Phoenix Mercury announces Diana Taurasi Court | The Boneyard

Phoenix Mercury announces Diana Taurasi Court

Reaction Score
I love me some Diana, but one of those courts should be named for BG. She's just as much a legend as DT, and she's done a lot for the team and community too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I love me some Diana, but one of those courts should be named for BG. She's just as much a legend as DT, and she's done a lot for the team and community too.
I disagree - I love me some BG, but she is not "just as much a legend" - in fact, it's not really even close. BG, while one of the great centers (top 3 or 4) of all time (not even the "best" center of all time - Charles, Fowles, Leslie), is a huge fan favorite, and I absolutely adore her. But... she's not close to the same category as the all-time GOAT.

This thread should be about accolades and congrats to Diana. Congrats to Dee on a well deserved honor.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I do kind of wish there was a past player to name the 2nd court, not per se because Diana can't have both, but the Merc is a very long time franchise and one would think they could honor 2 folks when naming 2 courts.

Reaction Score
Please! There is simply no universe in which Griner is “just as much a legend as DT!” They are not remotely comparable in any way except in the sense that both have played for the Mercury for their entire careers! I don’t really know enough about their respective contributions to their community to make any kind of educated comment about that but as Women’s Basketball “Legends”, let’s just say they are worlds apart!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Really?? LOL. Come on, not even remotely close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom