Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah but notice he didn't offer a suggestion/comment on what could have been done differently to avoid the situation. Everyone can play Monday Morning QB.

What do you mean he didn't offer a comment? Pretty clear to me JoeD means that you bend over backwards for the main tenant (again, a ridiculous arrangement) and put a project like this in the express lane. If that's not "state procedure" it should be. It's not like buying supplies from Staples as the CRDA person seemed to suggest.

Don't understand why people are defending an inefficient state bureaucracy here. This is not a one-off. Every year it seems like it's one thing or another at the Rent, some worse than others. The grass-killing episode of several years ago comes to mind.

P.S. - curious if the teeny-tiny boards in the end zones that had the clock and the score & time outs have already been ripped out and if there will be a real 'score' board Aug 29. Wouldn't be shocking if there isn't.

Reaction Score
What do you mean he didn't offer a comment? Pretty clear to me JoeD means that you bend over backwards for the main tenant (again, a ridiculous arrangement) and put a project like this in the express lane. If that's not "state procedure" it should be. It's not like buying supplies from Staples as the CRDA person seemed to suggest.

Don't understand why people are defending an inefficient state bureaucracy here. This is not a one-off. Every year it seems like it's one thing or another at the Rent, some worse than others. The grass-killing episode of several years ago comes to mind.

I get the "customer service aspect to the tenant" - no argument. But he didn't offer a valid comment/suggestion on what could have been done legally to circumvent the process laid out in State law to get the cash needed.

Inefficient and state bureaucracy go hand in hand. You must not deal with state and municipal budgets much - eh?

Reaction Score
Law, schmaw. In this case convenient excuse for folks wrapped up in their own inadequacy to hide behind. If the "right" people had thrown their weight behind this once it was approved by legislature all the "obstacles" cited could have been easily overcome.

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced good ole Danel Malloy could not have pulled an executive order of some kind. There is ALWAYS a way to get something done if the person in charge wants to get it done.

Our state government is small time. It shows quite often. If we ever got a B1G invite I'm pretty sure stadium expansion would be part of the deal.

Our fearless leaders would bloviate for months before anything got done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It sucks that the scoreboard won't be ready in time. But the fact that the state is not allowed to spend money before it is allocated is a good thing.

Reaction Score
It sucks that the scoreboard won't be ready in time. But the fact that the state is not allowed to spend money before it is allocated is a good thing.

Palantine....how'd you get Waquoit's credentials?

Reaction Score
Remember the temporary bleachers will be going up between Maryland and Michigan right around the scoreboard so we all better hope that the new scoreboard is up for Maryland or there will be quite the cluster going on in the beer garden the week of Michigan.

THis has occurred to me. Whoever gave the go ahead on the new scoreboard, whatever it's dimensions and specs, I hope, has been in communication with whomever has designed and plans to erect the extra seating for that game. I have no idea whatsoever the dimensions of this new board, but if it's larger than the existing structure, and bleachers are set to go in around it..............nuff said.

Reaction Score
Video boards being bolted in place... Still have a ways to go. Couldn't get a field view. No sign of sideline ribbon boards yet.

Rent.jpg

Reaction Score
The individual video boards are stacked vertically in the crates on the ground.

Rent2.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As much as I like the view of scoreboard end of the stadium framing downtown Hartford and the rolling hills of the Connecticut River valley, I'd also really like to see enough demand for tickets that seats butt up against the scoreboard on both sides at least halfway up.

Reaction Score
THis has occurred to me. Whoever gave the go ahead on the new scoreboard, whatever it's dimensions and specs, I hope, has been in communication with whomever has designed and plans to erect the extra seating for that game. I have no idea whatsoever the dimensions of this new board, but if it's larger than the existing structure, and bleachers are set to go in around it..............nuff said.
The company who is doing the temporary seating was at the Rent within the last couple of weeks to do a walk around with the building and fire inspector. I was told that after this the arrangement of the seating would be determined. I was also told the seating is pretty versatile and can be changed on short notice to satisfy building/fire regulations.

Reaction Score
So these are the temporary scoreboard panels or are things ahead of schedule with the new board?

Reaction Score
Turn in your press credentials Medic! If they are bolting them onto the tower I was hoping they were the new one's. Maybe getting the electronic connections right will delay it till Maryland. I second the motion about adding permanent seats around the scoreboard. It would make it even louder in there and we don't do too bad now when everyone is into it.

Reaction Score
Still have to change that logo. New logo up at Gample, J.O. Christian, and the softball field but not the field that has a game in a week.

Reaction Score
Still have to change that logo. New logo up at Gample, J.O. Christian, and the softball field but not the field that has a game in a week.

Last thing I would change with all the activity in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom