PK85 Tournament next year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PK85 Tournament next year

Reaction Score
This is a good start to our OOC schedule for next year. However, we NEED to be in both the BE-Big 12 challenge and Gavitt games AND play 1-2 P5 home and home series. Our OOC schedule this year was a joke. The fact that playing St. Bonnies in Jersey was considered a good thing is scary.
But UConn has 7 losses and is still #18 in the NET. How did that happen? Is the BE carrying that much weight?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My predictions:
Alabama - Oregon
UNC - Villanova
UConn - Michigan St
Iowa St. - Portland
I highly doubt they will match us up with the other three big brands in the first round- UNC, Nova, Michigan State.
We played Oregon last time in the quarterfinal so I doubt they want a repeat of that.

My guess
UConn-Iowa State
UNC-Portland
Michigan State-Oregon
Villanova-Alabama

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
But UConn has 7 losses and is still #18 in the NET. How did that happen? Is the BE carrying that much weight?
Yes. When the league goes over .500 against the P5, has the 2nd best winning percentage in matchups between power conference schools, wins the Gavitt games and ties the Big 12-Big East challenge, it is going to help our numbers. Just look at ACC schools with a similar record. They aren't fairing too well in the NET.

Reaction Score
That is odd we are in the same bracket with Villanova. I always thought it was a rule you cannot play teams in your conference in these November tournaments. Also, It’s crazy that we always end up in these tournaments with Michigan St.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I highly doubt they will match us up with the other three big brands in the first round- UNC, Nova, Michigan State.
We played Oregon last time in the quarterfinal so I doubt they want a repeat of that.

My guess
UConn-Iowa State
UNC-Portland
Michigan State-Oregon
Villanova-Alabama

I would think UConn gets either ISU or Bama in Rd 1 as well. Pretty sure we played Oregon in Rd 1 back in the PK80 and MSU in Rd 2 so hopefully the bracket looks a little different this time around. Nova and UConn will for sure be in different halves to make sure they only play in the last game of the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom