Pindell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pindell

Reaction Score
With a different HC, probably, but I don't see RE letting a RS freshman QB throw more than 12-15 times per game. He will stubbornly try to grind it out on the ground against 8 in the box week after week after week, almost like turtleball. Of course this will fail miserably...
That is just wrong. He will do what he needs to do. Pindell is fine but he isn’t the guy to elevate a team. He just isn’t that good a passer. In the game as it is played today you need to be able to pass and pass well. He is basically a scambler. He will drive you nuts but he won’t beat you.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
That is just wrong. He will do what he needs to do. Pindell is fine but he isn’t the guy to elevate a team. He just isn’t that good a passer. In the game as it is played today you need to be able to pass and pass well. He is basically a scambler. He will drive you nuts but he won’t beat you.

So scoring 6 TD's in one game isn't elevating a team? If we didn't have such a bad defense, I think Pindell wins us a few games just on his own this season.

Reaction Score

Sorry I'm not tracking what you're saying is "wrong" with my post. You're talking about Pindell, and I was talking about how RE will likely go to the ground game heavily next year, limiting the number of times the new QB (not Pindell) throws the ball.

Reaction Score
If Pindell can catch the ball, CFL WR? PR? KR? Skat back? In the last 2 games, maybe Krajewski gets a shot to toss Pindell a pass. ;)

With his speed i would love to see him as a receiver. Get him the ball and watch him do his magic. We obviously have nothing to loose at this point.

Reaction Score
Sorry if someone has brought this up, figured I'd bring it up since everyone loves the idea...during the game the announcer compared Pindell to Edelman a few times. Sooooooo, what do you guys think about getting him in the slot or catching out of the back field and getting Krajewski some snaps? Seems like this convo is much better suited at this point in the season than before, this whole thing also assumes he doesn't have stone hands.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sorry if someone has brought this up, figured I'd bring it up since everyone loves the idea...during the game the announcer compared Pindell to Edelman a few times. Sooooooo, what do you guys think about getting him in the slot or catching out of the back field and getting Krajewski some snaps? Seems like this convo is much better suited at this point in the season than before, this whole thing also assumes he doesn't have stone hands.

Troll elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Troll elsewhere.
I'm only half trolling, Edelman played QB at Kent State where he played around his speed and agility, Pats drafted him and he played special teams and put on a bunch of weigh and turned himself into a stud receiver. Why not give Pindell a head start if possible and some film for scouts?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm only half trolling, Edelman played QB at Kent State where he played around his speed and agility, Pats drafted him and he played special teams and put on a bunch of weigh and turned himself into a stud receiver. Why not give Pindell a head start if possible and some film for scouts?
Because it’s only slightly crazy to change from the position he’s played his whole life to a new one with 2 games left in his college career? I think we should try a trick play to get him in the open though.

Reaction Score
Because it’s only slightly crazy to change from the position he’s played his whole life to a new one with 2 games left in his college career? I think we should try a trick play to get him in the open though.
I get it, but I don't think it's going to hurt the team too much if we give a half of football the next two games in a manner which might makes scout at least look. If he breaks a big play or two that would be all it would take for a headline or a video to go somewhat viral, especially with his stats.

Reaction Score
HCRE2.0 will do whatever makes the team better for 2021. We may have lost to UMass but at least HCRE2.0 coached well enough to earn $8,000 in bonuses for the year and have that added to his 2019 base salary. Can't wait to see the 2021 defense lead by our current crop of freshman and the 2019 recruiting class.

Reaction Score
That was one of the disagreements last season between Lashlee and Edsall. Randy benched Pindell after a rough first game but Rhett preferred him over BS. Fair to say Rhett was correct.

Casual take.

Stick to lying on the basketball board.

Reaction Score
Sorry I'm not tracking what you're saying is "wrong" with my post. You're talking about Pindell, and I was talking about how RE will likely go to the ground game heavily next year, limiting the number of times the new QB (not Pindell) throws the ball.
I think three is about a 2% chance Edsall does what you are suggesting next season. The only game where he really made no effort to throw this year was UMass and while I can disagree with that decision I can also understand it in that the game was played in a monsoon. Also note that Pindell wasn’t really throwing great in that one and had a really horrible psss picked off to seal the win for UMass. He wasn’t in the right zip code with some of his throws including that one. When UConn had a passer they threw the ball. When they had Brown Todman and Dixon, exceptional college running backs, they featured the run. I think if some folks who post here ran the team Donald Brown would have played guard. Edsall gets that offense has changed and he has changed with it. Unless Donald Brown is on the scout team we will continue to see a pretty wide open attack next year.

Reaction Score
I think three is about a 2% chance Edsall does what you are suggesting next season. The only game where he really made no effort to throw this year was UMass and while I can disagree with that decision I can also understand it in that the game was played in a monsoon. Also note that Pindell wasn’t really throwing great in that one and had a really horrible psss picked off to seal the win for UMass. He wasn’t in the right zip code with some of his throws including that one. When UConn had a passer they threw the ball. When they had Brown Todman and Dixon, exceptional college running backs, they featured the run. I think if some folks who post here ran the team Donald Brown would have played guard. Edsall gets that offense has changed and he has changed with it. Unless Donald Brown is on the scout team we will continue to see a pretty wide open attack next year.

So we disagree about the nature of next year's offense. You see an offense built around Krajewski's arm and I see one built largely on Krajewski handing off to Mensah and others on first and second downs, and throwing on third and long. Now if Krajewski turns out to be a proficient passer right out of the gate then yes, Edsall may rely more on his throwing ability, but I think it will take a season or more before he gets to that point. Dan O spent a good portion of his first year handing off to Terry Caulley and throwing short passes to the tight end. He completed under 50% of his passes and threw more pics than TDs. I expect a similar performance from Krajewski assuming he is our starter next year.

Reaction Score
That was one of their disagreements.

I’m not arguing that point. It’s your casual fan opinion that Rhett was right and Randy was wrong. That couldn’t be more wrong.

But I see last year you had the opposite take. So you were for Randy before you were against him.

Reaction Score
Memo to tdhusky: winning 14-10 is WAY better than losing 62-50.

UConn isn't doing that either. And with their defense, 14, 50 points isn't nearly enough. So, with the Huskies defense, even an exciting, productive offense is in an impossible position.

So memo to feescooter: losing 14-10 is NOT NEARLY as entertaining as losing 62-50. Aside from that, why can't the Huskies ever do both (O & D) in the same season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Imagine if we lost to Holy Cross last year. Woulda happened if Pindell didn't get yanked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom