PK80 Bracket Reveal Tomorrow | The Boneyard

PK80 Bracket Reveal Tomorrow

Reaction Score
Actually hope we end up with an insanely tough draw. Would rather lose to UNC/Duke than any of the more fringe programs.

Reaction Score
Who's in it again?
Duke, UNC, Mich st, Texas, butler, gonzaga, ohio st, OU, oregon, stanford, Florida, Georgetown, Arkansas

Edit: and of course the good guys

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Duke, UNC, Mich st, Texas, butler, gonzaga, ohio st, OU, oregon, stanford, Florida, Georgetown, Arkansas

Edit: and of course the good guys
All conference mates will be split so guaranteed to get Duke or UNC, Mich St or Ohio St, Texas or Okla, Oregon or Stanford, Butler or Gtown, Ark or Fl, Port or PSU. That leaves us and Gonzaga, hoping I'm wrong but leads me to believe Zags will be in the other bracket.

PK80-Phil Knight Invitational

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Actually hope we end up with an insanely tough draw. Would rather lose to UNC/Duke than any of the more fringe programs.
I'm hoping for Georgetown, OSU or OU in the first round. All should be winnable games.

Is this supposed to be a lottery? Or is it determined by ESPN/tournament directors?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for Georgetown, OSU or OU in the first round. All should be winnable games.

Is this supposed to be a lottery? Or is it determined by ESPN/tournament directors?
We'll probably get Port or Port St,:rolleyes:.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We'll probably get Port or Port St,:rolleyes:.

Not likely, uconn is playing in this tournament to get better OOC games. I'm sure UConn camp does not want Portland or Portland State. My guess is a power conference team would rather have them to guarantee them a winners bracket tournament run and a guaranteed win in the tournament

Reaction Score
We just played all of those teams last year -- I'd rather see someone new, and higher-profile.

I'm going to guess we get MSU. Duke and UNC end up headlining their respective brackets against the easiest possible wins.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just wondering - why isn't Kentucky in this tournament????

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess we get MSU. Duke and UNC end up headlining their respective brackets against the easiest possible wins.

Don't like that match up. Need someone less seasoned, especially from a coaching perspective. They've got a good mix of experience and youth. Tall, long, good defending team.

Would actually like Gtown, what with Ewing being a 1st time HC and all. And a win there would get us a nice 2nd game too.

We need more than one good match up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't like that match up. Need someone less seasoned, especially from a coaching perspective. They've got a good mix of experience and youth. Tall, long, good defending team.

Would actually like Gtown, what with Ewing being a 1st time HC and all. And a win there would get us a nice 2nd game too.

We need more than one good match up.

I agree except for the :
Need someone less seasoned, especially from a coaching perspective.

KO got the best of him a few times - esp. 2014

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree except for the :
Need someone less seasoned, especially from a coaching perspective.

KO got the best of him a few times - esp. 2014

Different teams though. That team had stud Sr PG. A stud Jr combo. A great 6th man GT shooting guard. A great Sr wing. A stud Jr stretch 4.

This team is green.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Different teams though. That team had stud Sr PG. A stud Jr combo. A great 6th man GT shooting guard. A great Sr wing. A stud Jr stretch 4.

This team is green.
So its the team - not the coaching
I think KO is 2-0 vs Izzo

Reaction Score

This team is green.

The 2012-13 team, on the other hand, is a good comparison.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My guess is UConn. Vs either Texas or Stanford in the first round

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member