PK85 Tournament next year | The Boneyard

PK85 Tournament next year

Reaction Score
More information coming out about this stacked field.

Interestingly, there are four Big East teams (UConn, Nova, Butler, X) playing - two on each side of the bracket. Wondering if somehow this event will tie into our league schedule? Not sure how else it would work.

Reaction Score
I always thought you could only have 1 school per conference in these tournaments. Strange that they can do 2 per 8 team tourny. Hopefully we don't get matched up with Portland in 1st round.

Reaction Score
I always thought you could only have 1 school per conference in these tournaments. Strange that they can do 2 per 8 team tourny. Hopefully we don't get matched up with Portland in 1st round.
We were invited to this event while still a member of the AAC.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hard to sell to myself - Bahamas, Maui easy Portland idk
I hear Oregon has some impressive Waterfalls and nature......

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
The PK80 was incredible because the Moda and Veterans Coliseum are next door to each other so someone like me who wanted to see as many games as possible could easily do so. I'm concerned now how it's going to work putting U Portland's gym in the mix...hopefully that's confined to hosting loser's bracket games only. I'm cool skipping ISU/Portland...not so much a UNC/UConn game in a 4,000 seat bandbox across town.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonderful tournament as far as the teams are considered
The location - Portland - No thanks
Enjoyable from the couch at home

Reaction Score
Oregon resident here. There’s tons of cool things to do if you like outdoorsy stuff. Just bring a raincoat, because the dreary season is usually here by Thanksgiving.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Those are some good basketball schools... and some teams from Oregon.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
The Portland area is gorgeous if you like greenery.

The Oregon shore reminds me a lot of New England's: grey skies, rocks everywhere, and cold ass water. Drove some of the coast and it's got a bit of a Cape feel with these little summer tourist towns dotted along the highway.

Not as sexy as Bahamas or Maui though, no doubt!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is a good start to our OOC schedule for next year. However, we NEED to be in both the BE-Big 12 challenge and Gavitt games AND play 1-2 P5 home and home series. Our OOC schedule this year was a joke. The fact that playing St. Bonnies in Jersey was considered a good thing is scary.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our first round matchup will be against one of Alabama, Iowa State or Portland.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Literally was just talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Portland area and works at Nike, telling him I want to get out that way soon. This could be a good spot all around!

Either way, super cool to be in an event like this, that week is much better when we're playing Maui or PK or a great early season tournament.

Reaction Score
Our first round matchup will be against one of Alabama, Iowa State or Portland.
My predictions:
Alabama - Oregon
UNC - Villanova
UConn - Michigan St
Iowa St. - Portland

Reaction Score
This is a good start to our OOC schedule for next year. However, we NEED to be in both the BE-Big 12 challenge and Gavitt games AND play 1-2 P5 home and home series. Our OOC schedule this year was a joke. The fact that playing St. Bonnies in Jersey was considered a good thing is scary.
Agreed we need a better schedule next year, but St Bonaventure was supposed to be a top 25 team. No way to know how bad they'd end up being

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom