Phoenix vs Chicago | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Phoenix vs Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Does this mean that seats are being sold for the WNBA? That would be great news!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
was fun to watch. The Sun play friday and saturday, I believe against the sky and lynx respectively. Looking forward to both games.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Agreed...until Prince darts for overseas play. Too bad she won't be around for the full season. Will she back back for the end of the season?

She will be back at the beginning of July. She will play against the Sun & Tulsa before leaving on the 4th.

Reaction Score
What impresses me even more than EDD's shooting is her sense of calm. She looks like she was groomed for this moment. She and Prince are a dynamic duo.
Too bad Prince will be leaving us soon & things will fall apart
tocry.png

Reaction Score
Was happy to see BG have a big second half (15 points, 7 rebounds, two dunks). That first quarter she was obviously a bit nervous. EDD had the advantage having played a WNBA game already. Phoenix needs to recognize who should be taking the most shots, and its not Bonner (25%) and Dupree (35%).

BG's shooting % was right on par with her NCAA % at 63.6%. Houston was also effective (3-4).

She enjoyed one of her dunks so much that she forgot to play defense on Fowles.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She enjoyed one of her dunks so much that she forgot to play defense on Fowles.

LOL. But she outplayed Fowles, an Olympian and veteran WNBA player. Those dunks were big for her because it establishes her aggression. After that really bad start she had a great second half. She will celebrate a bit less going forward.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She will be back at the beginning of July. She will play against the Sun & Tulsa before leaving on the 4th.

I think I misread. She will be back with Chicago at the beginning of July? If so they are definitely a playoff team.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Except when she makes lazy fouls out of bad plays..

Yeah, if we are talking abut the same foul, it was sort of, "I don't feel like defending you so I'll just foul"

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think I misread. She will be back with Chicago at the beginning of July? If so they are definitely a playoff team.

Yes. She'll be gone from June 4th to June 30th.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes. She'll be gone from June 4th to June 30th.

Ahhhh...that's not too long for them the hold down the fort until she returns. They will make a serious playoff run.

Reaction Score
Brittany had two dunks.... but like my father always says, a dunk is only worth 2 points. I personally still think the player that should have gone first was EDD. Waiting for Griner to throw a player down like she did Dolson when she gets mad

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Dunks, shmunks,,,
I knew EDD was the #1, She's going to have a magnificent WNBA career.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, after Phx's performance today, maybe they will miss the playoffs again and get to choose Simms, Gray, Hartley, or Ogwimike (I think Chiney goes 1st in the next draft). Dupree was just awful today. 6-17 is terrible for a 4. She isn't the reason they lost, of course, but her shot selection was not good. Going to be an interesting year...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Dunks, shmunks,,,

EDD played great today. Unfortunately Griner put herself on the bench most of the first half. However, Griner out scored EDD 15 to 6 in the second half and outplayed one of the top 3 centers in the world. You may want to hold of until you see a few more games.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I predict that EDD will be one of the most feared scorers in the history of the WNBA.
I certainly think that Griner will have a fine career, but the variety off EDD's game is breathtaking.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD scored 5 more points but took 10 more shots than BG. BG shot 63.6 % from the floor and EDD shot 42.8. Had BG not gotten into foul trouble early she would have had better stats in every catogory.

Bonner and Dupree shot way too many shots. Those two need to recognize the pecking order on offense. Neither should be shooting more shots than either DT or BG did today.

With BG on the floor in the second half EDD was limited to 6 point while BG scored 15. So you may want to wait before you make a decision based on one half of superior basketball.

Dunks, shmunks,,,

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lost in the EDD vs BG discussion was Prince's performance. That woman may be the best shooter in the WNBA.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
1st game of the season folks....it's only the first game

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
EDD scored 5 more points but took 10 more shots than BG. BG shot 63.6 % from the floor and EDD shot 42.8. Had BG not gotten into foul trouble early she would have had better stats in every catogory.

Bonner and Dupree shot way too many shots. Those two need to recognize the pecking order on offense. Neither should be shooting more shots than either DT or BG did today.

With BG on the floor in the second half EDD was limited to 6 point while BG scored 15. So you may want to wait before you make a decision based on one half of superior basketball.

Elena really didn't need to score in the second half because Chicago was up so much. Griner did damage when it really didn't matter. Like dunking twice while down 20+. :p

And really comparing shooting % between centers and a wing? Really? :rolleyes:

Anyways, the only thing that really matters is the fact that Chicago got the win.

They both will have great years, and careers...but I still have my money on EDD for ROY.

And also....EP&EDD is going to really be fun to watch.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Why do you not compare shooting percentages between a center and a forward. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a player that shoots 63% than one shooting 43%. If Gaines wakes up and recognizes that BG needs to take 20 shots a game she will average 25 a game, easily. So EDD may have more variety and look prettier doing it, but BG is more efficient on offense. Now, the task is convincing her teammates to throw her the ball ball instead of shooting 25 footers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was just very disappointed that Bonner and Dupree jacked up a shot at every open look. And some of their drives to the basket were sheer silliness.

I did see a nice connection between BG and Houston. I'd like to see them together on the floor more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom