Piath to the NBL1 (Australia) | The Boneyard

Piath to the NBL1 (Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I guess things didn’t work out in Portland…

I wish Piath the best and hope she can finally gain some traction with her career, but I definitely didn’t have her going pro before Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, or Mir on my class of 2020 bingo card.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't understand the statement "has won it all at the college level" part of this announcement.
I'm glad that she is going pro but I just am wondering what she won in college.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm just super thrilled for her. Wish her much success. Just goes to show what having UConn on your resume will do for your hype! :D

BTW isn't that photo of her in her UConn jersey? Certainly not UMass or Portland!! LOL

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good for her, but:

“The former UConn player has won it all at the college level”???

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Maybe they won it all in 2021 on the Australian telecast... :rolleyes:

I'd really just chalk it up to assumptions about UConn from an agency that doesn't have many American clients. If you scroll through their IG page, there are very few US players highlighted.

Reaction Score
I'm just super thrilled for her. Wish her much success. Just goes to show what having UConn on your resume will do for your hype! :D

BTW isn't that photo of her in her UConn jersey? Certainly not UMass or Portland!! LOL
To be honest... we get a good number of American players here, and whenever an UConn player shows up I go crazy (of course) but most of the local crowd and papers don't get all that excited about it. Tiffany Hayes played here a couple of years and while I thought it was like the 2nd revelation, I was kinda on my own with that!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
1. She was mostly sitting on the bench at UMass
2. She entered the portal and left school in May
3. She transferred to the University of Portland for this school year, and was listed on their roster for fall semester (now she's off the roster, but is still in the team photo -- #36). However, since it was her second transfer, she wasn't able to play.

resize.jpg

Reaction Score
Saw a path for Piath where she played for a true mid-major like a Patriot League team. Built up her skills and credentials then transferred as a grad student to a top 20 school. Her decisions on colleges were curious at best.

Reaction Score
Happy for Paith. Sorry she didn't stick around for the Huskies. She might have grown into a well-rounded player and certainly helped in what we now know is a shortage of bigs. Life is filled with what might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom