Pikiell Lifetime Contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pikiell Lifetime Contract

Reaction Score
More reason to like the guy:

It’s nice that after quite a few years of soured relations between UConn and some of our basketball alumni (not necessarily Pike), it seems like everyone is bought in again. Funny enough, our biggest hater seems to be Donny Marshall lmao

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
What I do remember was CBB preview in the Courant the following fall. The lede was "Give Calhoun whatever he wants. He is the coach to lead us to the promised land."

Quoting the Hartfird Courant doesn't carry much weight

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Quoting the Hartfird Courant doesn't carry much weight
It does when they got the lede from one of my calls to Arnold Dean. To me, anyway.

willie99

Reaction Score
Pretty sure their pages also said UCONN should drop out of the Big East. High level inner city athletes would never go to Storrs

Guess their thinking is rather fluid

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SIMPLY AWESOME
Congrats Coach P
Still a true blue Husky

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And he's just over-compensating to not get calleda homer.
Because the two of them were at UConn during overlapping years, I've wondered whether Rebecca Lobo could ever be a resource for Donny toward developing a good balance between being recognized for the school attended and respected as fair-minded. I wonder as well if something like this might more easily happen if the both worked for the same network.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pretty sure their pages also said UCONN should drop out of the Big East. High level inner city athletes would never go to Storrs

Guess their thinking is rather fluid
I'm pretty sure they didn't. Maybe a letter to the editor or op-ed.

Reaction Score
Because the two of them were at UConn during overlapping years, I've wondered whether Rebecca Lobo could ever be a resource for Donny toward developing a good balance between being recognized for the school attended and respected as fair-minded. I wonder as well if something like this might more easily happen if the both worked for the same network.
Donny is nearing 50 and a grown man. He isn’t early in his career where he needs to speak to Rebecca. Hell, he was on board of trustees for a bit.

Donnie is fine. yes. The KO lawsuit killed the older guard relationship, meaning pre Kemba.

That’s something that gets turned around once Benedict leaves. That’s usually how these things go.

willie99

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they didn't. Maybe a letter to the editor or op-ed.

Think it was Alan Greenberg, but my memory is being tested here. What I do remember is being angry at the suggestion even though we did stink. It's something that stuck with me and a take I mocked over the years

Reaction Score
And he's just over-compensating to not get called a homer.
Somehow it's only our alums who feel compelled to do this.

That said, Pikiell is an easy guy to root for, but man it's embarrassing for Rutgers to give him a lifetime contract in January off of their best season in decades, and then miss the Tournament.

Reaction Score

That said, Pikiell is an easy guy to root for, but man it's embarrassing for Rutgers to give him a lifetime contract in January off of their best season in decades, and then miss the Tournament.
4-7 after the contract was extended.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

That isn't a problem. Rutgers athletics is used to being embarrassed.

Reaction Score

He also lost one of his best players to a season ending injury about the same time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Donnie is fine. yes. The KO lawsuit killed the older guard relationship, meaning pre Kemba.

That’s something that gets turned around once Benedict leaves. That’s usually how these things go.
That's the key. Donny and KO are boys. They won a pro title together. I could care less if it gets turned around.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
LOL Rutgirls tonight vs the mighty Hofstra Pride....guessing they just didn't want to be playing in th NIT

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

You should see what they did for Vivian Stringer.

Reaction Score
An often over looked consequence…is there really enough money to be forced to live in that s-hole of a state?

Reaction Score
Donny is nearing 50 and a grown man. He isn’t early in his career where he needs to speak to Rebecca. Hell, he was on board of trustees for a bit.

So was she.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I’m convinced that athletic directors are frequently the stupidest people on a college campus. No offense to Steve Pikiell, but giving him a lifetime contract is insanity. Rutger has been so god-awful that they somehow mistook middling for magical. They bid against themselves there.

I’d rather have Benedict.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m convinced that athletic directors are frequently the stupidest people on a college campus. No offense to Steve Pikiell, but giving him a lifetime contract is insanity. Rutger has been so god-awful that they somehow mistook middling for magical. They bid against themselves there.

They had to think he would take another job, right? Why else would you do it?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Maybe he would not stay there without a lifetime deal. I wouldn’t do the laundry at Rutgers’ athletic department without a lifetime contract, much less coach there. That place sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom