Phoenix vs Minny | The Boneyard

Phoenix vs Minny

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
After three quarters Phoenix is 1-16 from three point range. Dupree and Griner a combiner 9 of 16 yet the guards just keep jacking up long range bombs.

Bonner and DT a combined 5-23.

Here's hoping that they come back next year and have a less guard oriented gameplan.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Maya with a fake, drive and finger-roll, followed by a short jumper along the baseline for what/ 21?
Those shots are both so familiar and pleasing

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Bonner is 4-15, 0-6 from three. Minny winning even tho Whalen has 3 pts.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really hope Bonner is anywhere but Phoenix next year. She finished the series at 6-26 (23%), including 0-12 from three point range.

Phoenix needs to revamp their offensive game plan and I cannot see that happening with Bonner on the team. She is going to shoot first and ask questions later.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Seriously, though, I've never seen a star player in any league get the short end of the stick as much as Taurasi. It's embarrassing to watch.

It's obvious that the refs are not going to give her the calls. She must have really pissed them off.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya with a fake, drive and finger-roll, followed by a short jumper along the baseline for what/ 21?
Those shots are both so familiar and pleasing

As the Brits would say: "Quite."

:)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great job by all of the Lynx, really. They do a great job of defending the Merc even when they go small with Brunson at the 5 and Maya at the 4. Brunson is just a defensive monster in every respect. McCarville also acquitted herself admirably.

Maya and Seimone together outclassed the rest of the other playoff teams' offenses today. Their skill, moves and efficiency were on full display and made other offenses look dim and dull.

Go Lynx! Bring home more hardware for Maya! And may Tiff score in bunches as well. Just not enough to win more than 2 games.

:)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tiff is playing the best ball of her life for sure.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Atlanta's problem is that Maya is playing her best ball, too.

How'd you like that upfake and step-through for the lay in? She makes it all look so easy, like its in slo mo :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really hope Bonner is anywhere but Phoenix next year. She finished the series at 6-26 (23%), including 0-12 from three point range.

Phoenix needs to revamp their offensive game plan and I cannot see that happening with Bonner on the team. She is going to shoot first and ask questions later.
Not only that but some of her shots are early in the shot clock and about 3 feet beyond the edge of the arc. She can certainly put up some points, but talk about a volume shooter. Just crazy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How'd you like that upfake and step-through for the lay in? She makes it all look so easy, like its in slo mo :)
We've learned that Maya practices and practices. But in games, yes, she makes it look easy. And she's made it look easy for at least 7 years.

Reaction Score
Not only that but some of her shots are early in the shot clock and about 3 feet beyond the edge of the arc. She can certainly put up some points, but talk about a volume shooter. Just crazy.
She was a big factor last year when everyone was injured but now she looks weak compared to everyone else.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really was disgusted with how little she was used on offense this season. In this game DT and Bonner took 16 three pointers between the two of them, hitting a whopping 2, and BG got 6 shots. Does anyone see a problem here?

I felt that there were some players who simply decided that they were not going to pass the ball to BG. Maybe they resented the Griner hype.

Phoenix would have been better off drafting EDD, Diggins or another guard since they had no intentions of utizing BG's offensive skills.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I really was disgusted with how little she was used on offense this season. In this game DT and Bonner took 16 three pointers between the two of them, hitting a whopping 2, and BG got 6 shots. Does anyone see a problem here?

I felt that there were some players who simply decided that they were not going to pass the ball to BG. Maybe they resented the Griner hype.

Phoenix would have been better off drafting EDD, Diggins or another guard since they had no intentions of utizing BG's offensive skills.

They really should have. She was a much better fit for them IMO. And it would have been amazing to see her and DT play together.

Phoenix needs a good PG, and needs to ditch Bonner.

Oh well, on wards to the college season. Go Rutgers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer