Pinstripe Bowl? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You did.
You said a deal could be made to move Pitt or Cuse to an ACC open slot. But a Big East bowl would never agree to that.
Where did this claim that the BE would give the bowl up?

I personally believe that the Pinstripe would view us as no less of a catch than Cuse (or Rutty but they will be out of this equation). If a side deal ends up giving the BE better bowls and better payouts, the conference will grant a request by Cuse (and possibly also Pitt if they as expected beat USF next week) to take an ACC bowl instead.

In simple teerms, if we become bowl eligible, don't be surprised to see Cuse get something like the Music City while we end up in the south Bronx.

Reaction Score
I would prefer to travel to someplace I've haven't been before. I can catch a train to NYC any day of the week. Also I wonder about the tailgating in NYC. Seems like the least desirable of all the bowls. But at 6-6 I guess we can't be too choosy.

Have you never tailgated @ a Yankee game? There are lots available for those who drive. Personally, I'd pack a cooler and take a train on the New Haven line.

Getting way, way ahead of ourselves....

Reaction Score
Have you never tailgated @ a Yankee game? There are lots available for those who drive. Personally, I'd pack a cooler and take a train on the New Haven line.

Getting way, way ahead of ourselves....
I'm a male. I don't follow baseball.

pj

Reaction Score
This is also Pinstripe's last shot at Syracuse.

Seems unlikely UConn goes there unless BE puts pressure on Bowl to take a continuing member of the conference. And that would seem doubtful.

If they want a continuing member of the conference, they won't take UConn. Maybe Boise or SDSU.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Yankee might take UConn over Pitt and Cincy given that requires a Cincy loss to UConn this weekend. Otherwise forget it. I'm guessing they would like a Cincy win and as credible a bowl as they can put together from the top 4 teams,

So close to a Rutgers WVU matchup yet just as close to a Baylor Cincy matchup........

Reaction Score
Where did this claim that the BE would give the bowl up?

the conference will grant a request by Cuse (and possibly also Pitt if they as expected beat USF next week) to take an ACC bowl instead.

The BE will not have enough teams to fill its bowls.
Yet you continue to claim that the BE could let Cuse take a non-BE bowl, and this would not negatively impact the BE bowls.

Yeah, because the Beef O Brady (or whatever bowl) would much rather have Central Michigan than Syracuse.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Yet you continue to claim that the BE could let Cuse take a non-BE bowl, and this would not negatively impact the BE bowls.

Yeah, because the Beef O Brady (or whatever bowl) would much rather have Central Michigan than Syracuse.

Yes it could.

The Big East has 6 bowl slots and will have 6 bowl teams (when Connecticut beats Cincy and if Pitt wins).

Reaction Score
Yes it could.

The Big East has 6 bowl slots and will have 6 bowl teams (when Connecticut beats Cincy and if Pitt wins).

Ok, geez, the Big East will not have more bowl teams than bowls.
But the point is the same: there is NO reason a bowl would give up Cuse/Pitt so that it could take a fill-in MAC team instead.

Reaction Score
I already booked Florida over the holidays because I figured a bowl was out.

Reaction Score
If the Pinstripe has the 4th pick, won't Rutgers and Syracuse already be off the board? Rutgers and Syracuse are in 1st and 2nd place in the league right now. Wouldn't it come down to us and Cincinnati for the Pinstripe? You would have to like our chances if we beat Cincinnati and being local.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

If the BE can send beef O'Brady out to lesser conference and replace it with the Music City they will in a heartbeat. Keep in mind that bowl revenue goes to the conference, based on participants, to be split by the conference as their by-laws dictate.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Goddamit. Why couldn't we have beaten WMU and NCState?

Oh right...

A8f7M64CAAAyuaF.jpg

Reaction Score
If the BE can send beef O'Brady out to lesser conference and replace it with the Music City they will in a heartbeat. Keep in mind that bowl revenue goes to the conference, based on participants, to be split by the conference as their by-laws dictate.

And the Beef OBrady is going to do this because it doesnt care if it has a crappy game; it only wants what's best for the BigEast.

Reaction Score
There is a very strong chance if we win we go to the Pinstripe. RU and LV will be gone by the time the Pinstripe goes 4th,. Pinstripe will take us over Cincy, because we'll sell tickets, and might take us over Syracuse because the 'Cuse went last year. RU and LV will go to BCS and Orlando. I can easily see Charlotte, at #3, taking Syracuse which I don't think has ever been there over Cincy.

I'd say our odds are slightly better than 50% , but obviously we need to win.

Reaction Score
There is a very strong chance if we win we go to the Pinstripe. RU and LV will be gone by the time the Pinstripe goes 4th,. Pinstripe will take us over Cincy, because we'll sell tickets, and might take us over Syracuse because the 'Cuse went last year. RU and LV will go to BCS and Orlando. I can easily see Charlotte, at #3, taking Syracuse which I don't think has ever been there over Cincy.

I'd say our odds are slightly better than 50% , but obviously we need to win.

If we win next week and get selected to the Pinstripe bowl, it would be shameful if this fanbase didn't pack Yankee stadium. Especially students.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is going to finish 2nd in the league. If Rutgers beats Louisville, won't Syracuse be the Orlando pick? Either way I don't see how Syracuse and Rutgers are available for the 4th pick. They will be picked by Orlando and Charlotte and if RU gets the BCS certainly Orlando or Charlotet select Syracuse and Louisville. That means it would be between Cincinnati and UConn for the Pinstripe and if we beat Cincy to go along with our location how would we not be selected? Where am I going wrong?

Reaction Score
Syracuse is going to finish 2nd in the league. If Rutgers beats Louisville, won't Syracuse be the Orlando pick? Either way I don't see how Syracuse and Rutgers are available for the 4th pick. They will be picked by Orlando and Charlotte and if RU gets the BCS certainly Orlando or Charlotet select Syracuse and Louisville. That means it would be between Cincinnati and UConn for the Pinstripe and if we beat Cincy to go along with our location how would we not be selected? Where am I going wrong?

Syracuse is 7-5 and doesn't travel as well as RU or LV. The loser of that game will almost certainly go to Orlando.

Reaction Score
If I'm the Pinstripe Bowl and I have a shot at landing the Backyard Brawl (WVU v. Pitt) for my game, I jump on it. WVU may be off the table, but i see that as a real possibility if Pitt wins. That is the only scenario I see where UConn (assuming we're bowl eligible) gets passed over.

If (when) we get bowl eligible, the BE lineup looks like:
RU and UL in Orange and Champs
SU in Charlotte
UConn or Pitt in Bronx
Cinci in Birmingham
UConn or Pitt in Tampa

Reaction Score
Can a bowl take a 6 win team over a team with more than 6 wins? That would keep Pitt out of New York and they've gone to Birmingham two years in a row already.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Can a bowl take a 6 win team over a team with more than 6 wins? That would keep Pitt out of New York and they've gone to Birmingham two years in a row already.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin