Pinstripe Bowl | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
BC had the longest streak for a while and we mocked them. Good for them winning the game, but they haven't gotten a slot higher than the Big East's number 4 yet, and haven't beaten anything more than a mediocre team. Again, you'd rather win those games than lose them, but don't take it for too much either. How much credit did you give us for winning in Detroit and Toronto?

I gave us credit for winning our bowl games, why would I not? That's fine and dandy that they haven't finished higher than 4th in the conference but Rutgers does accomplished and continues to accomplish things that we would like to someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I think this argument would hold more water if the actually went to a bowl last season.

That's irrelevant, if it were UCONN I'm sure you would be proud that ESPN posted that stat on Sportcenter.

Reaction Score
What is not known is around 12,000 UConn fans paid between $100-$200 less for tickets by getting them on their own and made their own travel arraingements.

That is 12k smart fans. That is what gets lost in all this, a lot more fans go that don't buy through the schools. People need to travel within thier budgets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I gave us credit for winning our bowl games, why would I not? That's fine and dandy that they haven't finished higher than 4th in the conference but Rutgers does accomplished and continues to accomplish things that we would like to someday.

Hold on. What has Rutgers done in football that UConn hasn't? I guess they have played bowl games in 4 different baseball stadiums. Other than that I can't think of a single damned thing.

Reaction Score
actually, RU was "tied" for 2nd place this year (ahead of uconn), while 3 teams were "tied" for 1st.

tied for 3rd in 2005 (ahead of uconn), tied for 2nd in 2006 (ahead of uconn), 5th in 2007, tied for 2nd in 2008 (ahead of uconn), tied for 3rd in 2009 (ahead of uconn), and last in 2010 (still beat uconn).

even given what happened in 2010, RU has a better conference record than uconn since the BE has been in its current form. nobody won more BE games from 2005-2009 than RU, except WVU.

and a 7-5 RU team played a meaningless bowl game (obviously not the fiesta bowl...) in arizona, in 2005. sold 7000 through the school, and several thousand more through other channels. case closed?

nice 6 page thread about rutgers, btw.

Reaction Score
Win something........anything.......hang a banner.

Otherwise it's all bullsh!t.

RU fans coming on this site and posting this crap is simply foolish. UCONN stacks conference and national championships across multiple sports like cord wood. Rutgers............please.........

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
actually, RU was "tied" for 2nd place this year (ahead of uconn), while 3 teams were "tied" for 1st.

Uh if there are 3 teams tied for first, you aren't tied for second, you are tied for fourth. Does anyone really give a *#$& between the difference between 3rd, 4th and 5th? Rutgers has been in this league for eons compared to UConn and it's 2-0 Huskies.

Reaction Score
Uh if there are 3 teams tied for first, you aren't tied for second, you are tied for fourth.
Now that's just lol funny!

Does anyone really give a *#$& between the difference between 3rd, 4th and 5th? Rutgers has been in this league for eons compared to UConn and it's 2-0 Huskies.
Sadly, the only obvious answer here is.............Rutgers......

Reaction Score

I have to give credit where credit is due. I would have thought that making the stupidest post ever on this forum was out of reach of mere mortals. And yet ....

You tied for fourth you idiot.

Reaction Score
I have to give credit where credit is due. I would have thought that making the stupidest post ever on this forum was out of reach of mere mortals. And yet ....

You tied for fourth you idiot.

Love it when Biz gets all fired up!

Man that is just lol funny!

Reaction Score

tied for 3rd in 2005 (ahead of uconn), tied for 2nd in 2006 (ahead of uconn), 5th in 2007, tied for 2nd in 2008 (ahead of uconn), tied for 3rd in 2009 (ahead of uconn), and last in 2010 (still beat uconn).

even given what happened in 2010, RU has a better conference record than uconn since the BE has been in its current form. nobody won more BE games from 2005-2009 than RU, except WVU.

and a 7-5 RU team played a meaningless bowl game (obviously not the fiesta bowl...) in arizona, in 2005. sold 7000 through the school, and several thousand more through other channels. case closed?

nice 6 page thread about rutgers, btw.
That 2005 economy was a hell of a lot better than the 2010 economy. That same year UConn sold 17,000 seats for the Meineke bowl.
When it comes to collegiate sports vs UConn & Rutgers it's pathetically one sided favoring UConn. Case close verdict UConn.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hold on. What has Rutgers done in football that UConn hasn't? I guess they have played bowl games in 4 different baseball stadiums. Other than that I can't think of a single damned thing.

Off the top of my head...

They've won at least ten games in a season.

They've signed high caliber recruits.

They've knocked off a top 3 FBS team twice.

They have a strong showing in the NFL with 2 notable pro bowlers in Shaun O'Hara and Ray Rice. Not to mention a starting tackle for the resurgent 49ers in Anthony Davis.

It's ok to hate them, but silly to hate on them for not selling enough tickets to a bowl game many were pissed at because they were invited a week before we played our final game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They have a strong showing in the NFL with 2 notable pro bowlers in Shaun O'Hara and Ray Rice. Not to mention a starting tackle for the resurgent 49ers in Anthony Davis.

It's ok to hate them, but silly to hate on them for not selling enough tickets to a bowl game many were pissed at because they were invited a week before we played our final game.

To begin with, I haven't ripped them for their ticket sales to the Pinstripe Bowl - you might want to actually attempt to read the thread before you start posting nonsense.

I figured you'd come up with a bunch of crap that doesn't matter. Highly rated recruits and a handful of good NFL players - yeah that's very important when you don't win games while they are on your team.

They had one good season half a decade ago. To quote a former Big East star: whooptie damn do.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You asked me a question and I answered you. You should probably read the thread before asking me what Rutgers has done.

To have the longest bowl win streak in the nation, I would think Ray and Anthony had something to do with that.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it's whooptie doo to recruits. Obviously Schiano is selling something to these young men otherwise they wouldn't be kicking our butts in recruiting head to head battles as well as on the field results since realignment.

And to add to your half a decade remark, we have a losing record to them in your half a decade.

Although you didn't say it, I'll save you the trouble: we have multiple championships in other sports so that matters more.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You asked me a question and I answered you. You should probably read the thread before asking me what Rutgers has done.

To have the longest bowl win streak in the nation, I would think Ray and Anthony had something to do with that.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it's whooptie doo to recruits. Obviously Schiano is selling something to these young men otherwise they wouldn't be kicking our butts in recruiting head to head battles as well as on the field results since realignment.

If by 'answered' you mean you typed up a bunch of nonsense, then sure you answered.

You win. I give up. They are a such a recruiting juggernaut their wildly impressive bowl streak is wins over:
7-6 Kansas State
Ball State
6-7 NC State
UCF
(HERE IS WHERE WE IGNORE THEY FINISHED LAST AND DIDN'T HAVE A GAME)
6-7 Iowa State

All hail Rutgers - the KINGS OF SIGNING DAY!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Well they did beat an 8 win UConn team two years in a row. Coached by your boy Rangoon.

Oh and a Conference winning, BCS participant UConn team in 2010. Again, coached by....yea you know who.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Great news guys, UConn finished 3rd in the Big East this year apparently.

Reaction Score

If it weren't for the RU idiot claiming they tied for 2nd place this year, this would be a solid candidate for dumbest post of the year. It's only Jan 2nd but these 2 will be tough to beat.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Ouch. Can you tell me why it's a dumb post? I was asked a question on what Rutgers has accomplished that we haven't yet and I answered it to the best of my ability.

Did they accomplish dumb things?

Reaction Score
Is there any place where it is confirmed by any measure that 12,000 tickets were bought on the secondary market to the Fiesta Bowl last year by our fans?

Reaction Score
Of course you can.

Someone said it best earlier....RU is all sizzle and no substance. I wouldn't trade our last 10 years for theirs.

Reaction Score
Is there any place where it is confirmed by any measure that 12,000 tickets were bought on the secondary market to the Fiesta Bowl last year by our fans?

That's rhetorical, correct? There is no way to do more than through WAG numbers at how many UConn fans went to Phoenix without purchasing tickets through UConn. That is why it's such a silly thing to be discussing. Anyone can post whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom