Pinstripe Bowl? | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a win over Cincy next week, is there any we could be picked for the Pinstripe Bowl?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess is that if we do somehow find a way to win next Saturday the Pinstripe is a lock. The only other local (to NYC) schools are in line for bowls higher on the pecking order and they both have been there recently.

Reaction Score
I don't know maybe its obrady bowl. I think pinstripe would require 7 wins. I would be willing to get tickets to either though. Pinstripe to see a Yankee stadium football and obrady because its close

pj

Reaction Score
We'll definitely go to a bowl. Don't know which one. Let's worry about beating Cincy first. Finishing with 3 straight wins would really be impressive after the derailing of the season that took place earlier. It would also raise the question why they couldn't get the offensive line playing better sooner. It looks like that's the main difference in this recent stretch.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
My guess is that if we do somehow find a way to win next Saturday the Pinstripe is a lock. The only other local (to NYC) schools are in line for bowls higher on the pecking order and they both have been there recently.

Pinstripe has the 4th pick after BCS, Orlando and Charlotte. Cuse ordinarily would be the pick over DeLeone's offense. But it wouldnt shock me to see Pinstripe take Cuse again.

Anyone know attendance was last year?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I thought the Pinstripe Bowl was for the 4th best Big East team. In that case it would be either Syracuse, Louisville, or Cincinnati. UConn, if we go 6-6 would either get the Compass Bowl or Beef o' Brady's.

Reaction Score
I thought the Pinstripe Bowl was for the 4th best Big East team. In that case it would be either Syracuse, Louisville, or Cincinnati. UConn, if we go 6-6 would either get the Compass Bowl or Beef o' Brady's.

4th pick, not necessarily 4th best team. Us being local, plus Cuse having gone recently could give us a chance.

I agree its more likely we go to one of the lesser bowls though.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score

Typically bowls don't take the same team back-to-back, but Cuse in NYC might be the exception. Cuse is "New York's College Team", after all....

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Love the bowl talk, but the team can't be thinking ahead. Cincy is still a tough team. Gotta play great defense and hopefully we hold them under 14 or we'll lose.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Correction. rutty played last year, cuse in 2010, making it easier for them to select Cuse again this year.

Reaction Score
I don't care if we play CCSU in New Britain. Let's beat Cincy and let's keep the season going. Spring Game right around the corner.

Reaction Score
Cuse didnt go to the pinstripe bowl last year rutgers did. there really isnt a chance that we get the call over cuse. they are going to worry more about the best team available and who will do the best to fill the stadium.

In 2009/2010 bowl season rutgers traveled down to st. petersburg to play in the beef bowl while usf went up to toronto to play in the international bowl. apparently distance for fanbase to travel doesnt matter that much.

Reaction Score
This is also Pinstripe's last shot at Syracuse.

Seems unlikely UConn goes there unless BE puts pressure on Bowl to take a continuing member of the conference. And that would seem doubtful.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is also Pinstripe's last shot at Syracuse.
I don't know the contract details, but I doubt Pinstripe is going to be a BE bowl down the road.

Reaction Score
I would prefer to travel to someplace I've haven't been before. I can catch a train to NYC any day of the week. Also I wonder about the tailgating in NYC. Seems like the least desirable of all the bowls. But at 6-6 I guess we can't be too choosy.

Reaction Score
Possible fly in the ointment----Beef Obrady is on 12/21. Conflict with exams? Has been in the past, don't know about 2012.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Another part of the equation is that the ACC will not be able to fill all of their bowl games. A side deal could be made to send a soon to be ACC member to one of their open bowl games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really hope we can beat Cincinnati. This team will need the extra practices for the early part of 2013 schedule. Maryland and Michigan await!

I'm officially jacked up again for the Cinci game next week!

Reaction Score
I would prefer to travel to someplace I've haven't been before. I can catch a train to NYC any day of the week. Also I wonder about the tailgating in NYC. Seems like the least desirable of all the bowls. But at 6-6 I guess we can't be too choosy.

Pinstripe would be the only bowl where we would have a healthy UConn crowd. At this juncture it might be a blessing to get into that bowl.

Reaction Score
Another part of the equation is that the ACC will not be able to fill all of their bowl games. A side deal could be made to send a soon to be ACC member to one of their open bowl games.

The BE is not going to fill its slots either. No way the bowl is going to give up its BE team.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The BE is not going to fill its slots either. No way the bowl is going to give up its BE team.
Who said they would?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Pinstripe would be the only bowl where we would have a healthy UConn crowd. At this juncture it might be a blessing to get into that bowl.

Exactly right. We are not in a conference right now because our football program and our fanbase is questioned. Our showing at the Fiesta Bowl (aka, ticket sales through the UConn ticket department) is always used as an example. UConn needs a bowl game AND us fans need to show up in large numbers. The best chance of that happening is at Yankee Stadium. If we could get 20-30,000 for that game, it would make such a big statement that we carry NYC support too (important these days!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom