pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Photo courtesy of Shea Ralph

BQSGFisCEAIcyXi.jpg:large

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How am I gonna wear two watches? Why is he taking one away? Ah, he gave it back! This is a funny guy...I like him. If he only spoke English. (You had to watch the whole thing folks :)).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Perfect! - you nailed it!
(He did actually speak English during his closing statement but the volume on the broadcast was turned so low it was very hard to hear.)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, they had a conversation, so I assumed he spoke English. He must have been soft-spoken, she had to lean in to hear him.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's simply amazing. Not only the best player on team USA, but best player in the tourney. I'd say Morgan and A'ja were 2nd and 3rd best. Harper, Jefferson, Jones and Graves all had nice tourneys too.

HGN

Reaction Score
Well deserved Stewie............Well deserved. Congratulations !!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Size of the dial looks like a men's watch at that.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Strange trophy. What do you make of that? Is that typical? Well, winning is winning, and at least it was easy to get through the metal detectors.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Watches are often part of the winners haul. I think they have been included in BE awards and NCAAs as well. For some reason (probably because a lot of sports use timing devices) the marketing arm of a lot of the big watch makers does huge business as the sponsors of competitions all over the world, and they love to get their product into pictures with the winners and the best of the best. Adding the price of 6 watches to the rest of their sponsorship is a guarantee of at least a few pictures being published for free.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Watches are often part of the winners haul. I think they have been included in BE awards and NCAAs as well. For some reason (probably because a lot of sports use timing devices) the marketing arm of a lot of the big watch makers does huge business as the sponsors of competitions all over the world, and they love to get their product into pictures with the winners and the best of the best. Adding the price of 6 watches to the rest of their sponsorship is a guarantee of at least a few pictures being published for free.
True that. My best friend was a member of a national championship hockey team at Michigan. He's got the traditional ring and also a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom