Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Janis Lyn Joplin (January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970) was an American rock, soul, and blues singer-songwriter, and one of the most successful and widely known female rock stars of her era.[1][2][3] After releasing three albums, she died of a heroin overdose at the age of 27 .

Amazing how long it took to get that one out here. Good call.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Over "The Pusher"? I saw these guys twice, once after the release of "Born To Be Wild" and after "Magic Carpet Ride", and both times they did "The Pusher".

The other song I was considering was Don't Step on the Grass, Sam. About the Pusher: They had a gig in South Carolina, which of course had a lot of blue laws, including one about taking the lord's name in vain. There was a heavy police presence in the arena, waiting to arrest John Kay when the chorus came up. He was aware of this, so when it was time for the chorus, he held the microphone out, and thousands of South Carolinians chanted it. The cops were furious that they'd been outsmarted.

I saw Steppenwolf twice, too. The first was my first concert in 1974. The second turned out to be fake Steppenwolf and was awful. It was probably the closest thing to a riot I've been a part of.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
The songby by the Newsboys that contains the line that is every boneyarder's greatest fear:

"For want of direction the Huskies went off course."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger