Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This thing seriously won't be there for the opener? Like is this real life?
Yeah... supposedly the temporary one for the Towson game will be bigger than the old video board, who knows. They have 2 weeks between Towson and Maryland - they'd better have all the cables and the computer to control the system sorted out by the, or there will be some desperate phone calls to the Geek squad.

Reaction Score

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I suppose an appeal could be made to the governor's office, to bypass CT labor laws, and allow workers to be on the job 24/7 for the next 3 weeks, but it would probably take 4 weeks before he actually heard and considered the appeal, and then another 2 months before it actually made it through to a decision. LOL.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
DC gets some quotes from the Capitol Region Development Agency... basically it was the timing of the legislature passing the spending bill.

Also note this quote... this sounds like press-release-speak from WM saying "you done duck*ed up".

The UConn athletic department released a statement on the scoreboard delay: "UConn is a paying tenant at Rentschler Field and our expectation is that our fans enjoy a first-class experience every time that they attend a Husky football game there."

Reaction Score
So schedule a meeting before July 26th...or a conference call to address this one matter or something creative. Absolute incompetence in state government

Reaction Score
Love UConn's statement. Hope it went thru SH's office. She should be on the phone with Malloy and vice versa. And don't want to hear "they have bigger things to worry about"

Reaction Score
The temporary board is gonna be bigger and better than the one we had...non issue in my eyes. I'm assuming the cash wasn't available till July 1st...and it's gotta get voted on. I'm used to this crap working for the government...it is what it is?

Reaction Score
You are assuming the temporary board will work Pags, I work in a State Dept and it is never easy or uncomplicated. Think about the level of incompetence that went on with the I-84 fiasco in Southington or the UConn dorm fire code violations, or the UConn Greek houses, newly built at the time, having pipes freeze and burst, like the architects never considered winter. In this case UConn should get the rental fee reduced for hopefully only the Towson game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
DC gets some quotes from the Capitol Region Development Agency... basically it was the timing of the legislature passing the spending bill.

Also note this quote... this sounds like press-release-speak from WM saying "you done f* *ed up".
Coming from the same athletic department that produced the Spring Game, I'm still waiting for my quality experience.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So is the scoreboard here and just won't be installed on time or is it not even arrived for installation? If the scoreboard is here I'm not sure why a little pressure from UConn couldn't get the thing in by the first game. If it's not even here yet, then it's tough to do anything, even if you have the manpower to get it installed.

Finally, anyone know if the ribbon boards will be up for the Towson game or is that also a no go?

Reaction Score
So is the scoreboard here and just won't be installed on time or is it not even arrived for installation? If the scoreboard is here I'm not sure why a little pressure from UConn couldn't get the thing in by the first game. If it's not even here yet, then it's tough to do anything, even if you have the manpower to get it installed.

Finally, anyone know if the ribbon boards will be up for the Towson game or is that also a no go?

Unless someone sees tractor trailers in the parking lot - my sense is that it's in Daktronic's production queue in South Dakota. The mobile/portable "loaner" will also come from one of Daktronics regional partners.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I have to assume its a parts backlog issue, but I wouldn't discount the need to run new cables to not only the new video board but to the ribbon boards as well, though I am not sure I ever saw anything official that ribbon boards were included for this season.

Reaction Score
You are assuming the temporary board will work Pags, I work in a State Dept and it is never easy or uncomplicated. Think about the level of incompetence that went on with the I-84 fiasco in Southington or the UConn dorm fire code violations, or the UConn Greek houses, newly built at the time, having pipes freeze and burst, like the architects never considered winter. In this case UConn should get the rental fee reduced for hopefully only the Towson game.

Nothing is every easy or uncomplicated, period. It's not just the government. Private companies have done plenty of stupid things over the years. But I'll refrain from getting into it, as it's best reserved for the Cesspool, heh.

Reaction Score
Nothing is every easy or uncomplicated, period. It's not just the government. Private companies have done plenty of stupid things over the years. But I'll refrain from getting into it, as it's best reserved for the Cesspool, heh.

Oh, it's the government, in this case the multiple, byzantine layers of Connecticut state government. If UConn ran the Rent, as it should, just like it runs Gampel, the scoreboard would not be an issue. Didn't seem to be a problem when Gampel installed theirs a couple of years ago (and did quite a good job with that project).

The cavalier attitude of the spokesperson for the CRDA or whatever it's called was classic. "It got caught up in the production queue". Oh well. I'll be stunned if A) the magic portable board works and B) if this thing is working properly for Michigan, never mind Maryland.

Reaction Score
Remember the temporary bleachers will be going up between Maryland and Michigan right around the scoreboard so we all better hope that the new scoreboard is up for Maryland or there will be quite the cluster going on in the beer garden the week of Michigan.

Reaction Score
The cavalier attitude of the spokesperson for the CRDA or whatever it's called was classic. "It got caught up in the production queue". Oh well. I'll be stunned if A) the magic portable board works and B) if this thing is working properly for Michigan, never mind Maryland.

Not exactly what they said but hey, close enough for government criticism:

"But as a state agency, we're limited. We looked at a lot of things. We couldn't take out a loan. We couldn't sign a lease agreement. We had the lawyers working overtime and state bond council, and we just couldn't find a legal way to do it. "Once they approve it, you can sign a contract that day, but you can't sign anything prior, so without the money in place we couldn't sign the contract that would have put us in the construction queue."

Guess the company could have taken a Dannel IOU :)

In all likelihood - this is how they will handle the portable board.

http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsServices/Products/Video/MobileModular/Outdoor/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsS...bileModular/TrucksTrailers/Pages/default.aspx

Reaction Score
If it's good enough for whatever the heck Bucyurs is then it must be good enough for us.

Reaction Score
My man JoeD weighs in. . . .and he's right (from his blog)

The scoreboard snafu at the Rent is mind boggling to me. How this was allowed to happen by the Capitol Region Development Authority (CRDA) is stunning. I don’t care how impressive the new board will be or how good the temporary board will be for the Towson game. When your LONE tenant is paying $170,000 per game for rent, they should be treated better. Inexcusable. The excuses made in Desmond Connor’s story in the Courant by CRDA venue director Kim Hart are lame.

Reaction Score
My man JoeD weighs in. . . .and he's right (from his blog)

The scoreboard snafu at the Rent is mind boggling to me. How this was allowed to happen by the Capitol Region Development Authority (CRDA) is stunning. I don’t care how impressive the new board will be or how good the temporary board will be for the Towson game. When your LONE tenant is paying $170,000 per game for rent, they should be treated better. Inexcusable. The excuses made in Desmond Connor’s story in the Courant by CRDA venue director Kim Hart are lame.

Yeah but notice he didn't offer a suggestion/comment on what could have been done differently to avoid the situation. Everyone can play Monday Morning QB.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
But you notice he didn't offer a suggestion on what could have been done differently to avoid the situation.
There is a process, and they had to follow the process. Maybe if UConn had somebody lobbying hard in the Capitol and riding some butts things could have been accomplished faster.

Reaction Score
There is a process, and they had to follow the process. Maybe if UConn had somebody lobbying hard in the Capitol and riding some butts things could have been accomplished faster.

Along with everyone else who had a vested interest/project on the agenda for the State Bond Commission meeting.(http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/BA/2013SB-00842-R000677-BA.htm) - list of projects.

Signed 7/1 - approved 7/26 is light speed for CT!

Sucks - but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc