Pitt/Syr aka Zone Wars | The Boneyard

Pitt/Syr aka Zone Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
anybody else watching and coping with the feeling of actually rooting for Pitt? don't expect them to win but they're making a game of it despite Dante Taylor being awful. funny to hear Pitt fans always talk about wait to Dixon starts getting McDonalds All Americans and he gets 2, one terrible and the other didn't last a season.

caw

Reaction Score
I find this game fun, I'm happy no matter which team loses. Either Cuse gives up it's undefeated season or Pitt goes 0-6 in the BE and pretty much is NIT bound at best.

Reaction Score
How did Pitt get so awful in just one year? They usually thrive in the regular season. Put a UCONN sign up and I guarantee you Gibbs makes 3 straight 3 pointers.

Reaction Score
They determined that regular season success might be inversely related to postseason success. They are now testing this hypothesis.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Honestly, I didn't expect this game to be as close as it was at times. Didn't they cut it to three deep in the second half? That being said, it kind of looked like Cuse was just a cat playing with a mouse - they were never worried and the game never seemed in doubt. I think Pitt might not be as bad as their records indicates, same for cuse in the other direction.

Reaction Score
Interesting game. Pitt's playing better than they have but that's not saying much. Syracuse finally beat Pitt after I think five years though they didnt look that good in doing it. Got hurt on the offensive glass big time in the first half though Pitt couldnt throw the ball in the ocean.

Not a Cuse fan for them to go to the final four. If they don't turn you over on their defense they have trouble scoring.

caw

Reaction Score
It's really simple with Pitt. They are a team that has won in the regular season by having older, more mature players than most everyone else.

They lost Wannamaker, Brown and McGhee to graduation.

They lost Woodall to injury. That's 4 of their top 6 from last year and both their PGs from last year. Add in Birch leaving and there you go.

Gibbs is playing as well as he can at PG, but he is much better off the ball. He isn't very fast, quick or athletic and is better running off screens or getting the kickout than being a lead guard.

Really though, Taylor has been the big bust for them. He was supposed to be their next star (their first MCAA) and the start of their great recruiting. He has been a flop.

They still play hard, but they are not as tough as previous teams and slightly less talented.

Cuse looked pretty bad and still won by 10+. That is a deep team, even if individually they aren't stars (Top 10 NBA types), they are all good players who have bought in and know their role.

Dixon really knows how to play against that Cuse zone though, even with a horrid team he kept it close.

Reaction Score
I don't know how many UConn fans are like me, but I don't hate SU for deciding to leave for the ACC. The same fans who are haters would probably jump with joy if they found out the UConn was leaving with them.

I don't hate WVU for deciding to leave for the SEC either. I do hate Pitt for leaving but that's because I hated them before they decided to leave. In my twisted world, a good SU team is good for the BE but a bad Pitt team is also good.

I find great satisfaction with the thought of SU beating the snot out of UNC and Dook and winning the ACC when they join their conference, while Pitt gets their ass kicked like they are now and like BC has since they joined the ACC.

I'm definitely going to miss playing both teams every year. The SU games are always great rivalry games and who doesn't like watching your team play its villain. I'd be shocked if UConn and SU don't set up a home-and-home that will run indefinitely. As for playing Pitt...hum...I doubt that series will happen any time soon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't know how many UConn fans are like me, but I don't hate SU for deciding to leave for the ACC. The same fans who are haters would probably jump with joy if they found out the UConn was leaving with them.

I don't hate WVU for deciding to leave for the SEC either. I do hate Pitt for leaving but that's because I hated them before they decided to leave. In my twisted world, a good SU team is good for the BE but a bad Pitt team is also good.

I find great satisfaction with the thought of SU beating the snot out of UNC and Dook and winning the ACC when they join their conference, while Pitt gets their ass kicked like they are now and like BC has since they joined the ACC.

I'm definitely going to miss playing both teams every year. The SU games are always great rivalry games and who doesn't like watching your team play its villain. I'd be shocked if UConn and SU don't set up a home-and-home that will run indefinitely. As for playing Pitt...hum...I doubt that series will happen any time soon.
I don't hate WV for going to the SEC either. I do hate them for trying to go to the B12 before the 27 month waiting period.

Reaction Score

I don't care to play SU ever again. I feel the same way about them that I felt about BC. Pitt? Who cares?

Reaction Score

Most of the SU board would say they see no reason to ever play UConn again...but want a home and home with Georgetown

caw

Reaction Score
Most of the SU board would say they see no reason to ever play UConn again...but want a home and home with Georgetown

If I were Cuse I'd only want to play Gtown also, I mean they have a longer standing rivalry and Gtown isn't as much of a threat to the NYC area (recruiting wise).

Reaction Score
Seems SU vs Uconn will be a thing of the past once SU goes to the ACC. Unless we meet in the NCAA's. Its to bad really because there have been some great games and its been fun to hate Uconn just like I'm sure its been fun for you guys to hate SU.

JB has said that he expects to play St. John's and Gtown and possibly Nova every season. St. John's will be at MSG and makes sense since its a nuetral thats basically a home game for both teams.
SU wants to maintane a pressance in NYC. Gtown is our oldest rival and we recruit a lot of players from Bmore/DC area.
Nova could stay because we also recruit Philly very well.
Home and Homes with Gtown and Nova rotating so we get one on the road and one at home each season is what I envision.

Reaction Score
The Cuse would not have any acccess to North east recruits if we don't play them ever. I hate Cuse with an passion,same with Pitt. I'm sad to see WV go as we have not had any problem with their fans, that I know of, and I am so grateful the way they treated us after the Jazz tragedy. Still I don't care for the carp they are pulling now.

Reaction Score
The Cuse would not have any acccess to North east recruits if we don't play them ever. I hate Cuse with an passion,same with Pitt. I'm sad to see WV go as we have not had any problem with their fans, that I know of, and I am so grateful the way they treated us after the Jazz tragedy. Still I don't care for the carp they are pulling now.

We will play St Johns in the garden every season. SU will always be a well known school with north east recruits. No one gets them all but I see all our normal recruiting areas remaining the same but also some new southern ones opening up once we join the ACC

caw

Reaction Score
We will play St Johns in the garden every season. SU will always be a well known school with north east recruits. No one gets them all but I see all our normal recruiting areas remaining the same but also some new southern ones opening up once we join the ACC

Syracuse will probably be fine in the NE, they are close enough where it shouldn't make a difference to them, plus they play at a packed BC every year (LOL). Staying in the BE 2 more seasons could actually benefit Cuse a lot with the recruiting talent in the NE that may (or may not) be interested in at least playing within easy driving distance for relatives a number of times every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom