Pitino on JC (and others) - NY Post | The Boneyard

Pitino on JC (and others) - NY Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...unday_with_rick_pitino_oDiKLOTsgxnRElxGbHrLgJ

Q: Jim Calhoun?
A: I’ve competed against Jim since Boston University, so that’s over 35 years. And we were bitter rivals, then became rivals, then became ... we had a friendly association. Jim is the type of guy, he just doesn’t care what anybody thinks. He’s a tough Irishman from Boston — really doesn’t care what anybody thinks, he’s gonna do it his way.

Q: That sounds like you, except for the tough Irishman part.
A I care what people think , but it doesn’t change my opinion of how to do things.

Reaction Score
Q: Larry Brown?
A: Larry Brown is, to me, an amazing man. The fact that he could love this game as much as he loves it, and still want to coach at an SMU, just is what I hope all coaches are all about, because he still loves to teach the game, regardless of where it may be. I really believe that Larry, if you gave him the women’s basketball job at Southwest Missouri State, he’d say, “You know what? I just really love teaching these kids.” And that’s an amazing quality to have.

Translation: SMU is a crap school, might as well be a nowhere school like SWMSU.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Original questions is : Q: What made the following coaches Hall of Famers —

Reaction Score
In discussing Lute Olson:
There are three guys that had impossible programs, and built it and stayed on top — one for a long period of time was Jim Calhoun ... a Yankee Conference school that I visited, it was down to UMass and UConn. If you ever said to me, “They could be the UConn of today,” I’d say it’s impossible. ... The other was Jerry Tarkanian, you couldn’t do that in the desert. And the third one was Lute Olson.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Translation: SMU is a crap school, might as well be a nowhere school like SWMSU.

Well Missouri State has a better program than SMU. Historically their attendance is 400% higher than SMU.

I don't think he's trying to get a shot in against SMU everyone knows they are a joke. He was actually trying to compliment the guy.

Reaction Score
Well Missouri State has a better program than SMU. Historically their attendance is 400% higher than SMU.

I don't think he's trying to get a shot in against SMU everyone knows they are a joke. He was actually trying to compliment the guy.

Fail of a post. You find this: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/schedule/MOST/missouri-state-bears more impressive than this:http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/schedule/SMU/southern-methodist-mustangs

Only OOC wins for SWMOST are against Malone and Philander Smith.

SMU at least beat two BCS conference schools.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fail of a post. You find this: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/schedule/MOST/missouri-state-bears more impressive than this:http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/schedule/SMU/southern-methodist-mustangs

Only OOC wins for SWMOST are against Malone and Philander Smith.

SMU at least beat two BCS conference schools.

Let me get this right you are judging the overall quality of a program off one season.

Missouri State who generally draws about 6k against SMU who draws 1,500 over the years.

You are so on top of the issues that you don't even realize there is no such school as SW Missouri State anymore....

Tennessee stole Cuanzo Martin and they made a bad hire with the Purdue assistant. Neither of the basketball programs is any great shakes but Missouri State at least has a conference championship in the last two decades and has a real live fanbase.

Reaction Score
Let me get this right you are judging the overall quality of a program off one season.

Missouri State who generally draws about 6k against SMU who draws 1,500 over the years.

You are so on top of the issues that you don't even realize there is no such school as SW Missouri State anymore....

Tennessee stole Cuanzo Martin and they made a bad hire with the Purdue assistant. Neither of the basketball programs is any great shakes but Missouri State at least has a conference championship in the last two decades and has a real live fanbase.

I am so out of it that I missed the name change of SWMizz. Oh man, just not paying attention. So clueless. I actually searched on Google and it lead me right to their page! Wow, the name change is so well known that if you search for the old name, it literally makes no difference. And this or any other year in the history of mankind, I'd rather be SMU than TSFKASWMOST.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But yeah other than that the 180th best team in the computers is WAY BETTER than 201. Especially when they go 5-11 in a worse conference than a team who went 7-9 in a better conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am so out of it that I missed the name change of SWMizz. Oh man, just not paying attention. So clueless. I actually searched on Google and it lead me right to their page! Wow, the name change is so well known that if you search for the old name, it literally makes no difference. And this or any other year in the history of mankind, I'd rather be SMU than TSFKASWMOST.

Always an academic until pure ignorance is a better way to try and make a point. Sorry, if you can't be bothered to know the school's names your opinion on how they play seems a little less important.

20 years without a tourney trip and average home attendance of 1,500. What a strong argument you have.

Reaction Score
But yeah other than that the 180th best team in the computers is WAY BETTER than 201. Especially when they go 5-11 in a worse conference than a team who went 7-9 in a better conference.

No, not a better conference, as proven by the fact that a team that lost to EVERY D1 team on its OOC sched. managed to win 7 games in its crap conference. Anyone who thinks this conference is better than CUSA is hopelessly deluded.

Reaction Score
I don't know the names of every school in America. No one does. No one even cares. You're the only one here making idiotic points, but that's what you excel in anyway, so it's no surprise.

Always an academic until pure ignorance is a better way to try and make a point. Sorry, if you can't be bothered to know the school's names your opinion on how they play seems a little less important.

20 years without a tourney trip and average home attendance of 1,500. What a strong argument you have.

Reaction Score
No, not a better conference, as proven by the fact that a team that lost to EVERY D1 team on its OOC sched. managed to win 7 games in its crap conference. Anyone who thinks this conference is better than CUSA is hopelessly deluded.
Except the second place school in that conference almost beat Louisville in the Final Four, after beating Pitt, Lasalle, Ohio State, and Gonzaga, whereas Memphis, who went undefeated in CUSA, lost in the second round.

I think you are probably right that CUSA is (was) better as a whole, but Missouri State has had decent success. They haven't made the NCAAs in a while, but they were in the Sweet 16 in 1999. SMU hasn't been to the NCAAs since 1993.

Reaction Score
Except the second place school in that conference almost beat Louisville in the Final Four, after beating Pitt, Lasalle, Ohio State, and Gonzaga, whereas Memphis, who went undefeated in CUSA, lost in the second round.

I think you are probably right that CUSA is (was) better as a whole, but Missouri State has had decent success. They haven't made the NCAAs in a while, but they were in the Sweet 16 in 1999. SMU hasn't been to the NCAAs since 1993.

I went back and looked at the schedules of these teams. Please do so (and if we're talking of the recent past, Memphis was in the national championship!!!). Seriously, you would be surprised to look at the schedules of these teams the last few years. Incredibly weak. This is really a poor poor conference. Click on that link I gave above a move backward in years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know the names of every school in America. No one does. No one even cares. You're the only one here making idiotic points, but that's what you excel in anyway, so it's no surprise.

Yes, you are wrong. Instead of just saying - I don't follow mid major basketball and I don't realize that Missouri State is a better program than SMU you'd prefer to keep attacking me and calling me names.

I get that very few people care about mid-major basketball. But if you don't care and are ignorant about the subject don't try and tell me what is right and what is wrong.

You are wrong. Just admit it and move on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Upstater. For the love of God please stop. The Massey rankings collect all the computer rankings. They have the MVC 9th and CUSA 11th.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365374575.940275.jpg

You have an actual chance to stop making an a** of yourself. Anyone who takes two seconds to actually watch the games these teams play know that the MVC is a better league than CUSA. This is ridiculous even by your standards.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He is wrong. The Missouri Valley is better than CUSA. There is not a single
person who observes who would argue this.

Reaction Score
Yes, you are wrong. Instead of just saying - I don't follow mid major basketball and I don't realize that Missouri State is a better program than SMU you'd prefer to keep attacking me and calling me names.

I get that very few people care about mid-major basketball. But if you don't care and are ignorant about the subject don't try and tell me what is right and what is wrong.

You are wrong. Just admit it and move on.

Wrong about what? Is Mizzou State better than SMU? No. We all know about RPI--doesn't pass the eyeball test. Mountain West is 3rd. Do you stand by Massey? Terrible. Bunch of dimwits. Prove that wrong, go ahead. And then tell me about Missouri State's god awful ZERO win record against D1 OOC. Yet they won some games in conference. If they don't win a single game out of conference, then I'm going to say their in conference record is due to a conference. It is.

Hell, Tulane finished near the bottom of CUSA, yet went 20-15 and even beat one of the last team's out of the NCAA, Alabama. They had a 6-10 record in conference. I saw enough of the CUSA tourney to know the level of talent, and it's higher than MWC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wrong about what? Is Mizzou State better than SMU? No. We all know about RPI--doesn't pass the eyeball test. Mountain West is 3rd. Do you stand by Massey? Terrible. Bunch of dimwits. Prove that wrong, go ahead. and then tell me about Missouri State's god awful ZERO win record against D1 OOC. Yet they won some games in conference. If they don't win a single game out of conference, then I'm going to say their in conference record is due to a ty conference. It is.

You are wrong that Missouri State isn't a better program than SMU. You continue to blab about this season where the two teams were equally bad.

Ignore that Missouri State outdraws SMU by a factor of four. Ignore that you are so out of your depth that you don't even know the school's name.

IGNORE THAT EVERY COMPUTER RANKING AND OBSERVER RANKS THE MVC AHEAD OF CUSA.

Ignore all the objective evidence and continue to make a fool of yourself. Yeah in this season early in the year Missouri State did poorly out conference. I guess that trumps every other single piece of evidence that can be collected.

Massey is a bunch of dimwits by the way? Do you have any idea what you are even arguing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Upstater. You are in your glory. The entire objective world tells you MVC is better than CUSA but you saw Tulane! Congrats.

Let me know when you get to the actual point. That Missouri State has a better program than SMU.

I know you are so well versed you don't
know the school's name that changed
8 years ago. And Missouri State's attendance is 4 times higher than SMU's. And SMU hasn't been to an NCAA tourney in 20 years and all...

I have to admit it's enjoyable to watch you continue to dig in with an incorrect
stance rather than just admit you are
wrong.

Reaction Score
You are wrong that Missouri State isn't a better program than SMU. You continue to blab about this season where the two teams were equally bad.

Ignore that Missouri State outdraws SMU by a factor of four. Ignore that you are so out of your depth that you don't even know the school's name.

IGNORE THAT EVERY COMPUTER RANKING AND OBSERVER RANKS THE MVC AHEAD OF CUSA.

Ignore all the objective evidence and continue to make a fool of yourself. Yeah in this season early in the year Missouri State did poorly out conference. I guess that trumps every other single piece of evidence that can be collected.

Massey is a bunch of dimwits by the way? Do you have any idea what you are even arguing?

What does outdrawing have to do with anything? That's stupid. Almost as relevent as SMU's superior academics and campus.

Yes, Massey takes the cake. Why? Because they have the Mountain West with their spectacular flameout (and never-have-been status) ahead of many top conferences. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, you have absolutely no capacity for analytical thinking, nor any critical skills.

Reaction Score
Upstater. You are in your glory. The entire objective world tells you MVC is better than CUSA but you saw Tulane! Congrats.

Let me know when you get to the actual point. That Missouri State has a better program than SMU.

I know you are so well versed you don't
know the school's name that changed
8 years ago. And Missouri State's attendance is 4 times higher than SMU's. And SMU hasn't been to an NCAA tourney in 20 years and all...

I have to admit it's enjoyable to watch you continue to dig in with an incorrect
stance rather than just admit you are
wrong.

Wow, you're just repeating the same irrelevancies over and over, jumping from one wrong island to the next. get a life preserver--you're drowning.

When is the last time Missouri State did anything? Yes, that's right. They beat up on weak competition, and then lose the plot in the OOC.

Objective--OK, you seem to believe Boise State is better than

No, the Mountain West is not better than the ACC, nor the Big12, nor the Pac12, nor the Atlantic10, they're not even better than the SEC, yet Massey has them way ahead of some of these conferences. total joke.

As for the school's name, guess what? Pitino doesn't know they changed either--and this is his industry! It's his job! HA!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What does outdrawing have to do with anything? That's stupid. Almost as relevent as SMU's superior academics and campus.

Yes, Massey takes the cake. Why? Because they have the Mountain West with their spectacular flameout (and never-have-been status) ahead of many top conferences. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, you have absolutely no capacity for analytical thinking, nor any critical skills.

LOL jacka**. The Massey rankings are the AVERAGE OF ALL THE OTHER COMPUTER RANKINGS.

So your argument is you are right and everyone else is wrong and your strongest point is that a basketball coach who would never in 1000x years worry about mid-major basketball used their name from a decade ago.

Will you just &:$ng say you were wrong. Will you just say you have no clue when it comes to the subject. Just play the Pitino card and it's below you. It's an easy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom