Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress | The Boneyard

Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was taken this morning. Not much to see. Just a big hole where the old one was
image.jpg

Reaction Score
hmnnn. Better update that logo while they're at it. With the cool weather this morning, can't help but think about football being around the corner.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...I was thinking that whole set up would come down and get replaced. If they are just going to fit a bigger scoreboard into that same area, it won't be too much bigger.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...I was thinking that whole set up would come down and get replaced. If they are just going to fit a bigger scoreboard into that same area, it won't be too much bigger.
It can always go over the edge. The structure can just be used to be load bearing.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly that whole area wasn't scoreboard, lots of add panels were up there too. So it very well could be larger?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374775891.431288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I was told the new HD video screen will fill up the entire structure stretching across those large advertising logos. They will be will be gone (maybe smaller ones?) and the Down/Distance/Score area will be moved down. We'll soon find out.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly that whole area wasn't scoreboard, lots of add panels were up there too. So it very well could be larger? View attachment 3268

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if they go corner to corner on the same structure...its maybe 2.5 times bigger. Its better than what we have now, no doubt. I guess I was just hoping for something over the top awesome that wouldn't just be playing catch-up. Im not talking Texas, but maybe something like Iowa.

0456201_south_large.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I was told the new HD video screen will fill up the entire structure stretching across those large advertising logos. They will be will be gone (maybe smaller ones?) and the Down/Distance/Score area will be moved down. We'll soon find out.

What they'll do is fill the outer edges of the video board with ads most of the time. Since it's video, you can sell a lot more ads because you can rotate them as often as you'd like. That's what Texas did when they installed their giant board.

Texas-Longhorns-Jumbotron.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll take NIU's....
BP9Af3YCQAErxPO.jpg:large

Anything's better than what we had...no more binoculars to read the T.O.L. or Game Clock

Reaction Score
hmnnn. Better update that logo while they're at it. With the cool weather this morning, can't help but think about football being around the corner.

was wondering why the old logo was still up...

Reaction Score
Yeah, if they go corner to corner on the same structure...its maybe 2.5 times bigger. Its better than what we have now, no doubt. I guess I was just hoping for something over the top awesome that wouldn't just be playing catch-up. Im not talking Texas, but maybe something like Iowa.

0456201_south_large.jpg

That's sharp right there.

Reaction Score
Agreed, so that's probably hoping for too much.

To be fair, there really is no way to mount that at the Rent and give it the same feel/look, but as video boards go, it is one of the most aesthetically pleasing I've seen.

Reaction Score
To be fair, there really is no way to mount that at the Rent and give it the same feel/look, but as video boards go, it is one of the most aesthetically pleasing I've seen.

Yes to what you say. However, seems like that engineering dilemma could be overcome. UConn is trying to rebrand and make a statement afterall.

Reaction Score
They are spending $2.8 million on the monitor. I really can't ask for much more from the state for a 10 year old stadium. Let's all get a look at it before we ask for bigger at least.

Reaction Score
They are spending $2.8 million on the monitor. I really can't ask for much more from the state for a 10 year old stadium. Let's all get a look at it before we ask for bigger at least.

I hear you...I don't mean to jump on it before we've even seen a picture but I just feel like I'm going to be underwhelmed.

Anyone else concerned that they can get this done in a month? I have no idea how long it takes, but if they were going to build new supports, I'd assume longer than a month.....which makes me think they are just going to bolt a new screen to the same support structure

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Des just tweeted out that the scoreboard will not be ready for Opening Night against Towson. They are going to use a portable scoreboard. Unbelievable that this couldn't have been better planned.

Reaction Score
Des just tweeted out that the scoreboard will not be ready for Opening Night against Towson. They are going to use a portable scoreboard. Unbelievable that this couldn't have been better planned.

Oh the humanity. Who cares? I just want to see football.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is actually a pretty big indictment of whoever is responsible...dont know if it's the University or the Rent Management.

Off season upgrades to stadiums are pretty standard operating issues. Somebody screwed up.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc