Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerry Jeff Walker - loved his ballads and stories like Mr Bojangles, etc. over the years.

This one "Follow" has always been poignant and special to me:

Reaction Score
If you do the group, this becomes impossible to choose but it go with just his solo work the choice is easy:

Good thought - when it comes to the Beatles, focus on their individual work post Fab 4. I always loved this George Harrison song, I think he accomplished some great stuff after the break up. I recall John Lennon saying something to the effect after the split saying "look at George, he just flourished"

Reaction Score
Need some more early R&R. Buddy Holly had many good songs in such a short time. Who knows what he might have accomplished if he hadn’t died in that plane crash at age 22.

My favorite Holly tune is "True Love Ways". And it is true who knows what he might have done had he lived.

Reaction Score
When up at UConn in the late 70s, one of my friends had a record by wrestler Fred Blassie, and when wasted he'd play it- love the song on it called "Pencil Neck Geek"

I remember hearing this on "The Dr. Demento Show" LOL

Reaction Score
Saw Hall and Oates listed too, my all time favorite from them is "One on One"

How appropriate for a basketball message board ;)

My favorite H&O single is "I Can't Go For That", I still crank it up when it comes on the radio. But my all time favorite song from them is "Your Imagination", also off the "Private Eyes" album

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Wow that is fabulous!!!
Not much left of the Tuxedo Junction scene anymore. But I understand it was at the heart of a lively musical culture back then. The area, like so many places in our cities, has been the victim of urban blight and lack of opportunity and community.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
After a little thought I figured I'd include my favorite artist performing today. Why not? It's free. By the way, if this guy doesn't move you then I'll rubber stamp your sociopath card.
I liked him when he was with the Jompson Brothers

On The Run - The Jompson Brothers

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This thread could potentially go on forever. What's the record for longest song thread?

Thought of a few somewhat more contemporary. Sometimes the first song I hear from someone just sticks with me. Definitely the case here. I love the lyric about "maybe pretty much always means no."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know any other songs by artist Eva Cassidy, who died young from cancer and doesn't have many videos other than what was recorded during this performance- she would die within a year and even here, she supposedly was extremely sick- but her "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" shows how beautiful she was:
I don't think she did this song that night, but still my favorite of hers. Cover of Fleetwood Mac

Songbird

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
These guys rocked a bit harder than most of their 80s brethren. Plenty of good songs to choose from, but this one really does it for me. I like the contrast between the long intro and when the song really gets going at about 1:20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom