PHX against Tulsa (Long) | The Boneyard

PHX against Tulsa (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game of Tulsa against PHX was a lot of fun with great offense, OT and the “right” team winning J
Few impressions/observations:
· DT is the best PG, SG, Small Forward, and Player in the world and when the starting 5 were announced before the game she was announced as the center J
· I’m worried for the WNBA if a game against PHX on Sunday afternoon (#:30pm) brings barely 4,000 people to the game.
· DT got endless nervous energy and she talks non-stop…to her team mates, to the other team player, to the refs and even to the crowd. At one point some hackler shouted something at her and she turned to him and said Shut-up to the laughter of the crowd.
· DT is truly an amazing player and IMO the best women’s basketball player of all time but I do wish she would talk less with the refs and just play….
· Griner was good but it’s clear she’s got a learning curve to go through. She is slow on rotations on defense and on offense she does not pass out of double teams which is interesting as in college she was very good in finding open teammates when double teamed.
· Charde was very good in the minutes she played and actually on defense was a lot of time guarding the SG of Tulsa and doing it well.
· I don’t care much for the game of Bonner as I think she needs to shoot much less but what do I know…
· Gilbereth in the game was shooting well which was curious to me as before the game in warm-ups she was not hitting much and seems to have a funky ball release with her body kind of tilting to one side but apparently game time she does well so again, what do I know J
· Sami P. seemed out of place and overwhelmed at this level. She can’t handle ball pressure well and too small to pass over players.
· Diggins was excellent. This was the Diggins I remembered from the ND games. Under control, very good passer, great court awareness. She’ll be a very good player for many years to come.
· Glory Johnson was great (aggressive around the basket, very solid mid-range shot) as well as R. Williams who was unconscious from 3 point land including the basket to get the game to OT.
· I was wondering what happened to K. Pederson as the current version was not doing much on the court and thinking back to few years ago in San Antonio when a Stanford fan told me that she’ll be better than Maya in 5 years….well, I guess not!

All in all, a long weekend well spent for me J

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed the game! I agree, it is a bummer that the attendance was only 4,000 or so (good guess btw - per the box score it was 4,206). But this is Tulsa. Not exactly a mecca of anything...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey, leave Bonner alone. She is the Iceman. DT is the Walrus!!! :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Great analysis. I was very disappointed in the attendance figures. Maybe Father's Day had a negative impact but if Tulsa can't pull better numbers to see DT and BG then that franchise may be in trouble.

DT is just an incredible player. I have never seen her better. Like Serena she may just now be at her best in her 30s.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great analysis. I was very disappointed in the attendance figures. Maybe Father's Day had a negative impact but if Tulsa can't pull better numbers to see DT and BG then that franchise may be in trouble.

DT is just an incredible player. I have never seen her better. Like Serena she may just now be at her best in her 30s.
You are quickly becoming my NOT least favorite poster on the board... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom