pitino running his mouth in a desperate plea for attention...again | The Boneyard

pitino running his mouth in a desperate plea for attention...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I bet that little gremlin gives himself a little cheer every time Eamon Brennan writes about his blog on another blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...5824/pitino-says-acc-moves-motivated-by-hoops

"Let’s get to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If my information is correct, the ACC, namely certain basketball coaches, did not like the amount of exposure BIG EAST basketball was getting nationally and the amount of tournament teams selected the past couple of seasons. Their feelings were made known at conference meetings. Now true or untrue, you can’t tell me that Pitt and Syracuse are making ACC football significantly better. In the last few years, they have laid off more football staff coaches than Bank of America did with its employees last week. Obviously this is an exaggeration, but let’s take a step back."

His theory is ridiculous and in no way explains Pitt's and Cuse's actions. So two teams who are already in the best conference are somehow sick and tired of the Big East being the dominant conference, so they decided to move in order to hurt the conference? Really...?

Reaction Score
Even though it was supposed to be all about football, he doesn't see it that way, and he has a point. Syracuse and Pitt are not great in football in the near or far future so in his mind it's just the BB. UCONN following to the ACC is his nightmare.

Reaction Score
I bet that little gremlin gives himself a little cheer every time Eamon Brennan writes about his blog on another blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...5824/pitino-says-acc-moves-motivated-by-hoops

"Let’s get to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If my information is correct, the ACC, namely certain basketball coaches, did not like the amount of exposure BIG EAST basketball was getting nationally and the amount of tournament teams selected the past couple of seasons. Their feelings were made known at conference meetings. Now true or untrue, you can’t tell me that Pitt and Syracuse are making ACC football significantly better. In the last few years, they have laid off more football staff coaches than Bank of America did with its employees last week. Obviously this is an exaggeration, but let’s take a step back."

His theory is ridiculous and in no way explains Pitt's and Cuse's actions. So two teams who are already in the best conference are somehow sick and tired of the Big East being the dominant conference, so they decided to move in order to hurt the conference? Really...?

I think the point is the ACC is trying to gut the Big East, not that Pitt and Syracuse are.

Reaction Score
It's been clear since the 2004 moves that the ACC wanted to establish itself up and down the entire east coast. Irrespective of whether this was a football or basketball motivated move, it takes the ACC to another level and if UConn also leaves, the BE -- and Louisville in particular -- will be really screwed.

Pitt and 'Cuse left because they likely felt that if they didn't move now, they could be left behind in a conference with no immediate options, just like the position UConn finds itself in now.

Reaction Score
He's trying to start a meme that counters thoughts of UConn to the ACC. It's aimed at UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pitino's solution" Invite Temple AND 'Nova, and the Army, Navy Air Force. GENIUS! The man is visionary!:rolleyes:

(Agree with upstater's obsevation above.)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I think the point is the ACC is trying to gut the Big East, not that Pitt and Syracuse are.

You're saying that Pitt and Cuse were approached and lured out of the conference by the ACC?

Reaction Score
It's been clear since the 2004 moves that the ACC wanted to establish itself up and down the entire east coast. Irrespective of whether this was a football or basketball motivated move, it takes the ACC to another level and if UConn also leaves, the BE -- and Louisville in particular -- will be really screwed.

Pitt and 'Cuse left because they likely felt that if they didn't move now, they could be left behind in a conference with no immediate options, just like the position UConn finds itself in now.

Pitt left because they are scum. Quse left because they saw the writing on the wall and joined them- (we might have done the same). But let's not make it sound like Pitt was being prudent. They were running the BE-they were the chair for Fs sake- then they went behind everyone's backs while they held the keys to the car- then drove the car off a cliff. End of story. Scumbags.

Reaction Score

I must say I agree with a lot of what he says and don't blame him. If you don't think Coach K had some pull in this happening then you're wrong. He has not been happy with the amount of exposure the BE has had with their basketabll powers.

Reaction Score
Someone please explain to me about Pitt being the chair, what that position does and was it just their turn to hold that title? Is it a real position or just symbolic?

Reaction Score
I must say I agree with a lot of what he says and don't blame him. If you don't think Coach K had some pull in this happening then you're wrong. He has not been happy with the amount of exposure the BE has had with their basketabll powers.
+1

Reaction Score
ACC needs to learn some geography and understand TV markets better. They won't be controlling the Northeast until they add UConn and Rutgers. A good example is the Boston Globe - their coverage of the ACC is no more, and probably less, than that of the Big East. Why? Because UConn, Syracuse and others still have a very strong ties with the city. Ditto NYC - ACC will continue to play second fiddle to the Big East unless they pry UConn and Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom