenario, after UConn getting the invite. If expansion happens and UConn is left out, there will be no AAC, thus the Big East is the "Plan B"...well Plan C...

The AAC will likely remain even if they lose 3 members. They will just add one school to get to 8 rather than reach for three to get to 10. UMass gets our seat if we leave, pick one of Army, Old Dominion, Buffalo, etc if we stay. Yeah it would be nice to land a MW school, but none will be leaving if its to back fill for an expanded B12.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If UConn goes back into the Big East and Football falls into the MAC, C-USA, Mtn. West or Sun Belt I'm offcially giving up on all Univeristy of Connecticut athletics. "Small time thinking for a small time state"- that's what the rest of the nation will be thinking... You can't really think that Benedict, Gotz and Herbst want this to happen, right? The reason Herbst brought in Benedict and Gotz who have ACC and B1G expirence is because UConn wants into a P5 conference. Even if we don't get into whatever mess of the Big XII is going to turn into- they'd be foolish and going backwards to get back into the Big Least (which sorry but it is now- minus 'Nova) and essentially abandon the Football program at a big-boy FBS level. Stay in the American and stay the course until another round of CR happens. We all know the ACC or B1G will take us next time around. We need to keep winning, recruiting as solid talent as we can, and getting fans to show up to The Rent Saturdays in the fall to make it happen.

Reaction Score
I truly believe the UConn to the Big East thing is a move by the university to better position themselves with future contract negotiations. I wrote an article on the matter here that convinced me through the process of writing it that I just don't see it happening, at least not now.

storrs-south.nyc

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Dibbie is The Good Doctor using his work computer or the library computer since he was banned on his home computer.

Reaction Score
Dibbie is The Good Doctor using his work computer or the library computer since he was banned on his home computer.

I admit it, I had to look that one up through my ISP search engine...

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
If UConn goes back into the Big East and Football falls into the MAC, C-USA, Mtn. West or Sun Belt I'm offcially giving up on all Univeristy of Connecticut athletics. "Small time thinking for a small time state"- that's what the rest of the nation will be thinking... You can't really think that Benedict, Gotz and Herbst want this to happen, right? The reason Herbst brought in Benedict and Gotz who have ACC and B1G expirence is because UConn wants into a P5 conference. Even if we don't get into whatever mess of the Big XII is going to turn into- they'd be foolish and going backwards to get back into the Big Least (which sorry but it is now- minus 'Nova) and essentially abandon the Football program at a big-boy FBS level. Stay in the American and stay the course until another round of CR happens. We all know the ACC or B1G will take us next time around. We need to keep winning, recruiting as solid talent as we can, and getting fans to show up to The Rent Saturdays in the fall to make it happen.
Totally agree. The American is a fine place to be. Moving from the American to the BE for everything but hoops and hockey is fatalist. When we become the Boise State of the American in football, we will be invited to a P5.

Reaction Score
We'll probably be in a conference with UMass football before the Big East. Get realistic.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Too much has been sunk into FB for UConn to just let it fade. By the turn of the decade we'll be in a conference where we may not get top $ but we'll be in a position where we get enough to be viable. I think the AAC is rounding into a better than anticipated conference. I still hate it for hoops though.

Reaction Score
Too much has been sunk into FB for UConn to just let it fade. By the turn of the decade we'll be in a conference where we may not get top $ but we'll be in a position where we get enough to be viable. I think the AAC is rounding into a better than anticipated conference. I still hate it for hoops though.
Hoops are getting better. The list of coaches in bb is pretty decent.
I just don't see long term viability of Big East. Yes, Villanova won the NC, but their key players were seniors. And uconn as a state flagship just minimizes itself playing against regional catholic schools.

Anyone that wants BE is only a Bb fan and doesn't see how football drives the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom