Pick Your Poison - Duke or 'Cuse Tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Poison - Duke or 'Cuse Tonight

Reaction Score
I totally agree. I'll root for anyone else against Duke, but never the Orange. I told my wife that I'd pull for that Taliban over Syracuse this morning, she thought that was a bit much.

The way I think of it is:

Yes, my life is going to be slightly worse if Duke wins another championship; I'll get over it though.

But imagine living in a world in which Syracuse has multiple championships??

That I just cannot handle.

Syracuse delenda est.

Forever and always.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Have to go with Syrexcuse. They have zero chance of winning it all. Puke has a good chance with all the bracket carnage. Plus if Syrexcuse wins, there's far more chance it will eventually be vacated by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
One. 1990.

Please dont try and say 1991 loss in the sweet 16 to a 2 seed (and eventual National champion) when we were an 11 was "painful". It shouldve happened.
Two. 1964.

We'd just beaten Princeton – whose star was Bill Bradley – 52-50 in a huge upset in the Sweet 16. It was really UConn's first appearance on the national stage.

In the Elite 8 Duke beat us by 50. It's a humiliation that my father talked about until the day he died.

Until we beat Duke by, say, 20+ in the tournament, that should be remembered as one of the 5 most painful losses in UConn history.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Two. 1964.

We'd just beaten Princeton – whose star was Bill Bradley – 52-50 in a huge upset in the Sweet 16. It was really UConn's first appearance on the national stage.

In the Elite 8 Duke beat us by 50. It's a humiliation that my father talked about until the day he died.

Until we beat Duke by, say, 20+ in the tournament, that should be remembered as one of the 5 most painful losses in UConn history.
Glad I wasn’t alive for that

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Two. 1964.

Oof.

I’m in a position where I knew nothing and had no connection to UConn basketball prior to about 93-94, so in my head we’ve gotten Duke whenever it hurt them most.

I can’t bear to see Cuse continue this year, they’ve irked me more and more as the years pass.

Though the argument about knocking another hated titan off the map this year does intrigue me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Definitely DPRK; @August_West loves Cuba. Just ask him about their healthcare.

Better than US by far.

Everyone is covered at 1/10th the cost per person and the Life expectancy is exactly the same. Better infant mortality rate and better drugs for diabetes and lung cancer. What’s not to like?

That’s not fake news. all items verifiable.

Reaction Score
Tough choice but for my son to win his pool he needs the points from Duke here and then lose

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Duke tonight, then Duke loses the next game. Hell if they win another title it doesn't even matter at this point, I just want to shut up the Cuse fans. 40 point margin sounds good.
This is my stance. Unfortunately, Duke is already in that tier just above us all time. I really don’t want Cuse thinking they’re on our level though.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate Syracuse, I want them to win. Even if they do, they're not winning it all. My thing is, Duke has 5 titles, being only 1 behind them, I don't want them having a shot at 6. I'd like to think with Hurley in now, within a couple years, we'll be competing again and would love to be tied, with a chance to pass Duke for amount of titles. I hate both schools, but Cuse does us a favor by letting another Duke team, favored to win it all, lose.
The tourney has been very fluky. I don't want to chance that Cuse can win again on a fluke. Best they lose tonight.

Reaction Score
Cuse can not win this whole thing, so let them knock out Duke.

Reaction Score
I despise Duke. I hate Cuse. In the absence of them killing each other, I'd take Cuse.

Reaction Score
Cuse can not win this whole thing, so let them knock out Duke.

Thats been kind of my thinking but then I say to myself no no I can't route for Cuse F both teams.

Reaction Score
Not to get all political, but I’m firmly in favor or the entire city of Syracuse being removed from the United States.

So, to answer the OP’s question, I’ll be rooting for Duke tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom