PK80 Bracket Reveal Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PK80 Bracket Reveal Tomorrow

Reaction Score
Would be very surprised if we landed Michigan St. Have to imagine they'll basically seed it and have Duke, UNC, Zags, and MSU as the top 4 guys matched up against the bottom 4. I would guess we'd end up in a hypotethical 4 vs 5 game against someone like Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Would be very surprised if we landed Michigan St. Have to imagine they'll basically seed it and have Duke, UNC, Zags, and MSU as the top 4 guys matched up against the bottom 4. I would guess we'd end up in a hypotethical 4 vs 5 game against someone like Arkansas.

I'll go with that...

huskykennel001-5.jpg

Reaction Score

Guess it depends on how they handle the likes of Texas, OU, OSU, but either way it seems highly doubtful that UConn ends up as high as a 4/5 game.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I think that worked out really well for UConn. Oregon is a tough opponent and either MSU or Georgetown would be great.

Reaction Score
Oregon will basically have home court advantage

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I'm happy, hope to win and play against MSU. Honestly don't think you coulda gone wrong, so many top programs that UConn was guaranteed at least 1-2 pivotal matchups. But as a basketball fan, I think the other bracket is more interesting to watch.

Anyone know when individual tickets go on sale??

Reaction Score
The fun in these tournaments is getting to play some different teams. Instead our side of the bracket is practically a re-match of last year's Maui. Yes matchups a bit different...but just a little too similar for my likes. A bit disappointed.

upload_2017-5-31_13-11-17.png

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I'm happy, hope to win and play against MSU. Honestly don't think you coulda gone wrong, so many top programs that UConn was guaranteed at least 1-2 pivotal matchups. But as a basketball fan, I think the other bracket is more interesting to watch.

Anyone know when individual tickets go on sale??

Men's Hoops To Play Oregon in First Round of PK80

Ticket Information

Limited All Session and Moda Only Ticket Packages are still available exclusively at pkinvitational.com/tickets. Single-session tickets, which include seats for two games, will go on sale Friday, June 9 at 10 a.m. PT. Tickets will be available at ticketmaster.com, the Rose Quarter Box Office (M-F 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.), by calling 800.745.3000 or online atpkinvitational.com/tickets. Fans can join the presale for single-session seats by signing up now at PRE-SALE SIGN-UP « PK80-Phil Knight Invitational.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
So much for getting to watch both my Huskies and Zags play in this tournament now that they're in the opposite venues at the exact same times...ugh.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Not fond of playing Oregon in what is pretty much a road game that will only count as a neutral site game come March by the committee.

And as @gwhuskyfan mentioned, having UConn, Oregon, UNC, and Georgetown in the same bracket as eerily similar to Maui last year is pretty disappointing.

Still great to be included but overall a letdown for me as far as the brackets. Let's hope we show up.

Reaction Score
Echoing others: Oregon and then probably Georgetown for the millionth time is a bit "meh".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tough matchup. But it was bound to be, no matter what. It's the same as always with these, you will need to beat some good teams. Main concern about Oregon is a possibly late start. I don't know who they have back next year either.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Here is the other bracket:

DBLD1O4W0AIcp6D.jpg:large

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The gear the players are going to get from this tourney is going to awesome.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tough matchup. But it was bound to be, no matter what. It's the same as always with these, you will need to beat some good teams. Main concern about Oregon is a possibly late start. I don't know who they have back next year either.

This is an absolute must win for UCONN. Adams experience will mean everything here.

Turning pro: Dillon Brooks, Jordan Bell, Tyler Dorsey
Returning: Nobody

With Brooks, Bell and Dorsey all leaving early and Chris Boucher and Dylan Ennis having graduated, Dana Altman’s top five scorers are off to new pastures, and the Ducks look set for a rebuilding year. Grad transfer Elijah Brown (New Mexico) will pair with Payton Pritchard in the backcourt, but there’s not a ton else to get excited about until Oregon can replenish the cupboard. The Ducks took a big hit with the trio of early departures, all of whom were justified in their choices, but leave gaping holes just the same. A Final Four repeat is far fetched for now.

Reaction Score
Oregon, MSU, and then UNC is anything but "meh", but to each their own

Exactly. We also lucked out by not having a Portland/Portland State first or second round match-up. If some way we win it all (beating Oregon, MSU, and UNC), it would be a helluva NCAA resume boost.

For those saying our draw is "meh" because of familiarity with the schools in our bracket....look at the other side. We just recently had series with Texas, Stanford, Ohio State, and Florida. And a neutral site game against Duke.

Get over yourselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom